• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Templar Wizard said:
its not too difficult to work out:
you turn into a corner and the back end straightens itself for you.

like on ..a......

pivot

oh clownmasters...

The pitlane antics are something else. the cars are ghosts, so why wait to release from the box? and then when you are released with the last car you are driving IN him.
zeriously needs a patch.

is this with a wheel and all driver aids off?

disgusting developer if the answer is yes for both.

1-D_FTW

vehn said:
so... I can't figure out how to start the career -_- When I go inside I just see practice and outside is grand prix (which I think is just select any team and any course to race on). How do you start the career and get points etc...

Pretty sure start career is outside (facing where you swing to go in). Haven't started it, but I think that's where I saw it. Saw it when I was spamming areas to find the quit game menu.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1-D_FTW said:
Pretty sure start career is outside (facing where you swing to go in). Haven't started it, but I think that's where I saw it. Saw it when I was spamming areas to find the quit game menu.
Its another Dirt 2 style menu system?

N.A

Banned
vehn said:
so... I can't figure out how to start the career -_- When I go inside I just see practice and outside is grand prix (which I think is just select any team and any course to race on). How do you start the career and get points etc...

The "Practice" option is the first practice session of the first grand prix of your career.

robatw

wtf i bought this game today (i have an us steam account) and because i'm in germany, i can't play this game until the day after tomorrow. is there a work around (legal only of course)?

this sucks so bad.

Animal

Banned
I'm having so much fun playing this game! I picked STR to start off my career. I love the fact that I can watch the practice from the pits.

I added everyone I could on GFWL from the online thread. Let's get some multiplayer going later tonight folks!

Also my printscreens are only catching blank screens. I don't know whats going on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
f1_2010_game2010-09-21qcqx.jpg

f1_2010_game2010-09-218ee2.jpg

Stoffinator

Harry_Tequila said:
Damn you Americans. A plague on all your houses!

You don't even like F1... it would be like Madden being released earlier in the UK.

You can have Madden, take MLB with you too. lol :D

moojito

vehn said:

I was watching a video on youtube, and the guy went outside, then looked to the right and there was a menu that came up when the camera was looking at the side of a big truck. The career option was there, if that's any use!

edit: gah, replied without refreshing the page first. Other folk answered it better!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If the instructions people give to navigate your menu sound like the solution to a puzzle in an adventure game then you probably need to rethink your menu design.

Dilly

Banned
What a surprise, templer wizard is complaining again.

You could atleast try to hide your hate towards Codemasters.

poppabk said:
If the instructions people give to navigate your menu sound like the solution to a puzzle in an adventure game then you probably need to rethink your menu design.

If you put the masking tape over the hole where the cat comes through, you can use the fake mustache to convince the game to start your career mode...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Iknos said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one biting their tongue. :lol

Speaking of products Che's worked on...

http://www.abload.de/img/f1_2010_game2010-09-218ee2.jpg

Other cars reflect off the body here too. Looking good.

Might buy this for my cousin...he doesn't care about arcade physics but would love the career mode and the graphics might impress him.

Not sure what any of this has to do with me, but okay. :lol

More screenshots please.

Lucius86

Banned
I like the vid screen on the left in cockpit showing your view :D

I am so racing with no huds. That cockpit view has just given me a hard-on.

19Kilo

Lucius86 said:
I like the vid screen on the left in cockpit showing your view :D

I am so racing with no huds. That cockpit view has just given me a hard-on.

cockpit view + no hud all the way.

Animal

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Post some nice 1080p pictures people! I want to see what this is like on max in great detail :)

I would post them if I knew what was wrong with my printscreen.

Animal

Banned
ok i installed fraps and took some screenshots of practice and Q1. Coming up shortly. 1080p, full settings at 4xMSAA.

DarkJC

Put a pre-order on the game today (because I thought it was out today when really we get it tomorrow)

I can't wait.

vehn

game is amaaaazing with paddle shifters on my G27. Number of laps you have to do in career is pretty long too, from 10 laps in the first one to 12 in the second one. Would love to play an online race with 100% laps (60+!).

Really wish the HDMI out from my video card to receiver would do 5.1 sound though.

1-D_FTW

felipepl said:
From a brazilian site:

Yeah. Those big gobs of rain on your screen when it's raining are pretty crazy. I swear when I had heavy rain on Monaco that the sun was trying to come out too. So it was a visual orgasm. Really should install FRAPS one of these days.

EDIT: Funny story. You have to constantly change driver settings/aids every time you enter a new mode for the first time. I'm practicing for the first race in career mode, and I'm thinking, holy hell these bottom feeder cars are some serious crap. The shifting is laggy as hell and the transmission is just plain shit. Half a lap later I realized it was on automatic and the aids were on. Doh.

Animal

Banned
As requested here are the pics. Enjoy!

1080p @ full settings except only 4xMSAA. Max fps is 120. Min fps is 40.

EDIT: Damn it seems tinypic resizes the images :(

2zya8mx.jpg

15gxzid.jpg

351d6kj.jpg

314wgmh.jpg

mh7i4p.jpg

20i7uig.jpg

p11z9.jpg

mj8tx5.jpg

RS4-

re: pit bug or whatever it's called at the moment

I skipped the qualifying lap to test it out, so naturally I start last in the grid. I work my way up to first and go into the pit to change my tires; I've got a "healthy" lead on second so I figure hell, I should have enough time to get out and still get out with lead pack.

Well... :lol

Half the drivers get in too and I'm stuck waiting until everyone leaves, so where does that put me? Dead last by the time I'm allowed to leave.

TylerD

I said wow!

RS4- said:
re: pit bug or whatever it's called at the moment

I skipped the qualifying lap to test it out, so naturally I start last in the grid. I work my way up to first and go into the pit to change my tires; I've got a "healthy" lead on second so I figure hell, I should have enough time to get out and still get out with lead pack.

Well... :lol

Half the drivers get in too and I'm stuck waiting until everyone leaves, so where does that put me? Dead last by the time I'm allowed to leave.

That is just broke... Fix this shit Codies!

1-D_FTW

Hopefully they'll have it included in the Directx11 patch and it'll be released quickly.

EDIT: Animal, why don't you just install D3DOverrider? It's triple buffering v-sync that has very little drawback and locks you at your refresh rate. Unless, of course, you're running a 120hz monitor. Otherwise eliminate the tearing at those rates. And give your system a little break. It's win-win in every category.

Visually I think it looks on par with F1:CE. That game's rain effect is still unbeatable.

How is the driving? Are they still using the old Dirt 2 model or has it finally ditched the central pivoting?

1-D_FTW

I only downloaded the demo of F1 for the PS3, but believe me, the rain takes a backseat to no one. When big blobs of water are dancing up your screen (or just stick in an unfortunate spot) it's incredibly impressive. Plus the blobs and moving droplets reflect the lights on the track. It's as graphically impressive as anything seen in Dirt 2 IMO (talking about the whole visual assault angle).

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Visually I think it looks on par with F1:CE. That game's rain effect is still unbeatable.

How is the driving? Are they still using the old Dirt 2 model or has it finally ditched the central pivoting?
I played some F1:CE today and I think it looks really dated and the rain effect is not really stunning, especially not in cockpit view.

Az

ok whats up with this. I am in NA and can't find the game anywhere. Gamestop doesn't have it, Walmart or K Mart don't have it. *confused*

Top Bottom