• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
thisdrinkanother.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Erica's wearing leggings with question marks on them. She hasn't asked me to riddle her anything yet though -- Or challenged me to any races

Chuckie

why ashamed? I hear it's pretty good.

It is a guilty pleasure. I'd never call it a good show.

It reminds me a bit of a soap series...but with really powerful vampires and wolves.
I say soap series because the characters who are all family friends or lovers constantly betray each other and then forgive each other a week later. Or there are these really contrived plots that force characters to work together (and because of that forget their grievances again)

The actors are hot though. And I can't stop watching.

Jobbs

Banned
i thought we all agreed reviews are bunk

what did you do

They are. But if I know what other people think the game is supposed to be it colors how I experience it whether I like it or not.

I don't usually make a big deal out of this, obviously, but on these really rare games I'd rather just play it without knowing anything.

They are. But if I know what other people think the game is supposed to be it colors how I experience it whether I like it or not.

I don't usually make a big deal out of this, obviously, but on these really rare games I'd rather just play it without knowing anything.

Ah I understand that. Sometimes even just one post here will change my perception of stuff. It's tough to keep an open mind these days.

Stayed up all night writing a paper X doing stat homework lol
Never tried 5 hour energy drink, thought it'd help but didn't

Yeah that stuff sucks. Give me coffee or a red bull any day.
I had a few all nighters in college where I took vyvance to stay up, and the crash was absolutely abysmal. Especially if I tried to go out drinking afterwards 8(

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Yo Jobbs if the gf is into puntuation get her to look up Matthew Lesko.

giphy.gif

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I expect TLG reviews to cause hate. Trico being intentionally obtuse plus previews saying it felt like a ps2 game don't bode well.

Jobbs

Banned
Running the gamut from 4 to 9 rn.

It also looks like it has massive technical problems

Ah man I was trying to avoid reviews, but the fact that they vary so much shouldn't color me too bad.

I like obtuse things. I guess we'll see.

Also apparently it runs at a stable 30 on a pro, and I have a pro, so no worries. I was never expected a 60 fps game anyway.

What I liked so much about SOTC -- one of the things -- is how it was just different from other games. It thought different, it was different. That's what I'm hoping for with this game and if it means it's a bit obtuse or unwieldy then I don't mind.

Jobbs

Banned
One of my favorite games is Alien Isolation, and its reviews also had a great deal of variance (in large part because the game was a bit different and some reviewers had trouble quickly putting it into a box) so we'll seeeee. I'm kinda regretting going physical on this one because it'd be nice to play tonight. Oh well.

I just bought my PS4 in May of this year, so I can't really justify getting a Pro at this point. Maybe a few years down the line when the Pro Pro is announced.

I dunno about hard, got a permanent spinal injury that puts a low limit on what strength gains I can achieve. This year I've been a bit spotty about it, after I slack off completely for three weeks over Danadan I'll have to be dedicated again and get rid of some of this belly fat, maybe go back to no booze or weed during the week as well for a few months, we'll see. You juicy bulking?

Do it brother!!

I stopped 3 weeks in because something came up but in like two weeks I'll be back on it and ready to blow back up

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man, I hate when people present opinion as fact on the internet.

"This game sucks"

"I liked it."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE WRONG"

People can be so derisive for no reason.

FloatOn

Man, I hate when people present opinion as fact on the internet.

"This game sucks"

"I liked it."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE WRONG"

People can be so derisive for no reason.

It's weird how people have so much of their self-worth wrapped up in things they like. If you happen to dislike something someone else likes it's as if you are insulting them personally.

It irks me a bit when people talk shit about radiohead or interstellar but in the end these are just things so who gives a shit.

Chuckie

It's weird how people have so much of their self-worth wrapped up in things they like. If you happen to dislike something someone else likes it's as if you are insulting them personally.

It irks me a bit when people talk shit about radiohead or interstellar but in the end these are just things so who gives a shit.

For me it is almost the opposite. I like shit everybody hates. Like Sucker Punch, Suicide Squad and The Dark Knight Rises.
I usually stay quiet about that on Gaf though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom