• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I just ran five miles in 40 minutes and I feel fine
just kidding I'm shaking
but I can't seem to stay awake for a movie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm having a great time with both Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare, this has been quite the year for FPS's.

I'm a monogamous gamer. still working on gears 4 and dark souls 3 with an eye on don't starve. Actually that's not monogamy. But it's something.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'd buy a console to join you Fume5 but I am still getting over how shit Halo 4 and MW3 and I need more time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sorry to hear that EC. Hope they can figure out the right path.

Regardless, I'm sure that he appreciates your loyalty. Far too many people bail on their friends with mental health issues.

This is always hard to deal with. At least it sounds like you're being as good of a friend as you can be, and like there's hope for them to get better.

He's impressively intelligent, more than he gives himself credit for, and is thankfully not someone who doesn't lack an introspective wisdom to recognise he's in dire need of life adjustment. Unfortunately this isn't the first time we've gone down this road with him, but this is the worst. He has the support networks through myself and other friends, but as with all barriers the onus is ultimately on him to seek and utilise the assistance available. Confronting and committing to that is his major barrier.

What drug? Meth? I hear meth is pretty great.

Combination of a lot of things, namely alcohol, cocaine, and MDMA.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just want to say, EC, that you have beautiful prose. Even your everyday posts are written like excerpts from a novel. I can always tell it's you even if I'm scrolling up and haven't seen your name/avatar yet.

Sorry for the weird compliment, lol.

I'm tempted to get BF1, because I enjoyed Battlefront, but I am absolutely awful at FPS multiplayer. Probably going to wait for a sale. Definitely going to wait for IW to go down to experience the campaign (which looks refreshing for a CoD game).

jb1234

I just want to say, EC, that you have beautiful prose. Even your everyday posts are written like excerpts from a novel. I can always tell it's you even if I'm scrolling up and haven't seen your name/avatar yet.

I always like it when he's giving impressions of a movie or a game. I know it'll be something insightful.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
sapPavu.jpg

This picture is extremely comforting.

FUME5

I just ran five miles in 40 minutes and I feel fine
just kidding I'm shaking
but I can't seem to stay awake for a movie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a monogamous gamer. still working on gears 4 and dark souls 3 with an eye on don't starve. Actually that's not monogamy. But it's something.

I love all my children equally.

I'd buy a console to join you Fume5 but I am still getting over how shit Halo 4 and MW3 and I need more time.

Take all the time you need spicy hombre, or whatever your wallet says.

I want to get Titanfall 2 but I've spent too much on gaming lately. Plus Overwatch is still my go to shooter. It looks like a blast to play, love crazy movement mechanics like the grappling hook

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
11705ddc9f8a6586ce5489d13e0fbd85.jpg

I am so rich I bought a child's painting on ebay for $0.05 on a whim.

So, now that my summer/fall truck is stashed away for the winter, I have come to discover that my winter/spring truck is fucking hashed. So now I have a dilemma. Buy another truck for winter/spring, or find a nice 6 speed wrangler to tear up the snow with?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I always like it when he's giving impressions of a movie or a game. I know it'll be something insightful.

Haha, thanks guys :). I feel most of the time I write like a dingus so it's nice to hear the opposite.

Does he realize he is an addict? That can be a hard realization, lots of mental gymnastics to keep saying you're not.

He does, and that's the silver lining. I've described him to others as the opposite of the quintessential manipulative addict who fails to realise or admit their addictions, which itself becomes the struggle. He's well aware he has a problem, an ongoing one that has escalated. He's a binge addict. He'll go a fortnight of normality; sobriety, work, maybe a beer or two with friends over a movie night or dinner, nothing abnormal. But once a heavy party triggers and his addiction gains momentum he'll push himself for several days of alcohol and narcotic indulgence at the expense of any logic and rational towards commitments and health. He's guaranteed lost his job because of the latest bender. And the aftermath of every binge is sinking depression as his mental issues are compounded by withdrawals and severely depleted serotonin. In these situations it's up to his friendship circle to keep him off the booze, as he regresses back to substance abuse as a means of coping with his issues.

That's the heart of it, really. There are underlining issues pertaining to anxiety, depression, self worth, social confidence, and probably a whole bunch of other things. He's an intelligent person, charming and friendly, but his only coping mechanism for the aforementioned problems is to envelop himself in chemicals. And it's gone on long enough, with the latest escalation, to really highlight as a very serious problem that if unaddressed will either ostracise him from his friends who'll eventually grow exhausted of the baggage after countless attempts at rehabilitation and reluctantly let him go, or he'll kill himself one way or the other.

Man, someone needs to tell that guy how the liver works.

I pity the day someone has to look at it because...yeah.

Yeah. Using drugs and booze as a coping mechanism will eventually catch up with you hard. Been there and it sucks. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you realize that you need help and trying to deal with it yourself just wont work. Its times like that where having good friends and family will prove to be invaluable.

Jobbs and Trab are the two characters in a sitcom who by the end of the first season are known as "those characters" and you eagerly await a "Jobbs and Trab episode".

Has anyone played Owlboy yet? *leers at Jobbs* The art style is fucking amazing. I just wish switching between characters you carry wasn't so unintuitive, especially if you are near objects that you want to pick up.

Also, forgive me for being somewhat irrational, but what is the consensus on deleting your social media presence or at least, not expanding on it? I'm weighing my options.

SolVanderlyn

Friends: "This has been the most divisive election ever"

Me: First of all, you're not even 30, so you've barely been able to process elections until recently. Second of all, our glorious founding fathers literally dueled to the death over disagreements. With guns. Fatally. Candidates can throw shade at each other all they want, but at least they aren't trading bullets.

113.jpg

This is a weird post. Sleep deprivation may be getting to me

Friends: "This has been the most divisive election ever"

Me: First of all, you're not even 30, so you've barely been able to process elections until recently. Second of all, our glorious founding fathers literally dueled to the death over disagreements. With guns. Fatally. Candidates can throw shade at each other all they want, but at least they aren't trading bullets.

113.jpg

This is a weird post. Sleep deprivation may be getting to me

Good post btw

Foxix Von

Decided to give tinder another shot even though I know I won't get anywhere. I didn't have enough interesting pictures to fill it out so... I just posted a picture of my Rick Astley cassette box.

Wtf am I doing with my life.

FloatOn

I've been in a special level of hell all night. Somehow I seriously messed up my shoulder and so sleep has been sporadic at best. It's just now starting to feel better but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Point being, don't ever mess up your shoulders boys and girls.

jb1234

I've been in a special level of hell all night. Somehow I seriously messed up my shoulder and so sleep has been sporadic at best. It's just now starting to feel better but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Point being, don't ever mess up your shoulders boys and girls.

Yeah, it's harder than hell to fall asleep when you're in pain. I take large doses of trazodone now or it just doesn't happen.

So I went to see Doctor Strange today and my friend was like "by the way I'm bringing this girl she's totally gay act cool" and I was all "wat ok" so we go and I didn't get to talk to her much but apparently I made a good impression and she wants to see me again.

I woke up at 1:00 AM and never got back to sleep😢 😢

God, it took me half an hour to get out of bed because I just kept thinking on how things could get fucked up and how this apartment still hasn't contacted me yet, even though it's been two weeks since I dropped off the packet.

I miss having a job 😣

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Oh god, making breakfast and my kid asks why mommy and her friend were so noisy last night. Oh god I was sure she was passed out.
200w.gif

It was a rather enjoyable janitorial job.

The boss opened the door, I came in and dealt with whatever was left over from last night. It was my first minimum wage job since I got on disability. It was great and then I got complancent and then other things distracted me and had to quit because I couldn't deal with the situation at hand.

Fuck my awful autism ravaged brain

I need a guy like this
aERRpVp_460s.jpg

edit: there was this guy I knew I rediscovered on tinder (not the guy I talked about yesterday). we were friends back in the day and I agreed to hang out sometime again but everytime he messages me he's calling me "darling" or "sweetie" ...

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I need a guy like this
aERRpVp_460s.jpg

edit: there was this guy I knew I rediscovered on tinder (not the guy I talked about yesterday). we were friends back in the day and I agreed to hang out sometime again but everytime he messages me he's calling me "darling" or "sweetie" ...

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

Yeah, fuck that belittling nonsense.

FloatOn

I feel really weird about using cutesy names and being overly affectionate in public. I don't think most people want to be around that kind of behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom