• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
I feel your pain.
Shareef
becomes Sheriff, Shiraffe, Shareena, Shaqeef, Shoffy (?!), Sasha... you name it. It's not even that hard.
If you're getting Sasha from someone who is Slavic, its just a common nickname for people with names that fit. Sasha, Pasha, Misha etc.

Tho I'm not exactly an expert in this. Just a general thing that I've observed

FloatOn

I used to get "seethe" pretty often. How Seth becomes that I have no idea but now that Seth is a bit more common people are better about pronouncing my name.

Jobbs

Banned
At least it wasn't Andrew. All Andrew's are douchebags.

I have no argument with Andrew unless he goes by "Drew" in which case I do.

Todd, Justin, Brayden, Jeremy, and (controversial one incoming) Chris, though? I have a problem

I used to get "seethe" pretty often. How Seth becomes that I have no idea but now that Seth is a bit more common people are better about pronouncing my name.

Seethe The Scaleless

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I know a lot of Christophers. The good generally go by that and the assholes by Chris. I call them Christ tho.

Haha my professor destroyed the entire class just now
No one answered her question about the reading and she goes "that's why a lot of you failed the exam" hhhhyfjyghjygh

Jobbs

Banned
I know a lot of Christophers. The good generally go by that and the assholes by Chris. I call them Christ tho.

I have long had a theory that most girls have a shitty friendzoned clingy asshole douchebag named Chris who never gives up

Yo Jobbs did you see that surface studio video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0&feature=youtu.be

as an artist I bet this would be pretty good for your work.

That looks really cool. Right now I use an intuos pro tablet (with the left 20% or so not working for some reason ). I'm very used to not looking at my hands while I draw and have never had any great desire to do the "draw on screen" stuff. Seems like my hand would get in the way. Maybe if I tried it more I'd grow to like it.

Bento and I can't escape the bed :<

it's known to happen :eek:

FloatOn

That looks really cool. Right now I use an intuos pro tablet (with the left 20% or so not working for some reason ). I'm very used to not looking at my hands while I draw and have never had any great desire to do the "draw on screen" stuff. Seems like my hand would get in the way. Maybe if I tried it more I'd grow to like it.

once those ghost song checks start coming in you'll have to pick one of these up. They only start at 3k.

I love the dial peripheral. The whole thing is so futuristic looking.

say hi to bento :D

5x8xefLwQaWQND3oZPvw_Simpsons%20Stare.gif

Xiao Hu

If you're getting Sasha from someone who is Slavic, its just a common nickname for people with names that fit. Sasha, Pasha, Misha etc.

Tho I'm not exactly an expert in this. Just a general thing that I've observed

I never understood why we shorten Alexander into Sasha in Russian :S
______

Btw, microeconomics poopy. Plus the organizational structure at my uni is poopy too. I want to have normal business administration classes again :(

FloatOn

I got my tuition reimbursement sorted. I should be getting a check soon :D

I may be using those funds to purchase a new vehicle

I've never friend zoned a Chris.

The worst thing people do to my name is spell it the normal way (Lily) like I should have.

This bed is so warm and soft.

Xiao Hu

I've never friend zoned a Chris.

The worst thing people do to my name is spell it the normal way (Lily) like I should have.

This bed is so warm and soft.

Hehe, now if only you would know how to spell my real real name....the mistakes I have witnessed in spelling and pronunciation are terrifying &#128557;

Foxix Von

I have long had a theory that most girls have a shitty friendzoned clingy asshole douchebag named Chris who never gives up
Maybe this is my dating problem. That's not my name but 70% of the time I introduce myself they mispronounce it and call me Chris or Christian.

Including my own grandmother.

*shudder*

So I'm betting that after that initial mistake/connection is made in the brain I immediate become their best gay friend even though I'm neither if those things. :(

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It's just something about the type of guy who takes a great strong name like Christopher and shortens it to the weak Chris.

Only exception is Chris Valentine

Jobbs

Banned
DICKS OUT

::summons jobbs::

for harambeee

I'm like yo
They took my bro Harambe
Like NO
Oh my god woah
You shot bae
"Harambe! Are you OK Harambe!?"
No he was dead
You took him too soon man he was so cool
He was the coolest gorilla up in his whole school
How dare you take away my gorilla my best friend
Yeah foreal man this hate has gotta end

for harambeee

I'm like yo
They took my bro Harambe
Like NO
Oh my god woah
You shot bae
No he was dead

Jobb's mixtape.mp3

for harambeee

I'm like yo
They took my bro Harambe
Like NO
Oh my god woah
You shot bae
No he was dead
Hahaha

You're too much, captain

Xiao Hu

for harambeee

I'm like yo
They took my bro Harambe
Like NO
Oh my god woah
You shot bae
No he was dead

Took me a while to notice that it rhymes &#128588;&#128588;&#128588;

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Going for dinner with this girl. She says she has a pretty friend that wants to come with and that I should bring a friend to meet her. She sends me a picture and she is drop dead gorgeous. I sent out a text too all my single guy friends and nobody is responding. I don't get it.

Xiao Hu

Going for dinner with this girl. She says she has a pretty friend that wants to come with and that I should bring a friend to meet her. She sends me a picture and she is drop dead gorgeous. I sent out a text too all my single guy friends and nobody is responding. I don't get it.

Perhaps I can make it in time

Foxix Von

I'm ready to book a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom