• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Guys, I'm hungry. Please feed me.

642291.jpg

FUME5

Man, I'm in a foul mood today.

Last year we did a bunch of work for a dry cleaners (Vietnamese owned family business) who had been accused of pouring chemicals down a soakwell. They maintained they didn't do it, must have been the previous owners etc...

Long story short, we ended up not completing the works 'cause they owed us ~40 grand, the owner said he was contemplating suicide and so the old man let them off.

We are now working for the guy who owns the land and I'm preparing a document for the Department of Environment and an auditor to review (not what normally happens, but because they've contaminated the neighboring Lot regulations get a lot stricter). As part of this, I've contacted the supplier of the chemicals they use chasing some material safety data sheets to add to my report, it just so happens the lady I spoke to is part of the dry cleaners association, who among other thins arrange for the disposal of these chemcials. Turns out this mob have never arranged a disposal in the 4 years they've been operating, additionally, they make them pay on delivery because they never pay their debts.

So, these fuckers have lied to us and reneged on 40 grand. I woke up at 3 AM last night with this running through my head and couldn't get to sleep for ages because it was pissing me off so much.

I'm going to have to do a bunch of work on the site in the near future, and it's going to be hard not to be giving these fucks death glares as I contemplate the going rate for beatdowns, I'd think you'd be owed quite a few for 40 grand.

On top off that, a new quote request hit my email this morning, so it doesn't look like I'm getting my time off anytime soon. /endrant

I doubt I'll play Last Guardian, neither Ico or SoC impressed me at all, Ico particularly bored me to tears.

Does this sausage come with bacon and do I pass

And this better not be your dick

It's Vaz. Of course it's his dick. 💅🏻

Man, I'm in a foul mood today.

Last year we did a bunch of work for a dry cleaners (Vietnamese owned family business) who had been accused of pouring chemicals down a soakwell. They maintained they didn't do it, must have been the previous owners etc...

Long story short, we ended up not completing the works 'cause they owed us ~40 grand, the owner said he was contemplating suicide and so the old man let them off.

We are now working for the guy who owns the land and I'm preparing a document for the Department of Environment and an auditor to review (not what normally happens, but because they've contaminated the neighboring Lot regulations get a lot stricter). As part of this, I've contacted the supplier of the chemicals they use chasing some material safety data sheets to add to my report, it just so happens the lady I spoke to is part of the dry cleaners association, who among other thins arrange for the disposal of these chemcials. Turns out this mob have never arranged a disposal in the 4 years they've been operating, additionally, they make them pay on delivery because they never pay their debts.

So, these fuckers have lied to us and reneged on 40 grand. I woke up at 3 AM last night with this running through my head and couldn't get to sleep for ages because it was pissing me off so much.

I'm going to have to do a bunch of work on the site in the near future, and it's going to be hard not to be giving these fucks death glares as I contemplate the going rate for beatdowns, I'd think you'd be owed quite a few for 40 grand.

On top off that, a new quote request hit my email this morning, so it doesn't look like I'm getting my time off anytime soon. /endrant

I doubt I'll play Last Guardian, neither Ico or SoC impressed me at all, Ico particularly bored me to tears.
Damn. That's heavy. How does this even get to where it is right now?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That sounds frustrating as hell fume.

ICO was the first (and maybe only?) Game that made me cry.
I cried with Life is Strange and The House in Fata Morgana.

ICO I couldnt be bothered to finish it. I did like something about the aesthetic but thats about it.

The Last of Us made me get choked up a few times but I never outright cried. To be fair though, my sister was dying when ICO came out so the theme hit me harder than it normally would have.

Outside of that though TLoU was definitely the most emotion I felt playing a game fo sho.

Except for anger. There are quite a few games that have made me rage pretty hard.

FUME5

Damn. That's heavy. How does this even get to where it is right now?

Well, the DER hasn't gone after the owner of the dry cleaners because we told them they couldn't pay (when they contacted us asking about where the report was) so they've classified the site as contaminated, which obviously has a big impact on the worth of the land and what can and cannot be done in the future.

So it's now in the land owners interest to have the necessary work done to try and remove the classification.

I'm going to suggest to the old man we sue these fucks for the original debt when we're done anyway. He's a good man, but in light of this new information I doubt he'll be so lenient, but it would also be a huge timesink to chase them for it so who knows.

That sounds frustrating as hell fume.

ICO was the first (and maybe only?) Game that made me cry.

Really? Different strokes I guess.

EDIT

Shit, just saw your next post, my condolences man.

Thanks fume. Aerith death was definitely one of the more memorable moments in games for me. I was in shock.

Also, the death of Grey Fox in MGS hit me pretty hard.

that reminds me... I was playing Ico with my Dad and little brother (who have a playstation and I dont) not too long ago since I kinda missed out on it back in the day. I hoped to finish it before I was moving to another city but it's probably not gonna happen :O I'd have to check how near the end I am, honestly have no clue.

just this little connection makes it a somewhat emotional game for me, even more so because of the whole tone the game has ofc. must be 1000 times more sad with a family member who passed away :( sorry to hear, LookAtMeGo

Thanks trab. Yeah. The game has a pretty special place in my heart. I would imagine I was protecting Yorda like she was my sister when there was nothing I could about it in real life. Its crazy how circumstances in life at a certain point in time can totally shape your experience with a game.

Grown ups still throw tantrums over that game.
Haha no doubt. I got that final bosses pattern down pat now though. Screw whoever thought about warping you all the way back for dying there.

Aerith dying made me cry when I was little because I spent so much time grinding 😭😭😭😭

(Okay okay it was sad when I was little too)

isn't there also some dumb Adam Sandler movie where he plays SotC in order to cope with loss/pain? I only saw the trailer but I could immediately connect to that particular scene. team ico really does make special games

Thanks trab. Yeah. The game has a pretty special place in my heart. I would imagine I was protecting Yorda like she was my sister when there was nothing I could about it in real life. Its crazy how circumstances in life at a certain point in time can totally shape your experience with it.

It's illuminating though. Because what I felt was a shallow emotional ploy can definitely be a powerful moment for someone in a different position, with a different light cast on it. I'm sorry about your sister

Well, the DER hasn't gone after the owner of the dry cleaners because we told them they couldn't pay (when they contacted us asking about where the report was) so they've classified the site as contaminated, which obviously has a big impact on the worth of the land and what can and cannot be done in the future.

So it's now in the land owners interest to have the necessary work done to try and remove the classification.

I'm going to suggest to the old man we sue these fucks for the original debt when we're done anyway. He's a good man, but in light of this new information I doubt he'll be so lenient, but it would also be a huge timesink to chase them for it so who knows.

It's hard because good people still fuck up sometimes. Nobody's perfect. But when you have that cache of "goodness" you can totally leverage it against people to manipulate them. :/

It's illuminating though. Because what I felt was a shallow emotional ploy can definitely be a powerful moment for someone in a different position, with a different light cast on it. I'm sorry about your sister

It's hard because good people still fuck up sometimes. Nobody's perfect. But when you have that cache of "goodness" you can totally leverage it against people to manipulate them. :/

I felt this way about TLoU but everyone seems to get really touched by it so ::shrugs::

FUME5

I feel that way about almost all media, I know I'm being manipulated into a certain response so it falls flat 99% of the time.

Very true, although he's certainly not someone who is easily taken for a ride.

I felt this way about TLoU but everyone seems to get really touched by it so ::shrugs::
My thoughts on That Dragon Cancer too :p

The first one that happens twelve minutes into TLoU is pretty cheap, but the rest of the game goes on for long enough that I felt really invested in the characters. With SotC it's just you don't know who this girl is, where she's from nor what's happened to her, but she's dying so have pity.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
TLoU doesn't even have a good story. Halo has a more engaging plot than TLoU does.

I always defend story in games (I find it integral to the experience) but TLoU was not high brow, phenomenal writing. It was relatively enjoyable, but the near-worship it gets is too much.

It's funny, because I personally think Uncharted 4 had a better told and more interesting story than TLoU, and people tend to rag on UC4 for "trying to be like TLoU." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess zombie apocalypse games don't do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom