• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I think it speaks volumes that he is purposely spending time with Obama and not just listening to Republican cronies.

One thing we know about Trump is that he just says shit. He says and does different things and then acts like he never said or did them. He may change positions mid-sentence. I really do just think he was a clown who wanted to stir up some PR for his book or for his The Apprentice contract negotiations.. That's really it, and it spun out of control. That's my real assessment.

Because he has no actual beliefs or direction or values, I feel like he'll end up signing a lot of what the republican congress sends him which is troublesome.

jb1234

I'm betting he'll get impeached pretty quickly and then we'll be stuck with Pence. Which as a gay man, I find far more terrifying.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The kind I had was this kind

photo-5.6.jpg

Fresh from the drum.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stop trusting Square.

Jobbs

Banned
I've had sex while we were currently sorta fighting but I didn't feel any hatred or anger or anything. Maybe I need a more certain definition

Xiao Hu

The day FF characters look like human beings again is the day I play modern FFs, I really, really can't stand that jpop boy band esthetics. Am I getting an amen on that?

I've had sex while we were currently sorta fighting but I didn't feel any hatred or anger or anything. Maybe I need a more certain definition
I platinumed No Mans Sky. Thats pretty close I think.

The day FF characters look like human beings again is the day I play modern FFs, I really, really can't stand that jpop boy band esthetics. Am I getting an amen on that?
Yup. I'm thinking of getting FFVX but due to the characters, it too will probably be a hate fuck sorta thing.

jb1234

It's less the aesthetics that bother me and more the characterizations. For instance, the characters in FFIX looked pretty goofy but their personalities seemed more or less rooted in reality whereas a lot of FF games (and JRPGs in general) drown in their anime-influences and melodrama.

Jobbs

Banned
It's a bro road trip with wholly unrelatable leather clad plastic weirdos I wouldn't want to go anywhere with. The concept collapses under itself instantly.

jb1234

It's a bro road trip with wholly unrelatable leather clad plastic weirdos I wouldn't want to go anywhere with. The concept collapses under itself instantly.

Based on what I've seen, I'm unconvinced that the writing team is going to make these bros people I want to spend a lot of time with but I'm in my mid-30s and definitely not the target age for these games anymore.

(Man, did I cry when I eventually figured out I had outgrown what was once my favorite genre.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
if it's a square game and taro yoko isn't involved i don't want to know about it

EatChildren

We need a AAA mumblecore style RPG where the characters actually sorta talk like real people. That'd be fun.

One of the best things about Nier is the ambient dialogue.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Have you heard of Oblivion and the miracle known as radiant ai dialogues?
So much radiance from the NPCs.

Adoring-Fan.jpg

Edit: omg I found a high res map of Tamriel while looking for that pic. *Nerds out*

Double edit: Have fun loading this every time you click the thread.

king-homer-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
For some reson all my really important threads get locked.

EatChildren

grimes is so lovely

Xiao Hu

So much radiance from the NPCs.

Adoring-Fan.jpg

Edit: omg I found a high res map of Tamriel while looking for that pic. *Nerds out*

Double edit: Have fun loading this every time you click the thread.

king-homer-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

"By Azura, by Azura, by Azuraaaa! I can't believe the Great Champion standing here molesting meee."

Gamer poop is just right my humor

EatChildren

tryingtounderstandbethesdagamepopularity.jpg

2013_part_3_Invasion_ibsfinale.jpg

Jobbs

Banned

For a very long time they were doing something that no other devs were doing, and I'd argue the competition is still really sparse even now.

Lack of competition + Fanbase built over many years = Low bar and complacency

EatChildren

Kill V Main is composition and production brilliance. Most of that album is. Butterfly in particular.

For a very long time they were doing something that no other devs were doing, and I'd argue the competition is still really sparse.

Lack of competition + Fanbase built over many years = Low bar and complacency

Agree whole heatedly and what I've long argued whenever someone says "but X is better than Fallout/Elder Scrolls". Fundamentally nobody else is building the same kind of games as these which is why people keep playing them and Bethesda can exist with muddied competency.

I really liked Oblivion but what else she do?

Realiti
Be a Body
Kill V. Maim
Butterfly
Skin

Xiao Hu

2013_part_3_Invasion_ibsfinale.jpg

I like the immersion I get in their games. I don't know any other game where I can roleplay my very own character the way Bethesda's games allow me to gameplay wise. Plus of course, the lore is intriguingly deep and rich and has grown a very active lore community.

Now when it comes to writing and mechanics, Bethesda has been streamlining their two RPG franchises in a way I personally can't approve. I wish there was another developer who is able to provide me the same experience because I'm getting the feeling TES VI will kill my love for the series for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom