• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I drink a lot of energy drinks (and zzzquil) but there's very little sugar in my diet otherwise. I also try to keep super hydrated all the time. I feel great :D

what does this mean? I have a couple dozen of them and my brother plays Battlefield, so it sounds like he might get some utility from it.
Battlefield branded cans have codes that get you crates with shit in them

DrM

Redmond's Baby
7 pm?

Hope it's nothing serious anyway.
Yep, that is the time, apparently they are doing scans from 8 am - 8 pm.

I really hope that they discover what is wrong with my knee, because it is not on the level since inflammation in August

FUME5

Yep, that is the time, apparently they are doing scans from 8 am - 8 pm.

I really hope that they discover what is wrong with my knee, because it is not on the level since inflammation in August

An MRI should definitely give you some answers.

The domicile/guardianship issue is mostly sorted out, but every day is a new laugh with him. The latest stunt is him deciding to go as Harambe for Halloween.

I saw that, like I said earlier in the thread, going to be the number one costume for shitlords this year.

Hmm. Fengski? Nah. The Shuister? Nah.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I saw a pair of cat ear headphones at brookstone* (pretty sure I'm getting the name wrong) and had to shake my head

Fengshuiarooney?

BwM8yO.gif

I'm just being a smartarse haha I actually like Fengster

Also, well wishes/condolences to you Josh

Ooh, any hints at what it is? I love character customization.

So the actual character customization I finished last night actually and is similar to Earthbound but a bit added on top where the equipment is Instrument, Top, Bottom, Accessory, Module (things like a wah pedal) instead of just Shirt, Weapon and Accessory. But the stuff I found is actually customization of the Music Store itself.
Think about the shop item placement in Recettear and that's kind of close.
Essentially at the start of each day, you'll be able to customize the entire store with posters, albums, instruments, accessories, etc, to attract different people to the store which opens up different character arcs that blend into the subconscious world.
And as the game progresses, different floors of the music store open up so you have to split your party to manage each floor to choose how you spend your time in the music store phase with each person/customer.
Basically, a simplified "level editor" but instead of the whole place, just different "sockets" in the store.

I can't wait to dig into it more after the weekend and tie it to the event system I already have in place.

I saw that, like I said earlier in the thread, going to be the number one costume for shitlords this year.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to do and it's at exactly the right amount of bad taste to make it tantalizing for immature dudes.

So the actual character customization I finished last night actually and is similar to Earthbound but a bit added on top where the equipment is Instrument, Top, Bottom, Accessory, Module (things like a wah pedal) instead of just Shirt, Weapon and Accessory. But the stuff I found is actually customization of the Music Store itself.
Think about the shop item placement in Recettear and that's kind of close.
Essentially at the start of each day, you'll be able to customize the entire store with posters, albums, instruments, accessories, etc, to attract different people to the store which opens up different character arcs that blend into the subconscious world.
And as the game progresses, different floors of the music store open up so you have to split your party to manage each floor to choose how you spend your time in the music store phase with each person/customer.
Basically, a simplified "level editor" but instead of the whole place, just different "sockets" in the store.

I can't wait to dig into it more after the weekend and tie it to the event system I already have in place.

Oh my god, that sounds amazing :D

I can't wait to see it in action.

Oh my god, that sounds amazing :D

I can't wait to see it in action.

Thanks <3

Funny thing is the the most complicated part is the map editor stuff itself.
There's a lot of stuff happening in the background but it's way less complex than I originally thought it was gonna be.

And (I know I've said this to you before) oh my god, Unreal makes so much more sense to me than Unity.

Zzzzzzzzzzz woke up randomly at 4 am and now I'm just here

I need to clean my room tomorrow and trade these systems to GameStop
$22 for a non game boy advance
$20 for game boy color
The $2-4 systems I've bought over the years are gone and I've got about 10 each &#128064;
If they take consoles without cords I'll trade my back up snes X n64s too

Jobbs

Banned
Thanks <3

Funny thing is the the most complicated part is the map editor stuff itself.
There's a lot of stuff happening in the background but it's way less complex than I originally thought it was gonna be.

And (I know I've said this to you before) oh my god, Unreal makes so much more sense to me than Unity.

Are you using UE4 now? How are blueprints? I watched some videos on them and they seemed to make a lot of sense.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
the ghosts of tinder past

I actually get like that with former classmates I haven't seen in years.

What really makes me paranoid is people saying I look like somebody they knew/have seen. It's like bruh don't feed my anxieties about doppelgangers, ok?

that is normal when dating somebody new
There is a chance that you will end up in the same place
what
I actually get like that with former classmates I haven't seen in years.

What really makes me paranoid is people saying I look like somebody they knew/have seen. It's like bruh don't feed my anxieties about doppelgangers, ok?
I hate when people say this. we don't look like the crappy people they hang out with!
You should have said hi and told him how you found a new boo.

lol he was never my boo plus the boo status of my current affair is still in question :D I just looked away

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have stayed with this avatar for too long. I guess Im keeping it as a permanent thing for most of the part.

That is a fucking great idea for an rpg hub Feng.

Feng, I want your shit.

Haha thanks guys. I wanna get y'all a demo when i get this all hooked into UE4

Are you using UE4 now? How are blueprints? I watched some videos on them and they seemed to make a lot of sense.

Yeah! just in the middle of porting everything across.
They're incredibly simple to use yet super extendable (through c++)

The biggest thing is being directly able to call them rather than them existing in the "level".

So say I want a list of known abilities, I would just create an object that stores data as a Base Ability and create new abilities inherited from them.
Which is the usual.
But i can reference those same objects within a data table of the characters under a Base Ability field instead of referencing via string.

Tiny things like that which make the process super smooth to just implement ideas.

I'll write up more of my thoughts later but yeah, I dont regret the switch one bit

Vazra

Haha thanks guys. I wanna get y'all a demo when i get this all hooked into UE4

Yeah! just in the middle of porting everything across.
They're incredibly simple to use yet super extendable (through c++)

The biggest thing is being directly able to call them rather than them existing in the "level".

So say I want a list of known abilities, I would just create an object that stores data as a Base Ability and create new abilities inherited from them.
Which is the usual.
But i can reference those same objects within a data table of the characters under a Base Ability field instead of referencing via string.

Tiny things like that which make the process super smooth to just implement ideas.

I'll write up more of my thoughts later but yeah, I dont regret the switch one bit
Don't forget me in the demo list XOXO

FloatOn

I'm going to try and write a 5 page paper for school at work today because fuck doing homewerk at home like a normal person.

edit - and thanks for the lewd instagram yesterday vaz I saw that shit :p

Vazra

I'm going to try and write a 5 page paper for school at work today because fuck doing homewerk at home like a normal person.

edit - and thanks for the lewd instagram yesterday vaz I saw that shit :p

Are you crazy about me?
tumblr_njkphcMNRd1tjydheo1_400.gif

Edit: I can send you lewder stuff privately btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom