• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain thy GA nickname!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

Obligatory, yes I know, but interesting none-the-less.

Pattergen is an annoying enemy from the Panzer Dragoon series.

karasu

fighting nickname. karasu tengu were believed to have been responsible for teaching samurai how to wield their swords.

tengu-1.jpg

Dyne

Bye bye Dragonmaster Dyne
Now Laike's helping me
To the dragons I must find
And my four new friends aren't far behind
Singing this'll be the day that he dies

(Lunar series.)

Xizk

Just typed something in when I was going to play Half-Life online. And no, I have no idea how to pronounce it.

Matlock

Banned
Xizk said:
Just typed something in when I was going to play Half-Life online. And no, I have no idea how to pronounce it.

Looks like Zik, the z would be silent. Or "Sick." Whichever.

Mine...I was bored, Conanza was a crappy name, and...well...that's about all I remember.

Tortfeasor

A tortfeasor is someone who commits torts, it is a legal term... I am a law student and the name in laymen's terms means someone who acts in a negligent or intentionally liable manner. Basically a tortfeasor would be the guy you sue for hitting your car :)

Socreges

Banned
Something + Creative + Gs [GG -> my initials] = Socreges

Really, though, it's more an excuse to have a name that sounds like Socrates.
Kind of ironic that I've now gone completely against what purpose my initial name served.

it was supposed to be pistonhonda, but i just fucked with it. Now i regret it. I want a new nick.

do mods have the power to change usernames? If so, i want "Ninja Scooter" or "electric dyke".

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Scarecrow - care == Scrow

An apathetic scarecrow...

That's not actually the true story behind my nickname, but it sounds like it could be, so it'll do for now.

Triumph

Banned
I am now posting under Hunter S. Thompson's infamous pseudonym from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Raoul Duke.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Oh yeah, and this thread's topic is "Explain thy GA nickname!", but Scrow isn't my nickname only here. I try to use it everywhere I register on the Internet, but sometimes someone has taken before I got there... which suprises me. Who would want such a stupid nick?

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
GMUNYIFan

GMU = George Mason University

NYI = New York Islanders

Fan = Fanatic

So basically it just sums up that I'm a New York Islanders Fanatic that goes to George Mason University

umk3ermac-1.gif

Ermac is short for Error Macro, which was an error (machine crash) that caused the first Mortal Kombat game to allow you to fight this super-secret red ninja before the game locked up.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Prince of Space said:
Old Japanese sorta-sentai film seen on MST3K.

yuseiouji.jpg

"Your weapons are useless!"

yuseiouji.jpg

"When will you ever learn your guns won't work on me?!"

yuseiouji.jpg

"How many times do I have to demonstrate to you? Your guns are worthless against me!"

arter_2

arter_2

the name i came up with some one who is not an established artist yet sorta an artist in training and two which is my favorite number.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
First, middle, and last initials, and more importantly my arcade (remember those?) high score screen initials of ownage. Exciting, I know.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cats eat fish. Some fish grew to look like cats. probably to scare other fish.

Thats badass.

I'm Badass.

Ergo, I'm a catfish.

Meier

Made a dwarf warrior in Everquest back in 1999. Been a huge Sid Meier fan since the early 90s and since I associate Dwarves with beer, I associate them with Germans and so I thought it had a nice sound to it. Been using it as my online handle since.

Ramirez

Ramirez from Skies of Arcadia,he rocks,I rock,so ya know :D

And is that animal a dog or what?He rocks,I want one,lol...how much if 400-500K Yen in Dollars :p

AeroGod

whitechocolatespaceegg is the title of one of Liz Phair's albums, one of my favorite musicians ever. Not her best albums by any means, but it make for a fairly neat board handle I think.

Hawksley

fenekku-gitsune said:
Do you have tousled red hair and go to an elite prep school where all the students wear neckties and red sweaters?

I... no. Now I feel like I've disappointed someone. This thread sucks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom