• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
If you want to sound like some PETA lunatic, sure. Either way, it's a great way to have a mental breakdown or two. Last year I wound up sleeping in my office more than once because going home was pointless.

relax, I was joking. :)

I am a bit curious, how many tonnes of turkey do you ship during season rush?

sv63tPA.jpg

"work"

Jobbs

Banned
RDR trailer got a "who cares". Yeah, I see your cutscenes and trees and stuff. There's nothing of substance there.

Switch is great. It's the first Nintendo console since SNES that doesn't have any blockheaded decisions that make their console either gimmicky or handicapped for no reason baked into it. Every single console since SNES has been like this.

Misha

Banned
RDR trailer got a "who cares". Yeah, I see your cutscenes and trees and stuff. There's nothing of substance there.

Switch is great. It's the first Nintendo console since SNES that doesn't have any blockheaded decisions that make their console either gimmicky or handicapped for no reason baked into it. Every single console since SNES has been like this.
Instead, it's gimmicky for a reason :p

Xiao Hu

Ghost Song for Switch comfirmed?

FloatOn

I think it's awesome that finally the handheld and home console thing is merged in a way that makes sense.

it's a portable that doesn't look like a child's toy.

it seems powerful enough to run full games on the go, instead of the weird vita adaptations that tried and failed to do the same thing.

It also comes out in March which is my birthday month :D

Halcyon

Nintendo Switch, I too get together at parties on balconies to play videogames with normal looking people instead of getting drunk and trying to finger blast someone.

I want to play Mario.

Ghost song on N64 to fill the no metroid on N64
Jobbs the god

I'll be picking up the switch on Black Friday , ports and ports and Mario will probably release during the fall
I've got my Wii u for Zelda

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I am not even slightly excited for the Nintendo Switch do you think it's possible I am depressed?

I literally don't do any mobile gaming. I don't like carrying any electronics with me besides my phone, don't like playing phone games, and will bring a laptop with me if push comes to shove. I owned a vita for a couple years on principle and still couldn't get into it, much less all the Nintendo handhelds over the years. So suffice to say the Switch isn't anywhere near my demographic, but it does look well made for what it's trying to be so I'm glad fans of Nintendo are getting something decent. :)

Also my baby brother is such a baby. He knocked on my door and woke us up for the tiniest little skateboarding accident injuries I've ever seen. There was a cut on his left elbow a quarter inch in diameter which had already clotted, and a cut on one of the fingers on his right hand even smaller than that. He wanted help putting bandaids on both of them. And he was freaking out about all the blood he'd lost, was basically crying, and said he felt like he was going to faint.

If I wasn't so groggy at the time I don't think I would have been able to stifle a laugh. He needs to move back out already so somebody else can deal with his crap.

Jobbs

Banned
My 9 year old niece will gladly skin her whole knee off and be like "eh. whatever" haha

She has taken some brutal falls and shrugged them off. She's always been a daredevil

I've been running around singing the ashens robocop song all day at work. Send help.

You don't even want to know the idiotic song that's in my head

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gaming side on lockdown

QbTyc0G.png

Switch is an awful name. The idea for it is nice, though. Clearly looks like a handheld first, but I'm glad there is a pro controller, so if I ever get one, I'll mainly be playing with that on a tv. I don't expect many big third party games to come to the system, and nothing outside of Zelda makes we want a Switch day one. If they can get decent third party support (which I'm doubtful of), I'll get one sooner rather than later.

FloatOn

Switch is an awful name. The idea for it is nice, though. Clearly looks like a handheld first, but I'm glad there is a pro controller, so if I ever get one, I'll mainly be playing with that on a tv. I don't expect many big third party games to come to the system, and nothing outside of Zelda makes we want a Switch day one. If they can get decent third party support (which I'm doubtful of), I'll get one sooner rather than later.

1) A list of partners were shown. Fromsoft was one of them. If I can play dark souls on the go I will be fucking ecstatic.

2) Switch is much better than Wii. It's a word associated with action and it represents the main idea of what the console is: switching between home and portable gaming. It's a good starting place as a rebrand for nintendo.

Jobbs

Banned
Man. If Fromsoft is developing a Metroid reboot that'd be amazing. One can dream.

In reality it's probably just a port of Dark Souls 3 (which is great nonetheless).

I seem to recall a lot of developers saying they'd support Wii U at first too. When it didn't pan out they started dropping like flies. It's also weird to have a game that came out before your last console debuted as a prominent selling point (Skyrim).

That being said, if I was betting woman, I'd say mobile is the better long-term investment than VR stuff. I don't care about either so it'll be fun to watch from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom