• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
n6xV1pp.jpg

It's beautiful

So how about some games that weren't received well that you actually do like? That's much more fun :)

I have a weird thing for Star Wars Bounty Hunter on the Gamecube, hah. Still play through that game every now and then.

LA Noire.

It seems to have reviewed well, but I'm pretty sure at least 75% of people online hate it.

tumblr_mlenb8dsQD1qhqs8so1_250.gif

I'm not trying to "silence you," but you're pretty clearly overreacting.
Everybody is overreacting right now. Where was "calm down" for "burn this post"?

I'm trying to point out that love of a game is emotional, not logical. It's okay that most of you like Shadow of the Colossus. It's also okay that I like Uncharted and Watch_Dogs. I've never been bribed. I have no reason to lie about that.

And I'm not the only one who truly loves these games. Lots and lots of people do, many of whom fit into the review site culture and thus get hired for such.

Jobbs

Banned
Jobbs if you buy me a new pair of socks I'll give your game a 101%

"A true AAAA gaming experience"

One more A and you've got a deal

TBH the idea of any significant review outlet reviewing my game (which seems likely given Adult Swim will be handling all this stuff) is really really scary. 😢

Everybody is overreacting right now. Where was "calm down" for "burn this post"?

I'm trying to point out that love of a game is emotional, not logical. It's okay that most of you like Shadow of the Colossus. It's also okay that I like Uncharted and Watch_Dogs. I've never been bribed. I have no reason to lie about that.

And I'm not the only one who truly loves these games. Lots and lots of people do, many of whom fit into the review site culture and thus get hired for such.

we're not saying anything different. sure there are people out there for all kinds of games, Uncharted, SotC, Watch Dogs..you name it. but people who are getting paid to determine the quality of a game aren't always acting out of their own passion for something. maybe sometimes. but it would be naive to believe that there aren't also corporate interests involved.

Didn't see it. I only joined in when I made my first post, and have been going back and forth between 5 other threads and work.

And I don't disagree, and never have. The only thing I said was that reviewers getting incentives for higher scores is a thing that has happened, and probably will continue to happen. I never said that it's the only reason for high praise.

TBH the idea of any significant review outlet reviewing my game (which seems likely given Adult Swim will be handling all this stuff) is really really scary. ��

I'll review that shit for free

Jobbs

Banned
we're not saying anything different. sure there are people out there for all kinds of games, Uncharted, SotC, Watch Dogs..you name it. but people who are getting paid to determine the quality of a game aren't always acting out of their own passion for something. maybe sometimes. but it would be naive to believe that there aren't also corporate interests involved.

Think of it like a more mild version of congress -- who have relationships with lobbying firms and stuff and want to go to cush jobs with them after retiring from public service. Not every decision is 100% based on those special interests, but there's definitely some external pressure.

TBH the idea of any significant review outlet reviewing my game (which seems likely given Adult Swim will be handling all this stuff) is really really scary. ��
"Greatest game I have ever played and it even blew my new socks off that the creator bought me before giving me a copy AAAAA out of AAA"

Seriously though you're going to do great don't even sweat it

You just described all of them.

But I wanted to give games 5 beers out of 5 =.(

Edit: is that one of those sodas with like a marble in it or something if I remember right?

I do like meltdown threads when bad reviews happen
😈😈😈
Last guardian thread will be lurked at by me 👀

"Ghost song isn't no mans sky"
????/????
I'm starting a one sentence vague comparison review blog
Review scores are just question marks

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I do like meltdown threads when bad reviews happen
😈😈😈
Last guardian thread will be lurked at by me 👀

"Ghost song isn't no mans sky"
????/????
I'm starting a one sentence vague comparison review blog
Review scores are just question marks
Ghost Song
No Waifu / Waifu
AVOID

Just got back from my weekly hair cut and while crossing the street a car let me go and I did that stupid little fake run/jog thing that people do that's probably just as fast as walking 😂 Damn it

My ex maintains an undercut, but his roommate is a professional hairdresser who runs his business out of their garage, so it's not a big deal. Maintaining hair is so much work

Hopefully they go out of style soon 😂😭

My buddy is a barber but I feel bad getting free cuts from him every week at his house and I don't want to drive 45 mins to his shop

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
If you are waiting for undercuts to go out of style, be prepared to wait another century.

It is the meme haircut of reddit male fashion advice, and probably GAF as well. I mean, it technically is "out of style", its just that the style itself is timeless and despite trendiness, it won't suddenly look bad even years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom