• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen Alien(s).

I fell asleep in Prometheus though, and I've played parts of some of the Metroid games, and Ripley had a cameo in James Cameron's Avatar, so I feel a lot like I've seen it.

FUME5

yes and yes. both movies are wonderfully amazing treasures

the ending of T1 <33
a storm is coming :OOOO

Sometimes you have great taste cutie pie.

And I actually prefer Aliens to Alien by a long shot.

EDIT

I'm going to suggest that you check them out Lili, they are both far, far superior to Prometheus.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nothing wrong with that.

It's amazing though just how influential those two movies have been for video games.
Would you believe they inspired this game?

Alien_Isolation.jpg

200_s.gif

FUME5

Do you have an opening tomorrow evening? I have a couple of canker sores that might need to be looked at.

Dr babycakes creates openings, but the only prescription he is able to prescribe is more luvin'.

Unsure how effective a treatment for canker sores that is.

Hmmm, I give you (and only you) permission to call me Dr babycakes, not Mr or master, Dr.

Shameful.
Okay professor childpie &#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#127802;&#127802;&#127802;&#128139;&#128139;&#128139;

Also prometheus doesn't compare to Alien

Prometheus was a good concept wrapped in self-indulgent bullshit.

They fucked over the first writer, back when the film still was under the Aliens monkier.

Alien had the most goddamn amazing droid of the franchise.

I love that Bishop's knife trick in Aliens was actually improv. Bill Paxton's fear is actual fear.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Oh saw Dr. Strange with the woman and babies. It was really good. Marvel has such a leg up on DC at this point. Their movies are just so much more charming and full-on character. They make it much easier to forgive the flaws. I have high hopes for Wonder Woman tho, it looks so good

Jobbs

Banned
Oh saw Dr. Strange with the woman and babies. It was really good. Marvel has such a leg up on DC at this point. Their movies are just so much more charming and full-on character. They make it much easier to forgive the flaws. I have high hopes for Wonder Woman tho, it looks so good

Marvel movies: Human actors turn into weightless CG cartoons and fly around on screen doing things I don't care about and have been given no reason to care about -- and often (civil snore) the motivations and logic behind everything that happens is so stupid that it shatters my ability to even believe the movie exists much less that the characters exist

Xiao Hu

Ok, had to have a serious talk with a good friend of mine about homoerotic stuff. Basically we agreed to tone down the rather gay sounding mutual remarks because my sexual background makes me feel weird/ambiguous about it. Now my head is hot and I feel a little bit noxious but I'm glad we made things clear.

I watched alien and aliens back to back last month. I enjoyed alien way more because it was a tense thriller that I was looking for. Aliens is cool because you get to see Ripley take her revenge and has some iconic moments and line, but still weaker overall. Plus alien has Ripley's butt.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ok, had to have a serious talk with a good friend of mine about homoerotic stuff. Basically we agreed to tone down the rather gay sounding mutual remarks because my sexual background makes me feel weird/ambiguous about it. Now my head is hot and I feel a little bit noxious but I'm glad we made things clear.
Which head tho?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So we got this new guy in at work. He's kind of a big deal. Maybe you've heard of him.
6dBoV
I've seen broken image man many a time.

FloatOn

Marvel movies: Human actors turn into weightless CG cartoons and fly around on screen doing things I don't care about and have been given no reason to care about -- and often (civil snore) the motivations and logic behind everything that happens is so stupid that it shatters my ability to even believe the movie exists much less that the characters exist

I don't need movies about comic book heroes to be believable or even have motivations I care about. All I need in these movies is to be entertained and Marvel delivers exactly that.

The only time grounded super heroes worked was when we had Chris Nolan directing. Since that isn't happening again I've resigned to sit back and enjoy the ride.

So we got this new guy in at work. He's kind of a big deal. Maybe you've heard of him.
6dBoV

Do you get an advanced screening of Moana?

I don't need movies about comic book heroes to be believable or even have motivations I care about. All I need in these movies is to be entertained and Marvel delivers exactly that.

The only time grounded super heroes worked was when we had Chris Nolan directing. Since that isn't happening again I've resigned to sit back and enjoy the ride.

It's not about being grounded. It's about being interesting.

Jobbs

Banned

I literally fell asleep during Dr. Weirdo

Jobbs

Banned
It boggles my mind that you can enjoy a game like gears 4 in the same way I like dumb marvel movies but can't apply that same logic to marvel movies yourself.

Dumb escapism doesn't have to mean pointless and unengaging and boring. I think the Marvel movies are almost uniformly dull and terrible.. But because of the money they make and the RT scores it seems apparent lots of people disagree with me, and that's fine. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom