• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
CjOvyT1XIAESQ7E.jpg

take your pick

Talking to my 11 year old niece about the election. She's so much smarter than her Trump supporting mother and stepfather. I love her.

I haven't seen my nieces in a long time. A long time.

Eleven year olds don't know much about big issues. Just because she's currently parroting the right people doesn't mean she's politically savvy :p

I kept thinking you were Media for a bit whenever I saw your previous avy.
Oh that's funny. It wasn't the intention nor reason for abandoning the picture, but it makes sense.

FloatOn

You can't be her knight in shining armor. I really think you are gonna get burned on this if you keep going down that path.

She is a capable and intelligent person. She is capable of saving herself from whatever shit she has going on. I'm just trying to be a good friend.

Jobbs

Banned
Eleven year olds don't know much about big issues. Just because she's currently parroting the right people doesn't mean she's politically savvy :p

She can tell when someone is an asshole... If she had no autonomy at all she would just be parroting the opinion she hears the most and she isn't. :p

She can tell when someone is an asshole... If she had no autonomy at all she would just be parroting the opinion she hears the most and she isn't. :p
Having autonomy and having experience are pretty different things. Plus a large swath of fiction lionizes assholes who get the job done. Politicians are about policy. Otherwise they would just be personalities. ¯_(ツ)_ /¯

Jobbs

Banned
Having autonomy and having experience are pretty different things. Plus a large swath of fiction lionizes assholes who get the job done. Politicians are about policy. Otherwise they would just be personalities. ¯_(ツ)_ /¯

I'm biased and I just love my nieces so I'm capable of suspending some of my skepticism about how perceptive they actually are when they say something that sounds really perceptive

the sad thing is that they have become personalities. sometimes it just doesn't take much experience to see that someone who is promoting politics is completely nuts. they way Trump acts and talks is enough.

Misha

Banned
Good on her
It took me 17 years to realize that my dad didn't know everything (but of hyperbole but that's the best way I know to describe it)

my sisters still don't know better and heck my parents still do the same, my dad clinging to religion that he has no connection to besides tradition and immersing himself in talk radio and my mom trusting him despite having a sane worldview that just doesn't translate into beliefs (basically she thinks everyone has their own perspective and different religions and philosophies aren't necessarily any more valid than each other)
It's just crazy what limited perspective can do to intelligent people

huh... so I guess dishonored 2 came out today

remember video games?

Waiting for Watch_Dogs 2 -_0 personally. I liked Dishonoured well enough but it's not super urgent.

I'm biased and I just love my nieces so I'm capable of suspending some of my skepticism about how perceptive they actually are when they say something that sounds really perceptive
Right! And continue to support and foster that in her.

FloatOn

So...you're not trying to violate her rear end?

I don't believe you.

If that happens it will be a happy side effect. And I won't lie there is an attraction there. But my intention is purely friendship at the moment.

I think if something were to happen romantically between us it will be once the divorce is final and that can be several months from now. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy hanging out.

You play it yet? How's the story and how is what's her name (maybe Emily? I can't remember) written?

ha! I'm not playing games seriously again for at least another year. Dishonored was one of my favorite games from last gen so I really want to play the new one but alas, no time.

FUME5

Once I'm finished with this current crop of games I'll pick up Dishonored 2, looks great.

I agree with trab, your voluminous mane is looking good.

Xiao Hu

Nope. Tomorrow at 11:11 starts Karneval over here in Cologne. I will avoid the city center because the streets will be riddled with half dead drunkards...

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Tomorrow is Veterans/Armistice day here where we celebrate the defeat of the central poweres by giving veterans free chipotle and applebees. Also I get to grab an NES mini which I dont know why I want since I have the carts of most of its games, lol

Xiao Hu

Tomorrow is Veterans/Armistice day here where we celebrate the defeat of the central poweres by giving veterans free chipotle and applebees. Also I get to grab an NES mini which I dont know why I want since I have the carts of most of its games, lol

Is it a public holiday?
_____

Ok, this avatar sucks. Lili, where is my avatar request? :(

I thought you hated emulation?

And thanks for serving!

Is it a public holiday?
_____

Ok, this avatar sucks. Lili, where is my avatar request? :(
I'm not inventing something for you. Tell me what you actually want

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I don't think the SNES has a good a library as the NES. The highs are higher for sure, but there is a lot ofor mediocrity

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How did I sleep for 13 hours?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
snes has super metroid and i want to marry super metroid

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Everything we thought we knew is a lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom