• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Banned
Cranky's firstborn son, the true heir to the Kong dynasty, abandoned his inheritance upon realizing that his family had terrorized the streets of Brooklyn years before. Forever thereafter, he knew no royal burdens; only the freedom to chase the most radical of waves.

this Funky lore is too deep for me

Clydefrog

EYZ7YDq.jpg

Man, you almost had me. I was captivated and then it turned to politics and I stopped caring.

Lmao

It's such a non-sequitur, I have no idea how the analogy is supposed to make sense. Like, fair enough if you think third party voting is bad, I don't necessarily agree, but trying to argue that it's like that time you helped a guy cheat on a load of different people? What?

jb1234

My friend Bob just told me they don't have cookies and cream ice cream in Germany. I nearly had a stroke. What is this travesty?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
lmao, wtf? That non-sequiter is unintentionally hilarious. It's almost like a parody of political analogies. Trump is a racist.

jb1234

I was offering a direct replacement for Funky's error. It wasn't at the beginning of the sentence. Plus I was in the middle of running FIVE MILES

While I'm loathe to hug someone who is as sweaty as you likely are after running five miles, I feel I should offer one anyway. Because I like hugs.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't know how you guys work out and post at the same time. Also, Jobbs, you run faster than I do. It takes me 50 mins or so to run 5 miles.

Jobbs

Banned
While I'm loathe to hug someone who is as sweaty as you likely are after running five miles, I feel I should offer one anyway. Because I like hugs.

I'm really gross right now but if you insist!

I don't know how you guys work out and post at the same time. Also, Jobbs, you run faster than I do. It takes me 50 mins or so to run 5 miles.

I only get any better if I try to push it. I've been running most the year -- I was running great distances typically getting bored before getting tired so I decided to start tracking my speed and see how I can push things. An 8 minute mile was initially really hard, and then it got easier, and now the first one or two are pretty easy but 5 almost kills me... Aka I'm almost dead right now. My arms and legs are tingling.

Misha

Banned
Jobbs how do you feel about tron legacy? Also kingdom hearts?

This is essential information that totally couldn't wait till I was sure you'd see it

Jobbs

Banned
Jobbs how do you feel about tron legacy? Also kingdom hearts?

This is essential information that totally couldn't wait till I was sure you'd see it

I've never seen Tron Legacy but I really dislike the aesthetic and idea of Tron in general.

Kingdom Hearts I have no strong opinion on. I guess it's weird/neat that Disney cartoons ended up crossed over with Final Fantasy anime people. I've never played the games.

Misha

Banned
I've never seen Tron Legacy but I really dislike the aesthetic and idea of Tron in general.

Kingdom Hearts I have no strong opinion on. I guess it's weird/neat that Disney cartoons ended up crossed over with Final Fantasy anime people. I've never played the games.
That doesn't quite give me the information that I wanted to know but still interesting

Xiao Hu

Is there actually anything that you like?
Like me 😊?

Misha

Banned
maybe if you told me what you were looking for I could help :)
Oh just though you wouldn't like how either told their stories. Doesn't really help if you haven't seen them and already have things influencing you anyway

Personally I think most people have some sort of consistency of their tastes and I was curious if I understood yours

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Quorra was special though, there's something endearing about her appreciation of life. She was a more interesting character in Tron Uprising than Tron Legacy sadly.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh just though you wouldn't like how either told their stories. Doesn't really help if you haven't seen them and already have things influencing you anyway

Personally I think most people have some sort of consistency of their tastes and I was curious if I understood yours

Action is boring unless there are stakes involved and I'm invested in the outcome. Also I hate when stories start with the ending or something that happens later and then most the movie is a flashback leading up to that. That can bite me.

Also I hate anything taking place not in the real world within the movie. So -- VR, dreams, anything like that I really can't stand. I hate The Matrix.

I just hate how people can say a movie is shitty but years later love it
That's what happened with Tron Legacy X the terrible box office means it's dead now
Daft Punk died for nothing :(

Unleash Kraft Punk

Xiao Hu

a dude just offered me to bring his white doctor's coat to the date to "heat things up" lol

If it's not Patrick then say no.

Kawaii girl got her Christmas present from me today (that was fast!). She was really happy and so am I. Now I hope my other friends in Shanghai don't have to wait that long for their stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom