• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I always browse GAF with shades on bc your posts are so lit

gurl I have to browse from my photowagon because your posts are so poppin'

FSEDbzt.png

What are you guys up to this weekend? I'm going to the movies tonight and doing some interview prep in between long stretches of nothing. Also gonna abstain from drinking after really overdoing it Tuesday night.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What are you guys up to this weekend? I'm going to the movies tonight and doing some interview prep in between long stretches of nothing. Also gonna abstain from drinking after really overdoing it Tuesday night.

Eat honemade baked sweets and watch Humphrey Bogart films.

FloatOn

Taking my dog to update his shots.

Then buying a new car.

Maybe watch Arrival in the evening and I'm pretty sure there is a trump protest going on tomorrow that I want to be at.

I also need to start working on two research papers 😫

Forgive my naivety but what is the trump protest supposed to achieve? Is there a legit process for cancelling his election? Or is it supposed to help motivate his cabinet to better align with progressive interests? I'm not trying to be defeatist, but it seems like a waste of energy that could be better mobilized in other efforts.

jb1234

Forgive my naivety but what is the trump protest supposed to achieve? Is there a legit process for cancelling his election? Or is it supposed to help motivate his cabinet to better align with progressive interests? I'm not trying to be defeatist, but it seems like a waste of energy that could be better mobilized in other efforts.

People want to feel like they're doing *something*, I guess. But yeah, there is no practical purpose for it.

FloatOn

I think there is value in expressing dissent. At this early stage there are too many unknowns to take the pragmatic steps to stop anything.

I feel compelled to stand in solidarity with others that are dissatisfied.

It's also fun to meet strangers that you align with ❤️

People are venting anger about him winning, it's not meant to accomplish anything. It's also a very ugly visual for the people that were in charge for this election that they fucked up, and they fucked up bad.

Jobbs

Banned
Political pressure in the form of protest doesn't mean nothing. It doesn't have to mean nothing.

Didn't someone once say that the French have it so good because the French government is afraid of its people?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

In theory since the electoral college doesn't vote until Jan, they could convince them not to vote Trump in.

14705780_982324238540356_4922467111004932060_n.jpg

See, that's the thing. I don't think the American government is afraid of its people at all. At all. As long as they keep their pockets full they don't give a shit what the people do. We have enough police and military to stifle any protests and riots that get out of hand. Occupy Wall Street got nothing done. Black Lives Matter is not making as much of a difference as it should.

I think the government is beholden to corporations and corporations can be beholden to their customers. I don't think the government is directly beholden to its people anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong. Honestly I don't pay enough attention to this stuff. I'm happy to be corrected!

In theory since the electoral college doesn't vote until Jan, they could convince them not to vote Trump in.

14705780_982324238540356_4922467111004932060_n.jpg
I want that

jb1234

See, that's the thing. I don't think the American government is afraid of its people at all. At all. As long as they keep their pockets full they don't give a shit what the people do. We have enough police and military to stifle any protests and riots that get out of hand. Occupy Wall Street got nothing done. Black Lives Matter is not making as much of a difference as it should.

I think the government is beholden to corporations and corporations can be beholden to their customers. I don't think the government is directly beholden to its people anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong. Honestly I don't pay enough attention to this stuff. I'm happy to be corrected!

No, you're probably right. Unfortunately.

Jobbs

Banned
In theory if our cities burned every night for months on end it would make a difference legislatively. I don't think that'll happen but if you ride the logic out to its conclusion protest doesn't have to mean nothing.

Occupy Wall Street was a bunch of hippies hanging out and having a good time. You don't get things done by having a good time. There's nothing comfortable about protest and unrest. These people were banging in tents. It was rudderless.

Generally speaking, I agree that the protests we're likely to see are unlikely to have any direct impact on anything.. But I think an expression of peoples' discontent is significant and I'm glad its there for posterity. People pelted Bush's limo with eggs during his inauguration in 2000. I'm glad that happened.

Xiao Hu

Got my copy of Dishoured 2 today. I hope I still have enough space on my PS4's harddrive otherwise I really have to upgrade soon to at least 1 TB

Got my copy of Dishoured 2 today. I hope I still have enough space on my PS4's harddrive otherwise I really have to upgrade soon to at least 1 TB

Dude just uninstall stuff you're done with

(I'm the same with clothes. I've often bought new ones or brought stuff home from work to avoid doing laundry)

In theory if our cities burned every night for months on end it would make a difference legislatively. I don't think that'll happen but if you ride the logic out to its conclusion protest doesn't have to mean nothing.

Occupy Wall Street was a bunch of hippies hanging out and having a good time. You don't get things done by having a good time. There's nothing comfortable about protest and unrest. These people were banging in tents. It was rudderless.

Generally speaking, I agree that the protests we're likely to see are unlikely to have any direct impact on anything.. But I think an expression of peoples' discontent is significant and I'm glad its there for posterity. People pelted Bush's limo with eggs during his inauguration in 2000. I'm glad that happened.
Didn't change anything though :(

Xiao Hu

Dude just uninstall stuff you're done with

(I'm the same with clothes. I've often bought new ones or brought stuff home from work to avoid doing laundry)

This is not how hording works! I keep on telling me that I will eventually return to unfinished games like Alien: Isolation in which case I don't even remember why I stopped playing it in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#GamingPriveledge #I'mAshamedOfMyBacklog

FUME5

The new Tribe Called Quest album doesn't suck.

There are some stinkers on there, but overall I'm pleasantly surprised.

This is not how hording works! I keep on telling me that I will eventually return to unfinished games like Alien: Isolation in which case I don't even remember why I stopped playing it in the first place ¯_(ツ)_/¯

#GamingPriveledge #I'mAshamedOfMyBacklog
What's keeping you from going back? Newer games or non-gaming stuff that you do instead?

Xiao Hu

What's keeping you from going back? Newer games or non-gaming stuff that you do instead?

Newer games and old games that are like evergreens for me (e.g. Elder Scrolls series). I think I need to be more disciplined concerning this matter, most games I set aside are not bad games at all so they still deserve my attention.

I will probably drop Diablo 3 from the system. Wanted to do a coop run with my little sis but we kinda forgot about it :/

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Newer games and old games that are like evergreens for me (e.g. Elder Scrolls series). I think I need to be more disciplined concerning this matter, most games I set aside are not bad games at all so they still deserve my attention.

I will probably drop Diablo 3 from the system. Wanted to do a coop run with my little sis but we kinda forgot about it :/
Just wait until next year's update to play through

I've never had a problem with backlogging because since I was younger, it was always a matter of buying 1-3 games per year and finishing them before starting new ones. Granted, this was when the term 'AAA gaming' wasn't meant to be derogatory.

Plus, I'm super picky.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My backlog right now:

Doom 3 BFG
FFX HD
Dishonored (the first one)
World of FF
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Devil May Cry HD Collection

That's only the games I'm most interested in completing. Then I also end up being stupid and subbing to MMOs or replaying games I've beaten already (currently on a third or fourth run of Mega Man ZX, for example)

Halcyon

Watching Star Trek with my wife and she has just fallen asleep. I'm trying to decide if I keep drinking and violate myself with a plunger or turn off the movie and go to sleep.

Hmmm

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Reading old threads always makes me realize how many people get banned around here.

jb1234

My mom is driving me crazy. When she senses that I'm really depressed, she goes into "OH GOD, I'M IN CRISIS" mode and refuses to leave me alone. And now I want to kill her.

Doctor Strange is a very giffable movie. It was also absolutely ridiculous.

I also can no longer tell the difference between satire and reality.

SolVanderlyn

My mom is driving me crazy. When she senses that I'm really depressed, she goes into "OH GOD, I'M IN CRISIS" mode and refuses to leave me alone. And now I want to kill her.
She probably just wants to help. Mom-mode is overbearingly strong at times (sometimes at the worst times) but it's rarely without good intentions.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am sneezing and my nose is like a broken pipe since 4 am in the morning. Looks like evening walk managed to open clogged nose. Or it was alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom