• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
That feeling when your code works in one instance that it was failing for other people but also fails in another instance where it was also failing for them. And this after it's been working for months.

Pretty sure coding is just random

lol oh god I don't need help. Age difference is just too much, I can't take it. Would much rather just be back to how things were just hooking up but someone always has to get feelings -_-

A macro thingy to help import info into a system cause the people who make the program void the warrantee if you write directly to the related database

Autoit

weird, do they have an API that connects to the database or something? Never heard of Autoit. I've used python a little for that sort of thing and some basic batch scripts that call ddls.

Misha

Banned
weird, do they have an API that connects to the database or something? Never heard of Autoit. I've used python a little for that sort of thing and some basic batch scripts that call ddls.
It's an erp system and we're not allowed to mess with any of the backend and since the company organizes certain info in excel sheets we need an extra tool to import from one to the other

I use autoit cause the person who originally made the tool used it and also cause autoit simulates clicks. It's similar to autohotkey
But if it's a normal scripting problem I usually use python ruby or node.js depending on my mood

Far too young

lolita-book-cover.png

It's an erp system and we're not allowed to mess with any of the backend and since the company organizes certain info in excel sheets we need an extra tool to import from one to the other

I use autoit cause the person who originally made the tool used it and also cause autoit simulates clicks. It's similar to autohotkey
But if it's a normal scripting problem I usually use python ruby or node.js depending on my mood

that sounds like a pain. good luck!

Misha

Banned
I wish I were solving problems at my job. Fuck I need a new one
I have such an undefined position that I can go from writing code one day to taking inventory the next and then replacing parts of computers or doing order entry for the website or checking the information put in about parts

It's kinda nice but at times it just feels like they'll run out of work for me (they haven't yet of course)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Anybody who tells you they know what they are doing early in a relationship is lying through their teeth. All I know is that I want fun and filth on equal proportions.

Anybody who tells you they know what they are doing early in a relationship is lying through their teeth. All I know is that I want fun and filth on equal proportions.

this is nonsense. if you're at least somewhat serious about someone then you'll know. just going into a relationship bc someone else "got feelings" and you just went along without thinking about it actually angers me. it's playing someone.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
this is nonsense. if you're at least somewhat serious about someone then you'll know. just going into a relationship bc someone else "got feelings" and you just went along without thinking about it actually angers me. it's playing someone.
There's a difference between getting into a relationship because your partner is serious about it (which doesn't make any sense) and finding yourself in that situation and then roll with it. Case example, my girlfriend got a bad case of the feelings early in our relationship. I didn't want anything serious but I kept going because, hey, she's awesome, we were having fun and maybe things could get serious down the line (even if I wasn't looking for something serious at that moment). It took quite a while to get reciprocal. But I'm dead sure that early in our relationships none of us had any idea of where we were going, other than the movies and the bedroom.

You can't expect two people to fall in love at the same time nor feel the same about being in a relationship. The key (and pretty much the only thing you can do, really) is being respectful.

Holy hell, the Ginsburg nipple scene in Mad Men.

slkgjdjfskldfjasdjfl;akdf ��

I guess that's what it is to reach the deep end.

RIP, Ginsburg's sanity.

There's a difference between getting into a relationship because your partner is serious about it (which doesn't make any sense) and finding yourself in that situation and then roll with it. Case example, my girlfriend got a bad case of the feelings early in our relationship. I didn't want anything serious but I kept going because, hey, she's awesome, we were having fun and maybe things could get serious down the line (even if I wasn't looking for something serious at that moment). It took quite a while to get reciprocal. But I'm dead sure that early in our relationships none of us had any idea of where we were going, other than the movies and the bedroom.

You can't expect two people to fall in love at the same time nor feel the same about being in a relationship. The key (and pretty much the only thing you can do, really) is being respectful.

I guess that's what it is to reach the deep end.

I would never get into a relationship without being sure I wanna be with that person and do relationshippy stuff with them too. if you're not ready it's okay to say so and continue more casual for the time being but it's weird to have no serious intentions at all and still agree on making it official. idk I just don't understand this.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Getting into a relationship just because someone else wanted it? I don't get this. This is how dependencies and shit evolve. Just bad for everyone all around. Just wtf.

Chuckie

Getting in a relationship while you're not sure you want it sounds like a recipe for disaster.
It will sometimes work out but at least 9 out of 10 times it will just hurt the person who did want the relationship. Why not just say you're not ready yet?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I feel like maybe I have a different concept of what being in a relationship means.

I consider being in a relationship as dating regularly somebody in exclusive terms. Nothing else, nothing more. I can do that without having any particular expectations. There's no signed agreement nor a memorandum of understanding. As a matter of fact, I've rarely dated more than one person at once (barring a particularly crazy period of my life) and I usually go "stable" if things stick after a month. Maybe my definition is a bit lax, IDK.

I have such an undefined position that I can go from writing code one day to taking inventory the next and then replacing parts of computers or doing order entry for the website or checking the information put in about parts

It's kinda nice but at times it just feels like they'll run out of work for me (they haven't yet of course)

Is this a full time position? Sounds like a crazy shop!

I dont usually go into relationships with too many expectations. I like when they happen organically and shit just happens on its own. I dont like to come with any set rules and regulations. If we fall for each other and we have the talk about being exclusive or whatever then we are "together". I guess its how you define relationship. You can have a relationship with someone and still just be dating. I loke to use the term "commited relationship" once things become serious. Before then I'm just "seeing somebody".

Its like, is she my girlfriend or just a girl I'm seeing. There is a huge difference to me. Both of them a form of relationship.

I don't consider it a relationship until the words boyfriend or girlfriend start getting thrown around.

Mine is several months younger than me :O #robbingthecradle 👩*❤️*💋*👩

Is there any effective distinction between calling a gang hit and a police hit?
Yeah. If you call a police hit on security guards they almost always go quietly instead of running or putting up a fight. I think they have better firepower and armor though. Also you can potentially start a threeway if the skirmish lasts long enough for the cooldown so that you can have both an active police hit and gang hit.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't consider it a relationship until the words boyfriend or girlfriend start getting thrown around.

Mine is several months younger than me :O #robbingthecradle 👩*❤️*💋*👩

Yeah. If you call a police hit on security guards they almost always go quietly instead of running or putting up a fight. I think they have better firepower and armor though. Also you can potentially start a threeway if the skirmish lasts long enough for the cooldown so that you can have both an active police hit and gang hit.

I upgraded my gang invasion thingy to the second highest. I was up to some amazing hijinks with it to complete some objectives. Gonna make a gif or something from the footage.

The only downside is sometimes the gangsters I call in decide to attack me, and they're now armored and really hard to kill.

I upgraded my gang invasion thingy to the second highest. I was up to some amazing hijinks with it to complete some objectives. Gonna make a gif or something from the footage.

The only downside is sometimes the gangsters I call in decide to attack me, and they're now armored and really hard to kill.

Stand a healthy distance away and watch shit go down in you quadcopter.

#trabhalp
What?

Congrats on the family though

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Im closer. Get me pregnant.

Is that gay sex slang for
raw buttstuff
?

My token gay friend™ also uses that line among many others. And of course, he takes great pleasure in answering my questions with the most lurid details.

No matter how crude we str8s are, gay men can be ten times worse. It's almost admirable.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is that gay sex slang for
raw buttstuff
?

My token gay friend™ also uses that line among many others. And of course, he takes great pleasure in answering my questions with the most lurid details.

No matter how crude we str8s are, gay men are ten times worse. It's almost admirable.

Sounds like a wager.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm not really crude at all though. :( I can barely bring myself to vaguely hint at whatever gross thing I might have done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom