• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Okay name dozen's (meaning at least a couple groups of twelve) of people who have the looks, talent and maturity to play Bond.
I only ask you to do this since you said "literally" and I can't think of a single one, this can't be right, I know my hot talented mature Englishmen quite well.
EDIT: I am kidding clearly but I am firm on my Craig is Bond stance, if you could name at least one person you think could replace him i'm all ears
Emily blunt

And no don't replace the Bond girls with bond guys, keep the Bond girls ;)

FloatOn

Is my beard evil 😈

TIH7hOwl.jpg

Okay name dozen's (meaning at least a couple groups of twelve) of people who have the looks, talent and maturity to play Bond.
I only ask you to do this since you said "literally" and I can't think of a single one, this can't be right, I know my hot talented mature Englishmen quite well.
EDIT: I am kidding clearly but I am firm on my Craig is Bond stance, if you could name at least one person you think could replace him i'm all ears

If Craig is your only Bond ever, then I am sorry but you're being narrow minded and not open at all to the different possibilities they could take the franchise in. And you are setting yourself up for disappointment for when Craig inevitably moves on.

And I'm not going to sit here and list a bunch of people, because anyone in Hollywood with an accent and any ounce of charisma mixed with a certain fierceness could play Bond. It depends on what they want to do going forward.

For the record I am totally on team Emily Blunt for Bond. Fuck the idea that Bond has to be a man. Or if you wanna stay with that Y chromosome, Idris Elba is my second pick.

I mean, there's been 6 other Bonds already if memory serves.

Fluvian

Banned
If Craig is your only Bond ever, then I am sorry but you're being narrow minded and not open at all to the different possibilities they could take the franchise in. And you are setting yourself up for disappointment for when Craig inevitably moves on.

And I'm not going to sit here and list a bunch of people, because anyone in Hollywood with an accent and any ounce of charisma mixed with a certain fierceness could play Bond. It depends on what they want to do going forward.

For the record I am totally on team Emily Blunt for Bond. Fuck the idea that Bond has to be a man. Or if you wanna stay with that Y chromosome, Idris Elba is my second pick.

1. I'm sorry but that shows me you lack appreciation for the little things that make Bond what he is, he's more than a handsome charming guy, theres so many little things, revealing looks, mannerisms and lets not kid ourselves the look is fucking everything (not his muscles or chizzled face, the image) and Daniel Craig looks like James Bond, unlike most of the actors who preceded him he made himself iconic in the role..
2. I'm not even going to address the Bondette idea because it's so implausible to actually happen and the idea bores me (I love you Emily Blunt, there are better roles out there for you than a cheap re-working of a male character)
3. Idris Elba is actually a total contender in my book, the only problem being that they would have to restart the whole franchise again, I mean you can't keep the same timeline and have Bond out of nowhere become a black guy and no one says anything about it, that would just be immersion shattering.
I'm sorry but for someone who claimed their were literally dozens of people who could play him you've only put fourth a half hearted second suggestion

Fluvian

Banned
I just want lesbian action movies. Can we convince them to dump Steve Trevor from the Wonder Woman movie?

People keep saying this and I find it unfortunate, I feel Steve being in the movie leaves room for one of the most heart wrenching moments in DC comics to come on screen.
When WW visits Steve in a nursing home when he's like 90, they even did it in the JL cartoon and it tugged my heart strings.

Also nobody working under Zach Snyder would be that brave, let's not forget the "boy lovers" jokes in 300, a movie about a bunch of guys who were notorious for fucking each other before and after fighting.

Misha

Banned
pls. stupid romanceguy subplot lines ruin everything.
I'm fine with the idea that he's her connection to the world of man and she's completely oblivious that he's into her buuuut I don't trust writers to keep it that way.
People keep saying this and I find it unfortunate, I feel Steve being in the movie leaves room for one of the most heart wrenching moments in DC comics to come on screen.
When WW visits Steve in a nursing home when he's like 90, they even did it in the JL cartoon and it tugged my heart strings.

Also nobody working under Zach Snyder would be that brave, let's not forget the "boy lovers" jokes in 300, a movie about a bunch of guys who were notorious for fucking each other before and after fighting.
Marvel beat them to it anyway

1. I'm sorry but that shows me you lack appreciation for the little things that make Bond what he is, he's more than a handsome charming guy, theres so many little things, revealing looks, mannerisms and lets not kid ourselves the look is fucking everything (not his muscles or chizzled face, the image) and Daniel Craig looks like James Bond, unlike most of the actors who preceded him he made himself iconic in the role..
2. I'm not even going to address the Bondette idea because it's so implausible to actually happen and the idea bores me (I love you Emily Blunt, there are better roles out there for you than a cheap re-working of a male character)
3. Idris Elba is actually a total contender in my book, the only problem being that they would have to restart the whole franchise again, I mean you can't keep the same timeline and have Bond out of nowhere become a black guy and no one says anything about it, that would just be immersion shattering.
I'm sorry but for someone who claimed their were literally dozens of people who could play him you've only put fourth a half hearted second suggestion

So the things I'm getting from this post are:

1. Only white men can play Bond
2. Strong, independent, badass women are boring
3. Preserving the timeline is more important than trying new things and evolving as a franchise

And I'm on my phone and running on 3h of sleep so actually listing dozens of Bond characters is so low on my list of priorities and honestly I don't give a fuck about it in my current state

Jobbs

Banned
I don't give a shit about Bond all together.

But I'd say let's make Bond a black woman because the salt would be amazing

Fluvian

Banned
So the things I'm getting from this post are:

1. Only white men can play Bond
2. Strong, independent, badass women are boring
3. Preserving the timeline is more important than trying new things and evolving as a franchise

And I'm on my phone and running on 3h of sleep so actually listing dozens of Bond characters is so low on my list of priorities and honestly I don't give a fuck about it in my current state

Let me re-write what were clearly thinking with those numbered points.

1. You're racist
2. You're sexist
3. Why would the timeline mean anything and you certainly can't do new things whilst also maintaining what's been established.

Now heres my response.

1. I said I like Elba and I'm all for him, fuck it reboot the movies I was just saying what the one problem with that might be.
2. I didn't say that, if you want I can dig up my fawning review of Sicario and how great i thought Blunt and her character was. If you wanted to do a female Bond you would have to change a lot of shit to the point where it wouldn't be Bond and you would just be calling her Bond because. Or you could have Emily Blunt play a man.

3. Preserving the timeline is what's important to the studio, because established low risk things tend to make more money, obviously studio people are the ones who make the decisions, thus why that might prevent them from casting Elba.
Thank you for not only the implied accusation of Racism, but also for the implied accusation of sexism, I just adore having my words twisted around on me.

Why don't you get that nights sleep and take your "I don't give a fuck" attitude out on someone else.

They reboot the fucking bond time line everytime there's a new actor FFS

That's some of the stupidest reasoning I've ever heard to keep someone in that role lmao

FloatOn

I don't really care about Bond. The franchise is just kind of there.

I'm waiting on a girl version of Dr.Who. It blows my mind they haven't had one yet.

Let me re-write what were clearly thinking with those numbered points.

1. You're racist
2. You're sexist
3. Why would the timeline mean anything and you certainly can't do new things whilst also maintaining what's been established.

Now heres my response.

1. I said I like Elba and I'm all for him, fuck it reboot the movies I was just saying what the one problem with that might be.
2. I didn't say that, if you want I can dig up my fawning review of Sicario and how great i thought Blunt and her character was. If you wanted to do a female Bond you would have to change a lot of shit to the point where it wouldn't be Bond and you would just be calling her Bond because. Or you could have Emily Blunt play a man.

3. Preserving the timeline is what's important to the studio, because established low risk things tend to make more money, obviously studio people are the ones who make the decisions, thus why that might prevent them from casting Elba.
Thank you for not only the implied accusation of Racism, but also for the implied accusation of sexism, I just adore having my words twisted around on me.

Why don't you get that nights sleep and take your "I don't give a fuck" attitude out on someone else.

Listen dude I'm only interpreting what you yourself said, and you're not helping your case any with your response.

You may be for Elba, but you're against him ultimately for the sole reason that he's black. Feel free to correct me at any given point in time, by the way. I'm only quoting what you yourself said. "Bond can't be black, it would ruin the timeline!!!1111!!!!!!" So basically, Elba would be great, but it can't happen because of the color of his skin. It's only a fucking problem if people like you make it out to be one.

The idea of Emily Blunt being Bond bores you. Why? Because, and I quote, it would be a "cheap re-working of a male character". So basically what you're saying here is that the male version is better and anything else is just a poor imitation. Got it. So are ANY women eligible for the role, in your eyes? Or would that, too, be a "ruining" of the purity of the Bond films?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Fluvian living up strongly to the needy fuckboi mentality. Holy shit. I couldn't have wrote that shit better if I was intentionally trying to parody.

FloatOn

There's only two things people associate with Bond films:

1) English spy
2) Revolving door of actors

Nobody actually gives a damn about some timeline.

I wasn't even aware that there was a timeline. In fact, I just recently learned that there is some kind of Zelda timeline. What the hell is that?

Misha

Banned
noted. I barely pay attention to video game stories unless they are particularly good.
Wait till you hear about the Mario universe timeline
Haha X-Men Apocalypse is so dumb. The CG looks terrible, too.

Pretty much the only good thing is Quicksilver
It was humorous in a "so bad it's bad but it's funny that I would watch a movie that's this bad" kind of way

Jobbs

Banned
Wait till you hear about the Mario universe timeline

It was humorous in a "so bad it's bad but it's funny that I would watch a movie that's this bad" kind of way

I'm watching the final battle scene now and it has descended into absolute schlock. The CG is 90s tier at times

Also did Professor X
just lose his hair for the second time? Didn't that also happen in 1st class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom