• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

I despise hair metal with the burning passion of a thousand suns

therefore, guns and roses and their ilk can fuck right off

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
That first Guns record is perfect. A very strong intersection of socal 80s metal and punk. Use your illusions combined can make a good album, but there is a lot of ballad fluff. Spaghetti and Democracy are trash though.

Ceallach

I despise hair metal with the burning passion of a thousand suns

therefore, guns and roses and their ilk can fuck right off
Guns aren't hair metal. They are the antithesis of that scene. Aside from the jungle video, where the director Frizzed Axls hair, they were much darker, heavier and more violent than the hair metal bands.

FloatOn

okay, I'm not the best at classifying labels. but whatever. most metal is terrible regardless of the subgenre. but in particular I hate those obnoxiously long guitar solos and wailing vocals.

I think I have got a place with this older woman who seemed nice but it doesn't come with internet and right now I'm like oidjgoidgjoremjguoirg

Ceallach

okay, I'm not the best at classifying labels. but whatever. most metal is terrible regardless of the subgenre. but in particular I hate those obnoxiously long guitar solos and wailing vocals.
I get if you don't personally like it but disregard the works of like Sabbath, Maiden, Slayer, Pantera, Deep Purple, Alice in Chains, etc is kind of ridiculous.

GnR, Iron Maiden, and Jim Croce were my go to bands growing up, I'm slightly biased when it comes to any of them.

And I may very well be one of the only people I know that likes Chinese Democracy.

FloatOn

I get if you don't personally like it but disregard the works of like Sabbath, Maiden, Slayer, Pantera, Deep Purple, Alice in Chains, etc is kind of ridiculous.

Objectively I can see how people might enjoy them and I appreciate their place in musical history but I can't relate to that stuff at all. That aggressive tough guy posturing is just really off putting to me.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Phil is trying really hard not to bounce around on stage. It's hilarious. Everyone else is kinda just standing there and he's moving around like a madman.

Misha

Banned
I emailed my boss a couple days ago asking what he wanted me to do next. No response. Guess I do nothing then?

I can probably find him in person and if that fails there's other people I can help out so I'm not actually going to be doing nothing

I can understand why people would think that.

Right now you're being the aggressive tough guy though. You're trying to impose a standard on what music should or should not be, which is exactly the aggressiveness you're pretending to dislike.

Classic metal is awesome. Now I kinda want to go play Brutal Legend :O

FloatOn

Right now you're being the aggressive tough guy though. You're trying to impose a standard on what music should or should not be, which is exactly the aggressiveness you're pretending to dislike.

Classic metal is awesome. Now I kinda want to go play Brutal Legend :O

I'm just stating my personal preference. People are free to like what they like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and btw, I loved brutal legend. even the much criticized RTS segments

I'm just stating my personal preference. People are free to like what they like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and btw, I loved brutal legend. even the much criticized RTS segments

okay :)

yeah, I can understand how it would be disappointing if you went in expecting a Zelda clone, but I thought the theme of the roadie controlling the different band assets was solid. The difficulty curve is understandably an issue too, especially since the game jumps in difficulty after a mission that's actually impossible to beat (when you have to wait for the fire baron to show up), but I think it's preferable to have some difficult missions than none considering a significant portion of the game had to be cut out.

If Double Fine ever revisits the game, I think I might prefer that they redid it with somewhat better graphics and the rest of the campaign fleshed out instead of starting over whole cloth with a sequel. But I'm sure either way it's a pipe dream, especially with the various troubles that the Psychonauts sequel is having (namely... lots of minor investors backing out), and how expensive licensing all that music is.

The energy at metal concerts is pretty much unmatched. Most of the best shows I've been to have been metal. Speaking of, I'm going to see Ghost on Saturday!! I just remembered that hell yeah

FloatOn

I like animals as leaders :D

okay :)

yeah, I can understand how it would be disappointing if you went in expecting a Zelda clone, but I thought the theme of the roadie controlling the different band assets was solid. The difficulty curve is understandably an issue too, especially since the game jumps in difficulty after a mission that's actually impossible to beat (when you have to wait for the fire baron to show up), but I think it's preferable to have some difficult missions than none considering a significant portion of the game had to be cut out.

If Double Fine ever revisits the game, I think I might prefer that they redid it with somewhat better graphics and the rest of the campaign fleshed out instead of starting over whole cloth with a sequel. But I'm sure either way it's a pipe dream, especially with the various troubles that the Psychonauts sequel is having (namely... lots of minor investors backing out), and how expensive licensing all that music is.

yeah, as much as I would like to see a sequel I don't see it happening either. because as you say the music is expensive, plus getting jack black back and correct me if I'm wrong, most games that get sequels are generally received as something other than just okay.

as much as I would like to see double fine get some bigger projects I like the approach they are having now with putting out several smaller more experimental games.

yeah, as much as I would like to see a sequel I don't see it happening either. because as you say the music is expensive, plus getting jack black back and correct me if I'm wrong, most games that get sequels are generally received as something other than just okay.

as much as I would like to see double fine get some bigger projects I like the approach they are having now with putting out several smaller more experimental games.

Jack Black was in Broken Age and one of the Psychonauts 2 videos, so I doubt they'd have a problem getting him involved again.

There are a fair few lauded sequels. I think Crash Bandicoot 2 is the best one, and a lot of people still like Uncharted 2 the most (or did before 4). Costume Quest 2 is markedly better than the first one.

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

I saw the xx at bonnaroo and it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Wish I could find a full recording of it...

FloatOn

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

I saw the xx at bonnaroo and it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Wish I could find a full recording of it...

Hans Zimmer

and then a toss up between....

Iron and Wine
Anamanguchi
Peelander Z
Bad Religion (the first time)
Matt Sharp (acoustic set)
Anathallo
CHVRCHES

Hans Zimmer

and then a toss up between....

Iron and Wine
Anamanguchi
Peelander Z
Bad Religion (the first time)
Matt Sharp (acoustic set)
Anathallo
CHVRCHES

Nice! CHVRCHES put on a good show. What tour did you see anamanaguchi? I'm jelly.

I forgot I saw The Tallest Man on Earth too. That set gave me chills, so good.

FloatOn

Nice! CHVRCHES put on a good show. What tour did you see anamanaguchi? I'm jelly.

I forgot I saw The Tallest Man on Earth too. That set gave me chills, so good.

I forgot to mention the appleseed cast but that memory is tainted by my ex!

I saw them last year on 3/30 - the eternal pizza party tour

Jobbs

Banned
she's old and it would cost more for me too :S she's leeching off her neighbor right now, maybe I can get in on that?

yeah if there's wireless floating over from the neighbor maybe you can get in on it :x

that way you can keep your gaming non stop breehhhh. ;) extreme hateful boyfriend gaming brehhh

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
And to think, Lucian Cat is probably getting laid *right now*.

We did it guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom