• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm awake and the consequences of too much wine are beating incessantly in my head

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More wine is the only answer.
At 7 in the morning, while tempting, I'm gonna have to pass.

I think my tolerance for tequila has gone way down because whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yeah, I also don't drink nearly as much these days, and tolerance does go down if you're not used to it.

SolVanderlyn

14956028_361264517556953_7355836260212758855_n.png

U0baraE.jpg

Misha

Banned
I need to get better at finding a place between "everything is going to be okay....." and "I don't see a future going forward"

Rationalization just seems to lead to complacency. It might be better than serious depression and panicking but I need to confront the discomfort to take initiative. Might call up my old therapist

Good word. Thanks

I can appreciate not wanting to get involved in drama, and I can appreciate concern about being a rebound (from your posts she seems interested in you!), but avoiding a relationship because you might break up a marriage that exists on paper only (and both parties know this) seems like holding back for the wrong reasons. It would be different if you had any reason to believe the ex-husband didn't know he was an ex-husband yet.

It's your heart, of course.

I need to get better at finding a place between "everything is going to be okay....." and "I don't see a future going forward"

Rationalization just seems to lead to complacency.[...]

You can only do what you can do. If you have time & energy then use that, if instead you have money, use that; if you don't have any of those things simple clicktivism is better than nothing. Destroying yourself for the greater good is noble and all, but if your sacrifice won't change anything just survive. 

I don't see the issue here. Sounds more flattering than clingy.

Seems weird unless he's the high priest of textiles.

Misha

Banned
You can only do what you can do. If you have time & energy then use that, if instead you have money, use that; if you don't have any of those things simple clicktivism is better than nothing. Destroying yourself for the greater good is noble and all, but if your sacrifice won't change anything just survive. 
Sadly I wasn't even talking about that, just how I need to deal with things personally.
Tho that does branch out to me feeling responsible to educate my family. I'm really afraid of it tho. Especially now. Feels like it's too late

Sadly I wasn't even talking about that, just how I need to deal with things personally.

Oh. So rationalizing which way would lead to complacency in regards to mental health, or ...?

Tho that does branch out to me feeling responsible to educate my family. I'm really afraid of it tho. Especially now. Feels like it's too late

I think just asking (pointed) questions over time is the best way of making them change their world view slowly. Directly challenging beliefs usually results in those beliefs being further entrenched.

FloatOn

Im probably getting banned so later or whatever depending what comes my way.

what happened?

I can appreciate not wanting to get involved in drama, and I can appreciate concern about being a rebound (from your posts she seems interested in you!), but avoiding a relationship because you might break up a marriage that exists on paper only (and both parties know this) seems like holding back for the wrong reasons. It would be different if you had any reason to believe the ex-husband didn't know he was an ex-husband yet.

Yeah. From everything she tells me this guy she is married to is a complete and utter asshole. The thing that complicates things right now, and I'm slowly beginning to understand the depths of the whole situation is that she has also taken on the role of step-mom to the kid this guy had before she met him. She truly loves this child and she tells me she can't wrap her head around not being in the kid's life. Which to me, speaks so much of her character... all I can do is be there for her right now and respect whatever decision that she makes.

I had the Bush one when I was a kid. I would be NJP'd for wearing that one though, lol.

not sure what that stands for but it sucks that your job has so much control on even what you decide to wear :(

Misha

Banned
Oh. So rationalizing which way would lead to complacency in regards to mental health, or ...?
Job, housing, health etc. maybe with Obama good enough would be good enough but the extra variables to deal with makes me concerned that I might not have enough of a buffer and I certainly have no support.

I think just asking (pointed) questions over time is the best way of making them change their world view slowly. Directly challenging beliefs usually results in those beliefs being further entrenched.
I have been. Issue is we get to things like black lives matters and it's like

Me: "Statistics show that cops target African Americans more often"
My mom: "So it's racial profiling. Makes sense. If they're more likely to commit crimes they should be more heavily policed"

I just don't know how to answer that if they think those kinds of things are okay. I tried to explain that it leads to a self perpetuating cycle but it just ended with her telling me that they should be responsible for breaking out of the cycle, after all our family were poor immigrants once but we made it in the end

Phone interview went well! Was a basic check just talking about my experience and what I'm looking for. Next a technical skype interview, yikes

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
NJP is Non Judicial Punishment

And you gotta remember I will work for Trump, he will be the top of my chain of command.

Xiao Hu

NJP is Non Judicial Punishment

And you gotta remember I will work for Trump, he will be the top of my chain of command.

So there is nothing to complain. You as a member of the Church of Satan always wanted to serve the devil, didn't you? :)
/s of course. I feel for both of you, Holly and Em. Stay strong! <3

Me: "Statistics show that cops target African Americans more often"
My mom: "So it's racial profiling. Makes sense. If they're more likely to commit crimes they should be more heavily policed"

"Are they more likely to commit crimes or are simply more likely to be caught given the increased scrutiny or more likely to be convicted due to proven racial bias in juries?"

Also, you aren't going to get a positive result immediately following such a question; the question just has to stew. It feels a lot like giving up and losing arguments in the short term.

I poop a lot when I'm anxious. Not sure where it all comes from

Do you also eat a lot when you're anxious? Or at least more fibre-filled things?

Misha

Banned
"Are they more likely to commit crimes or are simply more likely to be caught given the increased scrutiny or more likely to be convicted due to proven racial bias in juries?"

Also, you aren't going to get a positive result immediately following such a question; the question just has to stew. It feels a lot like giving up and losing arguments in the short term.
That's true. It's just hard to be okay with losing and it's harder to hear someone you care about see it that way
Do you also eat a lot when you're anxious? Or at least more fibre-filled things?
Sometimes more sometimes less. Not very consistent but the pooping is pretty consistent

Foxix Von

Omg omg omg. I just got my dream apartment &#128525;

950 all utilities included with cable and internet. Heated bathroom floors, heat on demand water, washer/dryer. I'm gonna die. Bedroom closet is large enough to be an office! &#128525;&#128525;&#128525;

Just working out employment verification.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

950 all utilities included with cable and internet. Heated bathroom floors, heat on demand water, washer/dryer. I'm gonna die. Bedroom closet is large enough to be an office! &#128525;&#128525;&#128525;

When do I move in?

MutFox

Banned

Rationalization just seems to lead to complacency. It might be better than serious depression and panicking but I need to confront the discomfort to take initiative. Might call up my old therapist

As individuals, it's hard to do much.
Not everything will be ok, but many things will be fine.

Also, 4 years will pass by quick, just hope that it's just 4 and not 8.

I worry most about climate change though. :/
Pretty much internal cry about it.

Congrats, my dude.

congrats! I wish I had that kind of luck :(

Misha

Banned
As individuals, it's hard to do much.
Not everything will be ok, but many things will be fine.

Also, 4 years will pass by quick, just hope that it's just 4 and not 8.

I worry most about climate change though. :/
Pretty much internal cry about it.
As much as I dislike trump I definitely don't think he's quite at the level of his rhetoric so the world will keep turning. Most of the stuff he wants is stuff we had before progress so it's not like people hadn't sat through it but they weren't exactly things that were great to sit through. Hey at least we can relive the 90s after he's done and then by the time we're nostalgic about now we'll be back to where we currently are

I pretty much gave up on climate change outside of potentially people like Elon musk making it too economically friendly to not have greener tech
congrats! I wish I had that kind of luck :(
Same (on the congrats too :p). In my most recent development I found out that the person who I was considering rooming with is broke so I need to confront them with that...

I poop a lot when I'm anxious. Not sure where it all comes from

The fight or flight mechanism wants your body to lose weight in case you need to run. Basically the same reason you piss yourself when you're startled.

Is your new avatar a reflection of the fact that you aren't an attractive woman posting on GAF?

It's a reflection of not feeling as manic as the previous avatar implied

Jobbs

Banned
Talking to my 11 year old niece about the election. She's so much smarter than her Trump supporting mother and stepfather. I love her.

I haven't seen my nieces in a long time. A long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom