• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not with shipping. :p You might as well just buy it new, which is only a dollar or two extra. I'm just not convinced I need the game that badly.
If you're willing to pay for shipping, I can just give you my copy... if I ever find it. I was actually going to give it away for free with my PS4, but I misplaced the disc.

Also, on the subject of good video game music...

I had fun with it. The story was decent enough. The voice acting was great. The atmosphere was incredible. The graphics were fucking mind blowing. Its just everything else that sucked ass. The impact on some of the weapons and hit reactions and physics was satifying.

Im just pissed off I payed full price for it digitally. I would have been happy to pick it up for $10. I have no want to ever play through it again but I would have felt my money was worth it for $10. Not the $80 I payed for it.

But thats the nice things I have to say. There is a buttload wrong with the game. But yeah. Worth $10 for one go with it IMO.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Bus driver just let me on bus even though I was short 50 cents.

Suck it athiests.

GoBanana-360x390.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nier is worth it because it's distinct, original, and complete in its vision if rough in technical performance and design. Its unconventional juggling of design tropes and genre shifts combined with a overwhelmingly melancholic narrative elevates it well above its faults. And while it does occasionally fall into the trap of localisation issues for the narrative, the conceptualisation and themes, along with the directed production, provide soundtrack, cast, and scenario that much like the game design are unlike most everything else on the market.

What I personally seek with all creative works is emotional resonance, and a large part of that is individuality and surprise. To experience something, no matter what it is, that startles and surprises is also likely to deeply engage me at the very least in curiosity. Nier is far from perfect but it most definitely the aforementioned; utterly unique and odd, yet authentic in commitment to its vision. It's earnest and honest, wears its emotional themes on its sleeve, and sees through the team's journey to completion no matter the technical and production faults.

I went into it deeply cynical about the then state of traditional Japanese role playing games, and it immediately become one of my favourite games of all time.

jb1234

Nier is worth it because it's distinct, original, and complete in its vision if rough in technical performance and design. Its unconventional juggling of design tropes and genre shifts combined with a overwhelmingly melancholic narrative elevates it well above its faults. And while it does occasionally fall into the trap of localisation issues for the narrative, the conceptualisation and themes, along with the directed production, provide soundtrack, cast, and scenario that much like the game design are unlike most everything else on the market.

What I personally seek with all creative works is emotional resonance, and a large part of that is individuality and surprise. To experience something, no matter what it is, that startles and surprises is also likely to deeply engage me at the very least in curiosity. Nier is far from perfect but it most definitely the aforementioned; utterly unique and odd, yet authentic in commitment to its vision. It's earnest and honest, wears its emotional themes on its sleeve, and sees through the team's journey to completion no matter the technical and production faults.

I went into it deeply cynical about the then state of traditional Japanese role playing games, and it immediately become one of my favourite games of all time.

Yeah, one thing I'll give NieR credit for is that it's definitely not a cookie-cutter JRPG.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The game's opening alone is massively different than almost any other game that exists. I've never seen a story shift from a modern setting to a complete fantasy setting like that (with such a weird justification for it, as well)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Horizon looks dull and I don't know why. It infuriates me how much I wan't to be interested.

EatChildren

The heroine's design is awesome and the game is beautiful and there's robot dinosaurs, so it's almost impossible for it not to be worth the price to me

I like the robo dinosaurs but everything else looks washed out and murky and uninspired and bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh to me. I hope when I play it I get that spark and go oh shit this is amazing (which sometimes happens) but even watching the gameplay footage is total zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'll probably buy it though because it's one of the few upcoming games despite my resilience I'm trying to stay optimistic. Plus...robo dinos.

Jobbs

Banned
I like the robo dinosaurs but everything else looks washed out and murky and uninspired and bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh to me. I hope when I play it I get that spark and go oh shit this is amazing (which sometimes happens) but even watching the gameplay footage is total zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'll probably buy it though because it's one of the few upcoming games despite my resilience I'm trying to stay optimistic. Plus...robo dinos.

washed out and murky? it's super fuckin colorful dude. the use of color is spectacular

Chuckie

I should have checked first, Itagaki just said he wanted to do it.

Damn.

*kicks Fume5 in the balls

Horizon looks dull and I don't know why. It infuriates me how much I wan't to be interested.

Really? I think it looks awesome. Can't wait to play it

what 90s CD rom game is this from?

ct_ep2end_linedup.jpg

Lol.

I wonder how horrible Episode 2 will look in 20 more years or so.
By far shittiest SW ever. Might actually be worse than the holiday special.

washed out and murky? it's super fuckin colorful dude. the use of color is spectacular
Yeah but it's like too much..of everything. It becomes one reddish bright ADHD blur instead of something straight-minded. I think i get what eatchildren is saying. Might still be good but yeah

EatChildren

[Really? I think it looks awesome. Can't wait to play it

It has this excessive washed out yellow tint to everything combined with excessive blur post processing and cheap sharpening. I'm not even going to try and rationalise it. My brain is fundamentally broken with this game and it depresses me to no end. I hope I'm surprised. I figure this will be another Sony Exclusive™ situation where most people adore it and it is critically/commercial praised and I just can't get into it. I don't pride myself on that, mind you.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah but it's like too much..of everything. It becomes one reddish bright ADHD blur instead of something straight-minded. I think i get what eatchildren is saying. Might still be good but yeah

Ah I just can't agree... I think its art design and color choices are abnormally strong 👶👶👶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom