• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
In New Zealand Dominoes is open 24/7 and it comes from the sky.

ezgif.com-optimize-3-2.gif

I don't know why but ever since I got my gaming rig back, my wireless KB/M just act up and sometimes inputs will not respond and either I have to move closer to the wireless receiver or I hit the KB out of frustration and it will work? I"ve had this KB/M since 2013.

Fluvian

Banned
My water came back on and I just had a bath, it's great to clean the grime of three days off of you. I used my bathsoap that smells like blood oranges, now I smell like blood oranges, perfect.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Watched the first episode of Sense8. Liked it.

I always wondered how these things start. Never thought you'd just ask.

it isn't for everyone but seem people seem to make this work. how do you feel about it?

Well...I made a joke about needing to get laid a few days ago and he approached me tonight about it. He's really sweet and considerate, and he doesn't want to overstep any boundaries and make me uncomfortable because we're good friends and all, and he really respects me as a person but neither one of us want to date so...yeah.

I don't know how I feel about it. I do feel comfortable around him, and I don't think it would ruin the friendship if it ended cause he said he wouldn't be offended if I said no, so I can't really think of a reason to say no other than that I'm not sure I'm attracted to him.

I always wondered how these things start. Never thought you'd just ask.

There's no absolutely one way to do it, but ultimately yes somebody has to ask. Mind you, I've only been propositioned, never accepted nor offered myself. Maybe the conversation of sex comes up and you naturally comment on how little action you're getting. Maybe you're super bold and straight up ask without any digging. It's up to you.

I don't know how I feel about it. I do feel comfortable around him, and I don't think it would ruin the friendship if it ended cause he said he wouldn't be offended if I said no, so I can't really think of a reason to say no other than that I'm not sure I'm attracted to him.

I'm not attracted to any of my dildos but they work in a pinch.

Symphonia

Banned
Have I just like ceased to exist? Am I dead? Am I a ghost? Can only Haley Joel Osment see me? Or have I simply said or done something to piss people off in here to the extent that I just don't matter anymore?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Have I just like ceased to exist? Am I dead? Am I a ghost? Can only Haley Joel Osment see me? Or have I simply said or done something to piss people off in here to the extent that I just don't matter anymore?

hi

Jobbs

Banned
Well...I made a joke about needing to get laid a few days ago and he approached me tonight about it. He's really sweet and considerate, and he doesn't want to overstep any boundaries and make me uncomfortable because we're good friends and all, and he really respects me as a person but neither one of us want to date so...yeah.

If you want some action and are comfortable with him it might be worth exploring.

Generally I think I'd become jealous and want more, but maybe with just the right person it could work.

you're not invisible, you're just boring. You need to contribute more than vacuous complaining and shallow reaching.

Oh. I see how it is.

Cool.

what does this mean and who is it directed at?

Big Bang Theory is vile.

I like it, so...

I'm similar to Sheldon in that I have no social filters to speak of.

you're not offering any insight and BBT isn't a hill worth dying on so nobody feels the need to combat you on this. People are allowed to like shitty TV if they want to, so do as you please.

Good morning, fakers. How y'all doing on this fine Saturday morning?

posted when almost nobody was online and when a cursory reread of the thread would have given you your answer

I don't know why I bother.

what are people supposed to say? It doesn't even feel like you are bothering.

Mexican Patty Melt.

Fitting.

again, what is anybody supposed to respond to this with? Many of us have already provided our own "answers" and none of them are being quoted for further discussion.

EatChildren

FakeGAF is a insular, cliquey echochamber of tiresome, circular discussion composed of boringly predictable online identities and their painfully comfortable posting shticks
<3

It's a good show, especially episode 4 and beyond.

That's great to hear. The first episode had a strong hook. Maybe a little bit all over the place, but I didn't mind. Really well shot, loving the broad range of characters. Definitely seemed very Wachowskis.

Like Westworld though my worry is always that the initial hook will be let down by subsequent episodes. Series are such an investment for me, which is probably why I so rarely give them a good. A movie, even if I hate it, is done and dusted. I loathe the idea of getting 5 episodes into something and calling it quits.

Jobbs

Banned
:: ignores eatchildren ::

I was feeling irate and surrounded by too much stuff so I cleaned out my room and threw away a bunch of said stuff. I feel better now. a lot better.

Symphonia

Banned
Maybe I don't feel like I should bother because the interactions I have with people in here - when there are any - are mostly negative. I believe Lilith's last post is the perfect example of this. It comes across very hostile. Maybe it's because I'm not part of your little clique you have going on in here. Maybe not. I don't know, I'm just really not feeling the love from GAF at all as of late.

Upon thinking about it, I believe I'm bowing out of FakeGAF. I don't feel welcome here at all and, truthfully, I feel like certain people want me gone. So, yeah, I might pop in from time to time to wish you well, but I'm done.

EatChildren

I was feeling irate and surrounded by too much stuff so I cleaned out my room and threw away a bunch of said stuff. I feel better now. a lot better.

When I'm in the same mood that and heavy exercise are the two things that are the most beneficial investments for improving my mood. Going hard on the bike/weights for half an hour or more, or putting aside an hour to do a proper huge cleanout of my shit almost always makes me feel so much better afterwards. Cleansing.

Though every time I do it it seems to be more than just rubbish/junk I'm throwing out, and instead actual stuff I've decided I no longer need or wonder why I kept it around at all. And given I don't really buy stuff regularly I wonder how much useless shit I've still got packed away. This happiness well will run dry eventually.

I think I washed my rice wrong. it came out extra starchy

...how did you make it more starchy? :/

Jobbs

Banned
When I'm in the same mood that and heavy exercise are the two things that are the most beneficial investments for improving my mood. Going hard on the bike/weights for half an hour or more, or putting aside an hour to do a proper huge cleanout of my shit almost always makes me feel so much better afterwards. Cleansing.

Though every time I do it it seems to be more than just rubbish/junk I'm throwing out, and instead actual stuff I've decided I no longer need or wonder why I kept it around at all. And given I don't really buy stuff regularly I wonder how much useless shit I've still got packed away. This happiness well will run dry eventually.

I'm ashamed to say that some of the stuff I threw out was of value but I was in too much of a hurry for it to be gone to bother ebaying it or finding a good home. I'm awful :(

...how did you make it more starchy? :/

idk I thought he washing would make the rice stick together less, but it was almost risotto-like, very slimy. halp me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I don't feel like I should bother because the interactions I have with people in here - when there are any - are mostly negative. I believe Lilith's last post is the perfect example of this. It comes across very hostile. .

Nah. Lili's being honest and doesn't whitewash her posts, never did, and that's good for the most part. You asked what's up and she shared her thoughts on it.

I'm usually just throwing in boring posts every blue moon too, and I don't expect people to suddenly start a conversation around me because of it, so you shouldn't either, I think. If you feel like the thread's being hostile (?) or negative towards you (which I don't really get, given that you also feel ignored) and you're sure you're not imagining things, then maybe pausing might be an option. Or engaging in conversations more. Or just ignore the people you think are being hostile. Or rethinking if it really just isn't your imagination or projection.

I really don't know, I have no idea how I made it into any OP with my posting rate anyway lol, I'm just the guy commenting from the sidelines, for most of the part, and I'm usually fine with it :)

Don't let it get to you, it's just a silly but lovely GAF thread.

What kind of stuff are we talking about? I thought about throwing away shit but when I want to start I always put it back and find excuses to keep it.

jb1234

That's great to hear. The first episode had a strong hook. Maybe a little bit all over the place, but I didn't mind. Really well shot, loving the broad range of characters. Definitely seemed very Wachowskis.

Like Westworld though my worry is always that the initial hook will be let down by subsequent episodes. Series are such an investment for me, which is probably why I so rarely give them a good. A movie, even if I hate it, is done and dusted. I loathe the idea of getting 5 episodes into something and calling it quits.

I think you'll be satisfied. It's a show that very much has its heart on its sleeve, which is a big part of why I like it. There's so much cynical television out there these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom