• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The 90s were nice because I was a child. I would not want to be an adult in the 90's. I think things are way better now (work-wise)

The 90's was literally the absolute best time to be a kid, though.

Timu

tumblr_oh78u6tMx91tackbdo1_500.jpg

Can't wait to buy this!!!

FloatOn

I think the idea of friend zone is sexist actually. It implies you are owed more than friendship simply because you want it. No one owes you anything, either accept what is on offer or don't.

Anyway, that's enough soap box for today.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I remember asking my parents for a N64 for xmas the year it came out and it was sold out everywhere so they got me a PSX instead. It turned out to be the best possible option as I would take that library of games over the other any day.
I remember the day when we first got our Mega Drive. I'm surprised I still do, given just how young I was back then, but hey, everyone's first experience with Streets of Rage deserves to be a memorable one.

Timu

I remember the day when we first got our Mega Drive. I'm surprised I still do, given just how young I was back then, but hey, everyone's first experience with Streets of Rage deserves to be a memorable one.
Streets of Rage is my shit yo, love those games!!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think my favorite part of growing up was going over to a friend's house when they had the game system you didn't have. I had a Genesis/Dreamcast friend whose house was like Disney Land for me.

Timu

I was born in 92 so i wasn't really a 90s kid. But the Christmas I got a game boy AND pokemon blue was magical
I had Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow with a Pokemon Edition Yellow Game Boy Color for Christmas...probably one of the best Christmas I had, lol.

FUME5

I can still remember being unable to sleep the night before my 5th or 6th birthday because my Dad was due back from the oil rig and I just knew he had bought me the Atari I'd been bugging him for.

He had.

Timu

One Christmas I had an N64 with like 5 or so games.

Another Christmas I had Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic 2 packed with my Sega Genesis.

SolVanderlyn

I remember Christmas of 98, getting Ocarina of Time. I'm absent from all of our home videos that year because I was away and glued to the TV.

A year or so before, when I got the system itself, Mario 64, and the last SNES game my parents ever bought me (Donkey Kong Country 3)... oh man. The joy was palpable.

I wish I could still get that excited about things.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I think my favorite part of growing up was going over to a friend's house when they had the game system you didn't have. I had a Genesis/Dreamcast friend whose house was like Disney Land for me.

One Christmas I had an N64 with like 5 or so games.

Another Christmas I had Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic 2 packed with my Sega Genesis.
Them's forbidden words here.

And yeah, I always had a good time playing the SNES whenever I went down to that family I knew.

I remember loving kicking everyones ass at Track and Field on NES with that running pad. I can also do this thing where I can vibrate my hand by squeezing and locking my elbow joint really hard so I can mash a button ridiculously fast. I set all the records. I was unbeatable at that game. The only time anyone had a chance was the skeet shooting. Hue hue.. skeet.

I remember the Christmas I got my SNES. I had set up a blanket fort next to the tree (no shit) to play Super Mario World.

It then went into my sister's room after that. >:[

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Lol. One thing I give Mega Drive credit for is that it looks cooler than a Sega Genesis at least. I would like some imports here and there though. But I would never get a Pal Mega Drive, not into 50hz gaming.
Ehhh, you could get one modded for 60hz. Though I'm waiting for the day that we get an FPGA based clone Mega Drive before I start collecting for it.

Timu

Ehhh, you could get one modded for 60hz. Though I'm waiting for the day that we get an FPGA based clone Mega Drive before I start collecting for it.
Oh that's right, I had no idea about the mod really for 60hz since I didn't look into that. Also god knows when that will happen, though it happened with the NES so there could be a chance probably.

Timu

KOF98 is one of the best KOFs, but it's easier to get through than say 94 and 95, which are hard ass games but I managed to 1CC them somehow.

FloatOn

I remember signing up for the wait list to rent Street Fighter 2 on SNES at the local video store. When it finally came time for us to pick it up I'm fairly certain my older bro and I kept it on for the majority of the day. Beating M.bison was so hard back then

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Fuck everyone that wanted to be a special snowflake at our store today. I don't get what it is about black Friday and the holidays that fill people with such entitlement.

Misha

Banned
decided to try paladins since I felt like playing overwatch but not overwatch. like half of the abilities are straight ripoffs (which tbf a lot of those also exist in mobas but the theming is very similar with those heroes and the abilities)

Timu

decided to try paladins since I felt like playing overwatch but not overwatch. like half of the abilities are straight ripoffs (which tbf a lot of those also exist in mobas but the theming is very similar with those heroes and the abilities)
It's pretty good right?

Jobbs

Banned
I'd like to go back to the 90s just so I could be completely oblivious of all the bullshit in the world.

I remember in the 90s when there was a woman on woman kiss on Ellen (which was a sitcom, not a talk show) and I remember people in my youthgroup discussing it and what it meant. It was DEFINITELY a different time.

Anyway, I'm Steam gamer tonight. I'm trying lots of games. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom