• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

I drank tons of the white Monster Energy drinks awhile back. I then found pre-workout.

Now I do neither. I'm laying in bed watching Flash. I want to bang my wife although she is currently bleeding profusely. This is annoying because she's laying in a way beside me where her ass is exposed and looking like a juicy canned ham.

I've said too much.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I think I figured out what bugs me about Uncharted so bad and why it is frequently the poster child for ludonarrative dissonance.

It as an ultra realistic art style, yet the physics and ballistics are just so incredibly wrong. It takes me out of the game constantly. It also irritates me that Nate can't even throw a fucking proper punch.

Foxix Von

I drank tons of the white Monster Energy drinks awhile back. I then found pre-workout.

Now I do neither. I'm laying in bed watching Flash. I want to bang my wife although she is currently bleeding profusely. This is annoying because she's laying in a way beside me where her ass is exposed and looking like a juicy canned ham.

I've said too much.

That's... uh... hmm.

AcridMeat

Banned
I played a little bit of Uncharted 3 and the animations between the jumps to him catching onto something always looks really jarring to me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I think I figured out what bugs me about Uncharted so bad and why it is frequently the poster child for ludonarrative dissonance.

It as an ultra realistic art style, yet the physics and ballistics are just so incredibly wrong. It takes me out of the game constantly. It also irritates me that Nate can't even throw a fucking proper punch.

That's what throws me off of the Uncharted, or rather Naughty Dog games. I love them, but when they get "actiony," they just jerk me out of whatever storytelling they are trying to do.

The Last of Us, especially.

Numb

giphy.gif

zeemumu

I always interpreted that as Nate being shitty. A lot of what he does outside of puzzle solving is accomplished by pure luck. But it happens so often that it comes off as skill. It's a contrast to Lara Croft who is usually more skill than luck.

And yeah the environment lock on can be jarring.

But at the end of the day it's an adventure series that I enjoy playing because I like the characters and mythical treasure hunts rooted in events scattered throughout history, not because I wanted to play a shooter that day.

And the main theme never gets old.

I only agree with Jeff Gertsmann on energy drinks.

I cant find the clip, but where he's talking about the quest to find full syrup Thai Red Bull cans is amazing.

What's your poison?

Mine's

rSRrC7z.gif

I remember working at a university bookstore and living off Monster and a croissant for breakfast everyday.

AT some point my body crashed for a week, I could barely move. it was TERRIBLE.
(I'm not sure that it had anything to do with it)
Luckily I recovered the day we flew out to Japan but holy hell, that made my final assessment hell to finish.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The running animations always bugged me in naughty dog games. Don't know if I'm seeing things tho

I like them a lot. They look appropriately heavy. Nate is a big, muscular dude so he has to pull lots of weight around. It makes sense.

Jobbs

Banned
AT some point my body crashed for a week, I could barely move. it was TERRIBLE.
(I'm not sure that it had anything to do with it)
Luckily I recovered the day we flew out to Japan but holy hell, that made my final assessment hell to finish.

Damn. Glad you made it Fengster.

Tonight I'm subsisting on banana bread and coffee. :) Getting some animation work in.

FUME5

I drink like 10 every weekend O_O am I going to die

No, but you could be putting yourself on the path to diabetes depending on how much sugar is in the rest of your diet. Not to mention blood pressure issues, which you certainly don't want if you're going to juice.

Just drink coffee, taurine hasn't been proven to do fuck all anyway, so it's just the caffeine and sugar kick you're getting.

FUME5

Ah yeah, vodka and redbull is a great way to dehydrate and put a lot of strain on your liver and kidneys.

Take it from a borderline alcoholic, you might want to find a new drink if you want that shit to still be functioning well 20 years from now.

I haven't tried that but I make a fucking mean Irish Coffee with freshly made whip cream and demerara sugar. <3
I'm going to be drinking all day today so I'll start with trying this
Ah yeah, vodka and redbull is a great way to dehydrate and put a lot of strain on your liver and kidneys
Yeah I've tried to get off them but once I get drunk I just start ordering them and downing them fast out of habit

FUME5

I'm going to be drinking all day today so I'll start with trying this

Yeah I've tried to get off them but once I get drunk I just start ordering them and downing them fast out of habit

Then all I can say is drink water like a motherfucker at all other times. I probably drink 4+ liters a day.

Then all I can say is drink water like a motherfucker at all other times. I probably drink 4+ liters a day.
I down water like crazy when I'm juicing and drinking. I really should drink a lot more water all the time in general.

Can't sleep, today just sucks already and it just started

I drink a lot of energy drinks (and zzzquil) but there's very little sugar in my diet otherwise. I also try to keep super hydrated all the time. I feel great :D

S3nd me your cans so I can get battlefield packs

what does this mean? I have a couple dozen of them and my brother plays Battlefield, so it sounds like he might get some utility from it.

FUME5

I drink a lot of energy drinks (and zzzquil) but there's very little sugar in my diet otherwise. I also try to keep super hydrated all the time. I feel great :D

what does this mean? I have a couple dozen of them and my brother plays Battlefield, so it sounds like he might get some utility from it.

I know you're pretty on top of your diet, but have you ever tracked it with Myfitnesspal or something like that?

I know you're pretty on top of your diet, but have you ever tracked it with Myfitnesspal or something like that?

Yeah, I actually have. It was definitely eye opening and helpful. Not that I was doing anything wrong on the regular, but it showed how easy it would be for me to veer off course and that was super useful. Thanks for the suggestion!

Damn. Glad you made it Fengster.

Tonight I'm subsisting on banana bread and coffee. :) Getting some animation work in.

At this point, I might actually put blue headphones and cat ears on my avatar and lean right into the Fengster name haha

Just got home and finally figured out a customisation thing that's been bugging me for months with the game.
But I'm not gonna get a chance to experiment too much today, at least until Monday :(

FUME5

Yeah, I actually have. It was definitely eye opening and helpful. Not that I was doing anything wrong on the regular, but it showed how easy it would be for me to veer off course and that was super useful. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, my diet wasn't too bad either, but just how much sugar was in those energy drinks really jumped out at me.

At this point, I might actually put blue headphones and cat ears on my avatar and lean right into the Fengster name haha

Why the fuck would you do that.

FUME5

Ty buddy

It sucks but nothing you can do about it

Got a few dead homeboys myself, I don't memorialize the dates, I just think good things about them every now and again.

You can get Mother sugar free, maybe other brands too.

Then you're just paying a premium price for caffeine, and like I said, taurine has yet to be proven to have any real effect on alertness, energy levels etc...

Whenever I read Fengster, I can't help but think of
Nobody wins.

Hmm. Fengski? Nah. The Shuister? Nah.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, my diet wasn't too bad either, but just how much sugar was in those energy drinks really jumped out at me.

Yeah, and I have to pay extra attention because of my slight build. Luckily cutting other sugars is super easy for me.

You can get Mother sugar free, maybe other brands too.

Sugar free energy drinks taste like ass or don't work, or both. It's not worth the trade-off.

Just got home and finally figured out a customisation thing that's been bugging me for months with the game.
But I'm not gonna get a chance to experiment too much today, at least until Monday :(

Ooh, any hints at what it is? I love character customization.

I saw a pair of cat ear headphones at brookstone* (pretty sure I'm getting the name wrong) and had to shake my head

My sister has those. They're alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom