• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Worst ways to be beaten:

5. "Up"
4. "So badly his own mother wouldn't recognise him
3. "Within an inch of his life"
2. "To death"
1. "At SSB with opponent using jigglypuff and wiimote"

Worst ways to be beaten:

5. "Up"
4. "So badly his own mother wouldn't recognise him
3. "Within an inch of his life"
2. "To death"
1. "At SSB with opponent using jigglypuff and wiimote"

Edit: Dammit Trashuman!

FUME5

I'm just glad none of the fucking cowards who have mobbed or blindsided me managed to do any lasting damage.

Weak cunts.

Wow this girl is awesome

We have a lot in common and she cute af

Yay! :D

We clearly have radically different ideas of what constitutes a great game

Probably. I mean I think Watch Dogs is a great game. But seriously half of these games wish they were better games and the other half wishes they lived up to their previous entries. Hyrule Warriors wishes it was Dynasty Warriors, and DW isn't even good. Splatoon isn't good at being a platformer nor a shooter, and about as good at combining the two as a spork combines a spoon and a fork. Ratchet & Clank has been doing that better for over a decade. Lego City Undercover is bad as a Lego game and it's even worse as an open world game. Mario Kart has never been the best karting franchise and 8 does nothing to improve upon it except finally being in HD. Mario Maker is basically LittleBigPlanet except everyone forgives its bad floaty physics because of the name brand. Also I've never played a Platinum game and enjoyed it, but that's just a matter of taste.

Crazy. 3D world, Bayo 2, Capt Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Tokyo Mirage, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, DKTF, Lego City, Wonderful 101, MK8, Mario Maker. All fantastic exclusives.

Xiao Hu

Probably. I mean I think Watch Dogs is a great game. But seriously half of these games wish they were better games and the other half wishes they lived up to their previous entries. Hyrule Warriors wishes it was Dynasty Warriors, and DW isn't even good. Splatoon isn't good at being a platformer nor a shooter, and about as good at combining the two as a spork combines a spoon and a fork. Ratchet & Clank has been doing that better for over a decade. Lego City Undercover is bad as a Lego game and it's even worse as an open world game. Mario Kart has never been the best karting franchise and 8 does nothing to improve upon it except finally being in HD. Mario Maker is basically LittleBigPlanet except everyone forgives its bad floaty physics because of the name brand. Also I've never played a Platinum game and enjoyed it, but that's just a matter of taste.

Except for M8 I agree on every point. Nintendo got really boring in the last two generations which makes the prospect of a 'Nintendo only' console pretty horrifying :S

After a very busy day at work, I have a lot to do tonight!
Watching the Scream TV series 'movie' (Bex Taylor-Klaus <3)
Watching the debate.
Voting in a council election (postal vote, I hadn't realised the deadline approached so fast)
Watching Mario Party Party 7 (Giant Bomb video I didn't expect today)
Getting the Android 7.1 developer preview unexpectedly today
NX trailer surprise
Also Resident Evil Revelations 2 going on sale on PSN so I bought that
and Resident Evil 4 again, also on sale

So many things at once!

I wanna go home &#128542;&#128542;&#128542; But i gotta wait for my coworkers to come back from lunch

The worst :(

Except for M8 I agree on every point. Nintendo got really boring in the last two generations which makes the prospect of a 'Nintendo only' console pretty horrifying :S

Yeah. I'll gladly admit to being biased though. I was raised on PlayStation so the only Nintendo I like is cherry-picked from their offerings. If NX is super cool then great! But personally I'm finding it hard to care yet.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I love/hate the Wii U. It has some of my favourite Nintendo games. But it's also a disaster of a console that truly epitomised the "gathering dust" meme for me. Insanely great highs, pretty goddamn awful lows.

But eh. Nintendo still produces some of the best software in the medium, as far as I'm concerned. So even their failure/disappointing hardware is still in the long run, for me, worth the investment. Like I know even if I fucking hate what Nintendo does as a whole, the bits and pieces I love more than make up for it. If I didn't have a Wii U I wouldn't have got to play Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, and Splatoon.

Meanwhile Bloodborne is the only game on my PS4 to blow me away.

But that's just the trials and tribulations of multi platform gaming. Economically Sony/Microsoft consoles are continually far worse investments for me, since I buy any multiplatform game on PC. Sony's exclusives are consistently awful to me sans the odd gem here and there, meaning I don't actually buy a lot for the hardware. Especially true these days when nearly every game is on PC too, and Microsoft have double downed on PC releases for first party titles.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna go home &#128542;&#128542;&#128542; But i gotta wait for my coworkers to come back from lunch

Or do you?

web_Mannequin_ALH.jpg

Another drunk guy sat next to me on the bus this time and said something but i just looked away and ignored him. Why do i attract these people so much jxdlvhglöjfx just leave me alone i don't want interaction with people

DrM

Redmond's Baby
GAF servers will probably go RIP in two hour's time

Another drunk guy sat next to me on the bus this time and said something but i just looked away and ignored him. Why do i attract these people so much jxdlvhglöjfx just leave me alone i don't want interaction with people

He probably saw the empty seat before he even noticed you

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Yay! :D

I disagree on literally every single point there, lol. But tastes are different. I personally think Uncharted 4 is the most boring thing in the world and watch_dogs I quit like 20 minutes in because the MC was absolutely unbearable to me.

Jobbs

Banned
Uncharted 4 bored me to tears and i think I actually hate the game. I had a similar reaction as holly to watch dogs but ill admit I had some fun dicking around and doing the convoy missions. The hacking stuff completely failed in every way and the only fun there was just messing around as if it's GTA (GTA being more games that I hate, btw)

&#128534;

Why is everyone always drunk? &#9760;

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
&#128534;

Why is everyone always drunk? &#9760;

because life is suffering and alcohol is an affordable way to numb the pain of living

Jobbs

Banned
Maybe I just have an unusual physiology but alcohol never provides me a separation from reality. It only seems to make me feel warm and eventually dizzy.

FloatOn

a little more than a hour until the nintendo reveal. as a lapsed nintendo fan I'm pretty damn excited actually.

don't fail me miyamoto

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
New Wii U I look Just Like Buddy Holly here we go!

Nintendo have rarely disappointed me. The games they make tend to be perfectly in my wheelhouse so I'm Day 0 no matter what.

EatChildren

It doesn't even do that, it makes you feel even more miserable and physically ill

I know but I like living in delusions.

I drink beer for the taste - - the separation from reality is just a bonus

Pfft look at this guy and his class.
I'm the biggest beer wanker there is, so I feel ya.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone convince me to beat Dishonored. The "killing enemies results in bad ending" is making me finicky about playing through it because I end up restarting 100 times.

Awesome world design tho

FloatOn

Someone convince me to beat Dishonored. The "killing enemies results in bad ending" is making me finicky about playing through it because I end up restarting 100 times.

Awesome world design tho

you can always youtube the other ending. have fun doing whatever you want. the beauty of dishonored is that you are given the freedom to play stealth or become a killing machine.

don't skip the dlc either they are both very good.

EatChildren

Awesome world design tho

It's a great agency and reflex driven stealth/combat game that is satisfying no matter how you play it. Non-lethal appears to be the canon ending, but it's not really that so much as low chaos. Chaos is accumulated through indiscriminate slaughtering. Having a handful of kills on your hands shouldn't result in the "bad ending", so there's collateral wiggle room. It doesn't matter if you get spotted; retreat and re-assess. Low kills =/= no alerts. Once you've got some of the more power arts (like freezing time) your non-lethal options expand.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm killing time waiting for NX and much to my surprise I managed to beat Aldrich without any phantoms for the first time ever. Been stuck on this for ages.

I feel like it's a terrible fight and I only won because RNG favored me and he basically didn't cast any spells for the final 10 - 15% of his hp.

I hate everything about this freaking fight.

2O8TJIG.png

EatChildren

Sweet delicious Aldrich. I'm one of the few who liked that fight.

Jobbs

Banned
I still need to beat dark souls 3 :/

Sweet delicious Aldrich. I'm one of the few who liked that fight.

I absolutely love this game. It's kind of mind blowing how much good stuff is in it -- It's so rich with style and content and variety.

The only real criticism against it is that it's a bit safey/fan servicey but it's the only Souls game that is consistently polished and well designed in every area. Looking forward to the DLC (a phrase you almost never hear from me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom