• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Guys, I'm hungry. Please feed me.

642291.jpg

*loudly eats sammich in front of Nerdkiller*

AcridMeat

Banned
The ending of Gladiator hits pretty well with me. Something about the way it's edited with the music makes it much harder for me to watch than other cliche scenes in film like that.

My thoughts on That Dragon Cancer too :p

The first one that happens twelve minutes into TLoU is pretty cheap, but the rest of the game goes on for long enough that I felt really invested in the characters. With SotC it's just you don't know who this girl is, where she's from nor what's happened to her, but she's dying so have pity.
That's what I like about it. It becomes a metaphor for so many personal things because it keeps story elements abstract and up for interpretation. And you experience most of it via gameplay which I love even more. A bunch of tlou cinematic cutscenes might look nice but it's not usually something I connect with...it feels more like shoved in my face. There's no emotional exploration, it's just a plot that has been laid out for you (Which is fine for movies but with games i just want sth different)

Halcyon

I cry erery tim 4 tlou.

I also cried one time watching the ending of Mario 64 because I was really reminiscing my youth at the time.

The only other time I cried for a videogame was the first series of Telltale's Walking Dead.

That's what I like about it. It becomes a metaphor for so many personal things because it keeps story elements abstract and up for interpretation. And you experience most of it via gameplay which I love even more. A bunch of tlou cinematic cutscenes might look nice but it's not usually something I connect with...it feels more like shoved in my face. There's no emotional exploration, it's just a plot that has been laid out for you (Which is fine for movies but with games i just want sth different)
Yeah. There are parallels but ultimately each game is going for a different thing, so they tend to appeal to different people.

Seaklng

Banned
Hi.
Been trying to get back on here for a bit now, but haven't been able to.
Long story short: forgetting your passwords sucks when you get a new phone and don't have access to your computer.

FUME5

Sup Seaking.

My mood has just improved considerably, the old man agrees with me that we are unlikely to get all the necessary ducks in a row to get this dry cleaning site work done this year so looks like Danadan is back on in a week or two.

Also discussed yesterdays revelations with him, we'll be telling the owner he has to pay us back that 40 g one way or another.

I fucked up again. Flight chief and shop are concerned for my well being and put me on day shift and forced me to go to mental health. Which, for the record, did fucking nothing except give me a packet about anxiety.

No. It's not. I love night shift. I had an awesome supervisor and it was the one place I actually felt happy at work. All of my friends are on that shift but now I'm totally isolated from all of them and even more alone.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Sup Seaking.

My mood has just improved considerably, the old man agrees with me that we are unlikely to get all the necessary ducks in a row to get this dry cleaning site work done this year so looks like Danadan is back on in a week or two.

Also discussed yesterdays revelations with him, we'll be telling the owner he has to pay us back that 40 g one way or another.
Enjoy your 40,000 handjobs.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
i don't get it

edit: lilith, will you make me a holiday avatar for December? i'll send you boston goodies

FUME5

Watched the first 20 minutes of Kingsglaive while on the bike yesterday, that is some impressive / expensive CG action.

jb1234

FFXV is a mess of a game. It's clearly being held together by tape and yet, I'm still playing it even though the story and combat both suck. This is what happens when you're a fanboy. Delusions take hold.

FUME5

PRT is just situps, pushups, run/swim

And I am a fresh purple belt. No stripes.

Nice!

FFXV is a mess of a game. It's clearly being held together by tape and yet, I'm still playing it even though the story and combat both suck. This is what happens when you're a fanboy. Delusions take hold.

I'm actually enjoying the combat, though I wish I could switch the dodge and attack buttons and the lock on / teammate ability triggers.

I spent ~45 minutes at the first fishing spot last night, that old field skills grinding itch kicking in.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Watched the first 20 minutes of Kingsglaive while on the bike yesterday, that is some impressive / expensive CG action.

yeah baby

my copy arrived from amazon today but i won't be able to play until this weekend

played 5 matches of titanfall 2 with my buddy. we got stomped in all of them. that pc matchmaking pool is pretty weak right now, hopefully the free weekend does something.

jb1234

I'm actually enjoying the combat, though I wish I could switch the dodge and attack buttons and the lock on / teammate ability triggers.

I spent ~45 minutes at the first fishing spot last night, that old field skills grinding itch kicking in.

I hate the combat. The camera is a disaster even in the best of scenarios and when there's a mob of enemies, it feels like I have no control over the action whatsoever. I've actually taken to doing the boring fetch quests because they overlevel me and that just makes the battles easier to endure.

(But to be fair, I've hated the combat since the Duscae demo so I figured there wasn't much of a chance they'd appease me in the end.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom