• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Waiting on a rental. Getting my windows tinted. Really gotta poop. Potentially getting schwifty in here.

Oh also fun thing

Me and Bethan are both really bad at talking about emotional stuff

This makes trying to figure out what's actually going on with us kind of difficult

Lol

FloatOn

Just tell her how you feel through song.

or interpretive dance

xYHErHu.gif

Wearing jeans indoors isn't comfortable at all, how do people do it
Unless those that hate sweatpants walk around naked in doors.

I'm wearing shorts in the summer and sweats in the winter inside

what is so difficult about articulating human emotion?

For me: social anxiety has made if very very difficult for me to open up to anyone and I just hide behind a wall of jokes.
For her: given she's on the same dosage of sertraline as me, for anxiety, I imagine there's something similar. Oh, and autism.

FloatOn

For me: social anxiety has made if very very difficult for me to open up to anyone and I just hide behind a wall of jokes.
For her: given she's on the same dosage of sertraline as me, for anxiety, I imagine there's something similar. Oh, and autism.

are you familiar with the work of doctor albert ellis?

he was the one that came up with REBT (rational emotive behavior therapy)

it has helped me.

what is so difficult about articulating human emotion?

One of the problems a lot of people have with me is that hard to read me most days. I could be having the best day of my life, or the worst, and I would have the same expression. I can shut myself down emotionally almost on command to get through my day. The problem I have is figuring out how and when to turn it all back on.

for now. I'm trying to stay active, going to shows and on dates etc. I think that's better for me than hiding at home. :)

soo you're in a relationship now??? I just read this page

That's good, glad to hear you're back in the game
AND I GOOFED I MEANT TO SAY EVERYTHING'S COMING UP LEA FUCK I FRICKED IT REAL BAD :c

And yeah something like that? Like, it started as a casual agreement but I've been going to hers A LOT over the last month
not always for sex
and we do both like each other, I think there's just a fear on both of our ends of it being A Thing for various reasons, which is then exacerbated by our inability to artulate emotions. Lol

But to an outsider...yeah pretty much. Though only a couple of our friends know since we haven't figured out what it is. Also because I'm enjoying amusing myself by seeing how unsubtle I can be before people figure it out.

Oh also she's vegan. Figuring out food has been somewhat difficult

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?

I've done that a bunch.
Yeah, I'd been on a waiting list for a few months now. I'm kind of terrified
shocking I know

Xiao Hu

....... I will pass on that thanks.

I just drank a non dairy protein shake. These things are pretty gross.

I have to admit that all vegan substitutes for dairy proteins have grossed me out so far. Oat milk made me noxious and almonds make my gums itchy
I still eat them from time to time, just like hazelnuts

That's good, glad to hear you're back in the game
AND I GOOFED I MEANT TO SAY EVERYTHING'S COMING UP LEA FUCK I FRICKED IT REAL BAD :c

And yeah something like that? Like, it started as a casual agreement but I've been going to hers A LOT over the last month
not always for sex
and we do both like each other, I think there's just a fear on both of our ends of it being A Thing for various reasons, which is then exacerbated by our inability to artulate emotions. Lol

But to an outsider...yeah pretty much. Though only a couple of our friends know since we haven't figured out what it is. Also because I'm enjoying amusing myself by seeing how unsubtle I can be before people figure it out.

Oh also she's vegan. Figuring out food has been somewhat difficult

Yeah, I'd been on a waiting list for a few months now. I'm kind of terrified
shocking I know

ITS NOT DIFFICULT!!!! YOU LIVE IN ENGLAND THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT VEGAN PLACES TO TAKE HER TO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom