• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

My now ex-wife made me watch several seasons of Big Bang theory. It was mildly amusing. Certainly nothing to get outraged about.

Misha

Banned
My now ex-wife made me watch several seasons of Big Bang theory. It was mildly amusing. Certainly nothing to get outraged about.
The only thing (off the top of my head) that actually bothers me about the show (rather than just being mediocre television) is how every character has to be paired off. He's not the greatest spokesperson but I was kinda hoping that Sheldon would be one of the few explicitly asexual main characters in media. Instead it's more like the typical "you don't know it yet, but deep down inside you're going to realize you actually want it".

I get that relationship drama is good for ratings tho. Can't realistically expect more from that kind of show

Had a dream that I crashed my car into a tree. Who puts a tree in the middle of the road? Ugh going to cost a lot

Big Bang Theory, grosssss

Misha

Banned
I get a bit annoyed when I see my friends planning stuff without me but then I realize that's kinda what I want.

marrec

Banned
I get a bit annoyed when I see my friends planning stuff without me but then I realize that's kinda what I want.

this is meeeeeeeeee

"Man, why haven't they invited me yet"

*they invite me*

"Man, I don't really wanna do that"

Misha

Banned
this is meeeeeeeeee

"Man, why haven't they invited me yet"

*they invite me*

"Man, I don't really wanna do that"
I mean I'd love to do the things (this time it's golf), just at some point I need to ditch them cause they won't be healthy for me going forward

It's just bad

The jokes aren't jokes

I don't give a fuck about whether the characters are realistic or caricatures or whatever

It's just painfully unfunny

I mean I'd love to do the things (this time it's golf), just at some point I need to ditch them cause they won't be healthy for me going forward

i would love to go golfing. i miss going out there, but am too lazy to go out on the course alone. what would make it unhealthy going forward for you btw?

marrec

Banned

I'm just an anti-social curmudgeon, why's you gotta ditch your friends tho?

It's just bad

The jokes aren't jokes

I don't give a fuck about whether the characters are realistic or caricatures or whatever

It's just painfully unfunny

Eh, some people find it funny, no need for anyone to get worked up in this day and age what with competition providing a plethora of comedy shows to watch elsewhere on your TV.

Fluvian

Banned
Oh wow, I finally decided to watch True Detective season 2, boy it's like they completely forgot what made the first season so refreshing.

I'm up to this point where they have this giant shootout in the middle of a street, I feel like I'm watching a mix of a generic cop show and game of thrones with all these ridiculous boringly shot moments of minor characters and civilians dying off, whilst the main characters couldn't be more cozy and at less risk.

Watching this honestly makes me sad.

Misha

Banned
i would love to go golfing. i miss going out there, but am too lazy to go out on the course alone. what would make it unhealthy going forward for you btw?
I'm just an anti-social curmudgeon, why's you gotta ditch your friends tho?

Ones a die hard libertarian, another is a creationist and generally a conservative Christian, another is a conservative talk radio sheep. They tend to have views that are detrimental to my health.

Ones a die hard libertarian, another is a creationist and generally a conservative Christian, another is a conservative talk radio sheep. They tend to have views that are detrimental to my health.

oh yikes. yeah.. i can see an exposure to that over time being awful D:

You picking up Gears?

Wasn't planning on it. Have only played the series briefly back in the day at a friend's place and didn't really take to it.

Plan to play the shit out of Horizon 3 when I emerge from the haze of the current Destiny addiction.

Currently being very average at Destiny.

Hop on board the struggle bus!

BBT seems to get all the extra hate here on Gaf because of butt-hurt nerds who feel ridiculed by the show.

I'm a nerd and I don't feel ridiculed— but I laugh at myself and other nerds all the time. I found it mildly amusing at the beginning but got tired of it and certainly haven't missed it since I stopped watching it.

woah flights to Alaska are super expensive :(
how do I get there for free?

Find the cheapest flight to North America and start walking? Took a friend of mine a summer to bike across Canada.

Wasn't planning on it. Have only played the series briefly back in the day at a friend's place and didn't really take to it.

Plan to play the shit out of Horizon 3 when I emerge from the haze of the current Destiny addiction.

Hop on board the struggle bus!

I'm a nerd and I don't feel ridiculed— but I laugh at myself and other nerds all the time. I found it mildly amusing at the beginning but got tired of it and certainly haven't missed it since I stopped watching it.

Find the cheapest flight to North America and start walking? Took a friend of mine a summer to bike across Canada.

oooor I need to find a job that pays me to go there!

It's kinda the same with me. My family is has vastly different views than me and I work for/with my Dad & uncle and get to hear it all the time. It's tiring and I always look forward to getting back to my place, alone, even though I love 'em :x

It's generally tolerable and "they aren't bad people" blah blah blah but with my family being similar I can't afford to put effort into educating everybody. I really need support somewhere in my life

Start a YouTube travel vlog
really they give you money to go somewhere you'd like to go to? :O
Isn't there a go fund me site for trips or something or am I way off
why would people i dont know fund me :O

Misha

Banned
It's kinda the same with me. My family is has vastly different views than me and I work for/with my Dad & uncle and get to hear it all the time. It's tiring and I always look forward to getting back to my place, alone, even though I love 'em :x
Only vaguely similar. I'm trans so it goes way beyond finding them annoying.
really they give you money to go somewhere you'd like to go to? :O
Kinda. Either you would make money on the resulting content or be able to be sponsored. You need to build up an audience first though.

Quirky and cute German girl is definitely a good hook for that tho

Only vaguely similar. I'm trans so it goes way beyond finding them annoying.

Kinda. Either you would make money on the resulting content or be able to be sponsored. You need to build up an audience first though.

Quirky and cute German girl is definitely a good hook for that tho
thats the problem, Id need to invest money fist and I dont have that :D

Fluvian

Banned
Has anyone seen girl on the train? if so is it worth watching, keeping in mind that I'm incredibly bored and will watch anything right nowEDIT: Nevermind, found a screening for don't breathe tonight, gonna go to that instead

Misha

Banned
I have a feeling that people sometimes underestimate the distances in Europe or even just in Germany.
I live 60 miles away from the next major city, 100 miles away from second nearest city, 350 from Philly, 400 from New York so I doubt it :p

Pau would take a bus between Pittsburgh and New York twice a weekend sometimes

Wait till you get to Alaska. It's that distance between villages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom