• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain thy GA nickname!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

The Bookerman said:
booker1.jpg

BookHnd2.jpg

Soon to be Papa shango Jr.

Way to go, Vince. :(

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Mine is just a nickname from High School. My name is Brendan, one of the special needs kids in our school had the last name Brandonia, so some of my friends started calling me Brendonia. Stupid fuckin story but oh well, that's where it's from. I think it started around the same time Outkast came out with Stankonia, so that's a part of it too.

Takuan

Snippet taken directly from a Vagabond manga, without permission:

Takuan Soho (1573-1645)
A monk of the Rinzai sect of Zen BUddhism, by the time Takuan was 37, he was appointed abbot of the leading temple of the Rinzai sect, Daitokuji. Takuan was an important figure whose acute and brutally honest advice was sought by influential and powerful figures such as Emperor Go Mizuno and the shogun Tokugawa Iemitsu. His correspondence to Yagyu Munenori discussing Zen and swordsmanship entitlted THE UNFETTERED MIND has become an influential treatise in both the areas of philosophy and martial arts. The pickled daikon radish, takuan, also bears his name.

Also, I've been using the nick on IRC for a while.

belgurdo

Banned
It was going to be a character for a comic I wanted to do, but I'm lazy and I never drew it. I use this name everwhere because I don't like remembering new nicks.

pollo

Banned
pollo - suppose to be pollo diablo , throw back to MI3,

but my original name was talisayNon - meaning from talisay..

It's when Little Bill arrests English Bob and his writer, W.W. Beauchamp. Little Bill takes a book that Beauchamp wrote about English Bob that is titled the "Duke of Death," but Little Bill keeps calling it the "Duck of Death." It's a great scene :)

Duck of Death said:
It's when Little Bill arrests English Bob and his writer, W.W. Beauchamp. Little Bill takes a book that Beauchamp wrote about English Bob that is titled the "Duke of Death," but Little Bill keeps calling it the "Duck of Death." It's a great scene :)

Haha, I remember that now. I was trying to think of some actual "Duck of Death" character, lol ;)

Razoric

Banned
Got a new computer, wanted to go online and play my first online game ever... Quake. Was trying to think of a "cool" (lol) name so I was like hmmm

"razor" nah
"razorblade" nah
"razor...ic?" yeah!
"Razoric!" lol

The name kinda stuck with me and I even have a flash site with the same name. :p

Solar Angels
words and music by Glenn Tipton, Rob Halford, KK Downing

Golden halos radiating higher
Diamond visions softly breathing fire
Sky processions we are watching you arrive

Silver crystals arching beams below
What light spirals lifting up to go
Glass formations solar angels spread their wings

Spectral gliders drifting in the air
Wheels of wonder floating everywhere
Draped in rainbows gently we ascend

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
ted + entropy = tedtropy! Ah ha ha ha, yeah I don't care either...

Necroscope is the superhero in a series of novel written by Brian Lamley. Necroscope is the smartest and most powerful superhero ever IMHO.

Came up with this as my FreQ name for Frequency (PS2). Used to be Aahzmandius (kudos to those who know the origin) way back in 99 on the old old forum.

"Red" is one of my nicknames in real life and is from my name "Jared" and I also have redish hair. "Dolphin" comes from the code name for GameCube. I keep this nickname to remind me how long I've been wasting my life away on such forums :p

Error Macro said:
umk3ermac-1.gif

Ermac is short for Error Macro, which was an error (machine crash) that caused the first Mortal Kombat game to allow you to fight this super-secret red ninja before the game locked up.

Interesting stuff... arcade version? Any links?

crumbs

From the old Danger Mouse cartoon, his sidekick Pensfold would say "oh, crumbs" in frustration. Not sure if it's an "English" thing or unique to the show, but I occasionally say to avoid using blue language around my younger half sisters.

Solid

I want to post some pics of my nickname but I would probably get banned :(

Nah, it's from the Metal Gear Solid games ;)

Memles

Took my real name, took out a y, and added em. Friend did it back when I was about 10, for no reason whatsoever, and it stuck.

atomsk

Party Pooper
atomskcover.jpg

"I want you to spoil the secret of Atomsk."

"Atomsk?"

Coppermsith spelled it out, adding, "It's the Russian atomic center. We want them to know that we know all about it. We want them to guess as to how we know about it... For that, we need a man as a weapon."

"To go in, to get out, and after he was out, to leave traces?"

"Right."

no, i'm just kidding. i grabbed it from FLCL. =P

Ar_

Is a deep and involved story.
I like short names.
And the A and R letters.
But nicks must be least 3 chars.
I was lazy to think over a name.
Adding numbers is unoriginal.
The "-" is easy to reach on the keyboard!
But sounded so negative =(
So changed it to _
Short is good.
(Well not always).

One of the GA forum's anti-Nintendo trolls was really on a kick one day, and I thought "God, it's like Nintendo ate his children or something". Then the board crashed and I wanted a new username, so there it is.

Can't remember which troll is was. It wasn't Drinky Crow, this guy didn't have his style and panache. He just really, really had a bizarre OA style hatred for a video game company.

SD-Ness

The Smashing Pumpkins - Zero

I'm your lover, I'm your zero.
I'm in the face of your dreams of glass.
So save your prayers,
For when we're really gonna need'em;
Throw out your cares and fly.

Mashing

My nickname orignated from an online game I played called Subspace (some of you may have heard of it, it's called Continuum now). I was in a squad called Vegetables and we all had to have some form of a vegetable name. I choose Mashing Potatoes for my handle. This was about 4 years ago and I've stuck with it ever since, alternating between Mashing Potatoes, Mashing and MashingP. I've also lost count of the amount of people who've asked me if I'm a big Smashing Pumpkins fan... for obvious reasons.

explodet

Gaming forum, gaming nickname, and one that I pretty sure was untaken.

Haven't touched a Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest game in ages, though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just a name I decided on. I used it in Quake 3 first, it was workin for me so I started using it elsewhere.

I think atomsk needs to explain his avatar, haha.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not sure how I came up with mine.It's so original,it boggles my mind.

Desperado

Desperado.

Song/Album.

Eagles.

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow

Don't you draw the queen of diamonds boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet

Now it seems to me, some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones that you can't get

Desperado, oh, you ain't gettin' no younger
Your pain and your hunger, they're drivin' you home
And freedom, oh freedom well, that's just some people talkin'
Your prison is walking through this world all alone

Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine
It's hard to tell the night time from the day
You're losin' all your highs and lows
Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
Come down from your fences, open the gate
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you, let somebody love you
You better let somebody love you, before it's too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom