• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drunk. AMA.

Kiss me.

Where at?
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S.
I'm sure you interview fine, but if you want any tips (give it's my job) let me know.

What's in the tubs?

congrats :D

is it in alaska?

OMG. Good luck! What is it for?

Ugh fuck why am I getting ill today?! HOW THE FUCK IS THAT FAIR?! :c

This weekend is WTFest :c

GOOD LUCK!

thanks guys :)
it's at different editorial offices based in Berlin that work together so I'll switch between them. they are all about movies/games.

I got a job interview 😱😱😱❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉

Good luck 😀

I feel like such an idiot , my 9 am professor canceled class at 5 pm yesterday and I could have slept in, blah I need to check my student email more often

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dont have the job yet :l only the interview

Interview indicates everything on the piece of paper, your resume/cv, meets necessary criteria. Ergo additional variables can only be gauged face-to-face. It's a good sign, as on paper you're mint.

Getting the interview is 90% of the battle. I got faith in ya to get it done.
thx <3
Interview indicates everything on the piece of paper, your resume/cv, meets necessary criteria. Ergo additional variables can only be gauged face-to-face. It's a good sign, as on paper you're mint.

thx <3 you're mint!

_______

I just got skype for the interview (I really never used it before)... does it usually take that long to set up an account? :S it keeps loading something for ages now

Misha

Banned
I just got skype for the interview (I really never used it before)... does it usually take that long to set up an account? :S it keeps loading something for ages now
Skype seems to gets slower every year.

But in terms of interviews, since you got the qualifications to get the interview in the first place, the main thing is being straight forward and positive IMO. They like to see confidence and excitement about the opprotunity (or at least that's what it seemed they responded well to in my interviews)

You should do great :)

______

monster.com said:
Game Developer Jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
9 Jobs Found

Woooo tech hotbed....

Hmmm unity has a few openings tho

Skype seems to gets slower every year.

But in terms of interviews, since you got the qualifications to get the interview in the first place, the main thing is being straight forward and positive IMO. They like to see confidence and excitement about the opprotunity (or at least that's what it seemed they responded well to in my interviews)

You should do great :)

______

Woooo tech hotbed....

Hmmm unity has a few openings tho
there's also a test tho :O I have to show my knowledge about journalism/games/shows/movies. I have no idea what will happen tbh. I could still fail miserably

Misha

Banned
there's also a test tho :O I have to show my knowledge about journalism/games/shows/movies. I have no idea what will happen tbh. I could still fail miserably
That's interesting. I had a few brief questions about programming in my interviews but nothing extensive. Just basic "explain object oriented programming" "what is sql used for". Hopefully it's more like that for you than like a full blown test

That's interesting. I had a few brief questions about programming in my interviews but nothing extensive. Just basic "explain object oriented programming" "what is sql used for". Hopefully it's more like that for you than like a full blown test

yeah I hope so too :O

FloatOn

Happens to me all the time, I love these!

Tell the story!

it requires a bit of context.

I met her a couple years ago when I used to have to travel out of state for work. I was doing work in Dallas. She was doing in work in Dallas (she's from Austin). We hooked up at the hotel. Every few months I would have to go back to Dallas and she worked it out to also be there during those times. We stayed in touch and have built a pretty good friendship.

I took a trip to see her in Austin awhile ago and it was a great time. But since I was pretty screwed up from the divorce still and because of the geographic distance I didn't allow myself to have actual romantic feelings for her.

Recently we have been talking more and she is going to try to work it out to come and see me in December :eek:

I'm kind of into her. but, again, long distance relationships never work out so..... ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Nerdkiller

Membeur
For you Overwatch fans...

trump-billboard-1200x675.jpg

Looked in the Summer Lesson thread and I couldn't tell if a couple of the posts were real. Dudes seemingly bothered by the fact that you can't look up the character's skirt is just...weird as fuck. The characters look young, and how the fuck does looking at panties do anything for you? But maybe (hopefully) they weren't serious.

----

Good luck with your interviews, Vaz and Trab!

I'm kind of into her. but, again, long distance relationships never work out so..... ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
They aren't impossible but they are really really fucking hard to pull off. I know I can't do one, the longest relationship I ever had (2 1/2 years) ended in like 2 months of being apart lol. But my friend managed to pull it off while they were at separate colleges even and they got married last year so it's doable

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Looked in the Summer Lesson thread and I couldn't tell if a couple of the posts were real. Dudes seemingly bothered by the fact that you can't look up the character's skirt is just...weird as fuck. The characters look young, and how the fuck does looking at panties do anything for you? But maybe (hopefully) they weren't serious.

----

GAF pervs are never joking

I've gotten into my fair share of arguments with them before. It's crazy what they will defend.

Last time you bought shoes?
Favorite perfume/cologne?
Last purchase?
Condoms or no condoms?
Paper or plastic?
Pancakes or waffles?

- A month or two ago. Tried shoe shopping via Amazon and had to return 2 pairs before I found a pair that didn't murder my feet.
- Don't use
- A Jimmy John's sandwich
- Condoms, duh
- Plastic
- Waffles all day

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I lasted about five months until they eventually cheated on me. Then he tried to apologize, but I hung up on her.

This person used multiple pronouns
That sucks. First I was cheated on me the whole time we were together and the second I ended up friends with my ex after a few rough months of headbutting. It's all about the person you are dealing with really.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anyone you wanna slap or punch?
What would you like to see different in the world?
Is there something you wish something you could change about yourself?
What is the best thing about yourself?
Weirdest thing you have eaten?
Worst thing you have eaten?
How many licks to get to the middle of a tootsie pop?

FloatOn

Not at the moment
Clean and free energy for all
Working kidneys would be great
I have an insane work ethic
Gator
Black licorice
I just bite the damn thing

- Yes, a few. But I cant remember at the moment.
- Less racism tbh
- My looks
- How calm I am all the time
- Beef jerky cookies
- A tie between broccoli and oatmeal

Numb

----

Some are joking
And others aren't . And they are more than you think

• I'd slap Alycia-Debnam's butt, get punched out by Em.
  • ISPs/mobile carriers who try to siphon money from customers by throttling their network speeds with deplorable and anti-consumer tactics.
  • More ambitious, maybe?
  • I can cook mean ass chili.
  • A box of Jelly Belly mystery flavor beans.
  • A box of Jelly Belly mystery flavor beans, but biting into a black one that ended up tasting like skunk ass.
  • I don't know, you don't know, Bill Nye won't ever know, fucking Rasputin didn't know. The world may never know!

Donald Trump and all of his minions
For technology to rapidly advance so we can explore the universe
My weight
My smile
Unprocessed syrup, tastes like wood
Ass, I caught strepthroat
Iunno

Misha

Banned
How do you calm down when there's something you're justifiably angry about? Just wait till you forget/try to distract yourself? I don't like leaving things unresolved so those options annoy me a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom