• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were some your favorite cheat codes? :)
I used the debug mode in Sonic 2 nearly every time I played once I learned about it. That was probably my favorite.

The codes for NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat were great too. For the former, infinite turbo was my go to.

In GTA: San Andreas, it was always invincibility, infinite ammo, jetpack and parachute. Plus there was one for making all the NPCs attack you. Good times.

Yeah the Mortal Kombat cheats were great. One button fatalities in MK3 was amazing back in the day.

Game genie was the shit.

I had fun with the cheats in GTA3.

Twisted metal 2 had hidden levels which was pretty cool.

Loved to have unlimited slowmo in any games that had it. Max Payne, RDR ect.

The infinite lives in Super Mario bros was awesome.

I used the cheats in Tomb Raider on PS1 a lot

Game Genie was really popular— cheat codes for everything. I used to think poorly of my cousins for using it but I used one whenever I could. 99 lives? OK!
I had some cheap knockoff game genie/mod thingamajig that I bought from GameStop. It also allowed me to play import titles on my ps1. I bought it along with Dragonball GT: Final Bout.

Chuckie

Game Genie was really popular— cheat codes for everything. I used to think poorly of my cousins for using it but I used one whenever I could. 99 lives? OK!

A 'friend' of mine once borrowed F-Zero from me and when he gave it back there were all totally impossible course records on it. What a cunt.

Did anyone else have this game Incredible Crisis? It was so weird, and I loved it. It is basically just mini-games, but I had so much fun. I still have my copy, and last played it earlier this year. Smash TV was my shit too. Me and my cousin would play it together all the time. And Klax was/is one of my favorite puzzle games.

They are shittier than the boy bands they parody in their 'edgy' music video. So fuck you.

...I don't think they were going for edgy. More just dumb.

Also no.

No that's Bethan's job.

Lol.

...true.

Haven't heard a blink song before

---

Dammit that Dennis avatar too effective

What's your opinion pop-punk? They're good if you're into that sort of thing. I'm kind of impressed that you haven't heard any though

Chuckie

No, they are making fun of the Backstreet Boys (which is fine by me because they suck too) because back in those days it was of course totally uncool to be a boy band.
But if you look back at this video clip (and especially the segments where they are NOT the backstreet boys) you find out that they are in fact not as cool as they think they are.

The idea behind the clip is to set a clear opposition of stupid boy bands and supercool real bands. However when I saw this clip a while ago on TV, I was thinking....you are also not that cool :p

No, they are making fun of the Backstreet Boys (which is fine by me because they suck too) because back in those days it was of course totally uncool to be a boy band.
But if you look back at this video clip (and especially the segments where they are NOT the backstreet boys) you find out that they are in fact not as cool as they think they are.

The idea behind the clip is to set a clear opposition of stupid boy bands and supercool real bands. However when I saw this clip a while ago on TV, I was thinking....you are also not that cool :p

No I got it

But this is a band who, on the same album (which itself was called Enema of the State), have a song called Dysentery Gary

They are not trying to be cool, they were just fucking around

I think we killed the thread Rob.
I'm blaming you

Also Bethan keeps leaving marks, goddamnit

uiv2iMol.jpg

And that's just the top fifth/quarter of it

Numb

Also no.

Lol.

...true.

What's your opinion pop-punk? They're good if you're into that sort of thing. I'm kind of impressed that you haven't heard any though
After googling and seeing what bands came up seems like I only ever heard some Green Day and the one song about Twilight Paramore made on MTV by accident

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Blink are garbage. They are the shitty mainstream filtered down lily version of 90s west coast punk.

Also, I'll never get the Internet obsession of sitting on U2. U2 have created 4-5 absolutely flawless records and have an absolutely incredible body of work. Can they be hypocrites? Yes. Is Bono a bit full of himself? Absolutely. But they have done actual good and their catalog is brilliant aside from that shitty free album.

Chuckie

Blink are garbage. They are the shitty mainstream filtered down lily version of 90s west coast punk.

Also, I'll never get the Internet obsession of sitting on U2. U2 have created 4-5 absolutely flawless records and have an absolutely incredible body of work. Can they be hypocrites? Yes. Is Bono a bit full of himself? Absolutely. But they have done actual good and their catalog is brilliant aside from that shitty free album.

I love you.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Blink was fine when I was in my early teens in the same idiotic way I used to like Eminem because they left some impression either with the MV or the absurd music at the time. U2 continues to be trash but they have a few enjoyable songs here and there. (That reminds me I used to stan Limp Bizkit The Chocolate Starfished and The Hot Dog Flavored Water. Shoot me)

In other news bless this weather. Way less hotter than PR

my step grandmother died and now all her stuff is picked apart and being distributed among the family. it feels like feeding off the dead

also: has anyone else the problem of fb going nuts when you click a picture on pc?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Westworld is so great, two episodes in at least. It's the right level of stimulating, juggling standard narrative and mysteries with proper science fiction thought experiments that combined have me totally engaged. And I think that's what really draws me; so far these two facets of story telling and themes are not separate but interwoven. The mystery is related to the study of the definition of consciousness, identity and purpose, and the nature of a perceived reality. It's cleverly layering its themes and concepts with a lot of intelligent duality, in tandem with the character driven mystery and adventure.

I'm very surprised it's as good as it is.

my step grandmother died and now all her stuff is picked apart and being distributed among the family. it feels like feeding off the dead

Sorry to hear. That's butts.

I wonder if bus will beat train to my college
Let's find out

Why do I feel like I have anxiety , that's next week during mid terms, not this week
I'm running on 3 hours sleep though

Jobbs

Banned
WTG Fumesy

Something like this happened when my grandfather died. My uncle who never saw any of us and never saw my Grampa came and cleaned out a bunch of stuff for himself >:|

I'd just assumed it would be a 1977 Shortbox.

It probably will be, just need to find a decent picture of mine. I only have a few available sadly, and taking current ones isn't possible as it's parked in my dads pole barn for the winter already. I just wanted something for filler, I felt like the odd man out without one.

Also, Revel Stoke whiskey is fucking brutal. Doesn't even get me a buzz after two stiff drinks, but this morning headache is horrid. Ugh.

jb1234

Westworld is so great, two episodes in at least. It's the right level of stimulating, juggling standard narrative and mysteries with proper science fiction thought experiments that combined have me totally engaged. And I think that's what really draws me; so far these two facets of story telling and themes are not separate but interwoven. The mystery is related to the study of the definition of consciousness, identity and purpose, and the nature of a perceived reality. It's cleverly layering its themes and concepts with a lot of intelligent duality, in tandem with the character driven mystery and adventure.

I'm very surprised it's as good as it is

I need to watch this.

Numb

I'm very surprised it's as good as it is.

Sorry to hear. That's butts.
giving it a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom