• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to take awhile to hear the words "President Electric Donald Trump" and it not feel like being stabbed in the back.

Stay safe Minorty/disabled/transgender GAF

FloatOn

15027732_10154274967838515_3652778425040413616_n.jpg

you have been visited by the grumpy morning pupper. say "good morning pupper" to have a good morning

1 like = 1 prayer

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
doggo eyebrow game strong

This suicide prevention shit on Facebook pisses me the fuck off

Literally 3/4 of the people doing it have proven to me that they actually don't give a shit, yay hypocrites

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope you all - those who have friended me - appreciate my innocuous memes in the flood of political posts.

Or have unfollowed me if you don't, lol. I don't say this confrontationally, I just don't want to flood people's feeds with stuff they don't want to see.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a little over 2500 Halo 2 matches logged.

It came out about a year after I fucked my back and my life was kinda in limbo at the time.

EDIT

Or is it 4500?

My excuse is I just got blazed EDIT

4355 according to waypoint.

My K/D feels less impressive now that it's obvious 20% of the people were high and not putting any effort in

SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

It has to be fake. Still funny tho

Misha

Banned
You know jk Rowling did a pretty good job with the whole bigotry aspect of Harry Potter. The way society was fine with ignoring the views of the more hateful people and them later being empowered by a leader coming forward. It's interesting to see umbridge, filch, the Malfoys, fudge being ineffectual and essentially allowing himself to be a pawn of the bad guys, the Blacks and Sirius managing to not be like them.

A lot of it is feeling even less fantasy like than it used to. Kinda wish tho that she didn't go so hard into good vs evil and did way more of the fudge/umbridge type stuff. Tho there probably can be an argument that Voldemort is a symbolic physical manifestation of the hate and bigotry and his return would be more representative of society at large than him being a standalone evil.

zeemumu

Trying to find something Christmas horror themed for my friend for Christmas. First thought was a replica of the bell from Krampus but they're sold out. I might end up settling on something Gremlins-related.

Sorry about your coworker, Mutfox.

You know jk Rowling did a pretty good job with the whole bigotry aspect of Harry Potter. The way society was fine with ignoring the views of the more hateful people and them later being empowered by a leader coming forward. It's interesting to see umbridge, filch, the Malfoys, fudge being ineffectual and essentially allowing himself to be a pawn of the bad guys, the Blacks and Sirius managing to not be like them.

A lot of it is feeling even less fantasy like than it used to. Kinda wish tho that she didn't go so hard into good vs evil and did way more of the fudge/umbridge type stuff. Tho there probably can be an argument that Voldemort is a symbolic physical manifestation of the hate and bigotry and his return would be more representative of society at large than him being a standalone evil.

I think she actually kinda did that. it's just the movies that dumb it down a notch

Misha

Banned
I think she actually kinda did that. it's just the movies that dumb it down a notch
The first few books didn't have much but it really wasn't focused on that at that point. The last four switch between that and the ultimate battle of good vs evil featuring the chosen one which was a super boring plot thread but unfortunately the overarching one

The first few books didn't have much but it really wasn't focused on that at that point. The last four switch between that and the ultimate battle of good vs evil featuring the chosen one which was a super boring plot thread but unfortunately the overarching one

but like malfoy and snape a lot of stuff is portrayed more complex that just plain good/evil

FloatOn

for whatever reason I just couldn't get into harry potter.

I think I have this subconscious thing where I won't allow myself to enjoy things intended for kids.

Misha

Banned
but like malfoy and snape a lot of stuff is portrayed more complex that just plain good/evil
I meant more of how Voldemort is more of a comic book villain than something more insidious. Everything else takes a backseat as a threat to him due to him being the all powerful wizard Harry is destined to fight.

I mean it is a kids book so it's unsurprising.
for whatever reason I just couldn't get into harry potter.

I think I have this subconscious thing where I won't allow myself to enjoy things intended for kids.
For what you've said in the past, I'm not sure it's subconscious :p

*hangs head in shame*
sorry, not trying to get you down
I meant more of how Voldemort is more of a comic book villain than something more insidious. Everything else takes a backseat as a threat to him due to him being the all powerful wizard Harry is destined to fight.

I mean it is a kids book so it's unsurprising.

For what you've said in the past, I'm not sure it's subconscious :p

oh yeah I guess that's true. he's wizard hitler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom