• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

1-D_FTW

Lucius86 said:
Ok, I am going to wander into the GT5 thread....eek.

Not too expensive = £100 or less. I can't afford a Fanatec wheel (well, I can, but I can't justify it :lol )

Just ask. It was 80 something. I don't know if it was pounds or Euros. But quite a few seemed to be biting.

Edit: I didn't spend a lot of time in there, so I'm not 100 percent certain on the details.

Animal

Banned
Wow this Windows live games thing is really nice. First time I encounter it.

Now I have to quit the game because it wants to update Windows Live Games :lol shoot me now.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Animal said:
Wow this Windows live games thing is really nice. First time I encounter it.

Now I have to quit the game because it wants to update Windows Live Games :lol shoot me now.
Enjoy as it stress tests your CPU during the update download. Its a little feature they added.

Lucius86

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Just ask. It was 80 something. I don't know if it was pounds or Euros. But quite a few seemed to be biting.

So Argos have it going for £80. Looks like I know where I may be dropping off on the way home from work :lol

Linky

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Won't have this for a bit.

Those who have it unlocked today, please start posting screenshots from PC version. :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
1-D_FTW said:
No. It's GFWL. Which means you have to have a registered Live account.
Yey!

*Does the happy dance that he'll be playing F1 2010 tomorrow, Royal Mail allowing*

kitch9 said:
Why do us UK'ers have to wait again?
If you ordered vie retail online, you'll be getting the game quicker it seems. Steam ALWAYS locks the game until midnight on the Friday for UK releases :(

thechemist

Lucius86 said:
So Argos have it going for £80. Looks like I know where I may be dropping off on the way home from work :lol

Linky

I need to buy this, need to justify it and a wheel stand :( and my DIY skills are :lol.

Animal

Banned
Ya so the game popped into window mode because of some UAC popup and now it refuses to go back to full screen. Menu music is awesome though!

Took the STR for a quick spin around suzuka. Feels good baby!

ksimm

Achievemnet Unlocked 'UK Owned' :(

Why oh why do we continue to be punished with this Friday release nonsense.
It's 2010, let's make everyday a release day!

Lucius86

Banned
So, seeing as I hardly play Forza 3 these days, my 360 wheel has gone up for sale on eBay. Seriously, I cannot believe Microsoft state on their web site the wheel with have force feedback on the PC through a future driver release - but over a year later there's still nothing.

Lucius86 said:
So, seeing as I hardly play Forza 3 these days, my 360 wheel has gone up for sale on eBay. Seriously, I cannot believe Microsoft state on their web site the wheel with have force feedback on the PC through a future driver release - but over a year later there's still nothing.

Saw that page, sounds like they've been saying that for over 3 years?! Before or near to Vista launching. Hopefully you can get a refund or something.

Lucius86

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
Saw that page, sounds like they've been saying that for over 3 years?! Before or near to Vista launching. Hopefully you can get a refund or something.

Meh, receipt would have long gone by now, and I can't be assed to write a letter of complaint when hardly anyone else has had a response. I am hoping to catch onto the bandwagon of 360 owners rushing out to get a wheel for F1 2010 now so I can at least get most of my money back!!!

Wazzim

Banned
My friend can't stop talking about this game, it's out the 23 in Europe and he checks shops already for the game, is it really that good? Oh and he wasn't sure but is splitscreen gone now?

Branson

So far with driving aids off, the game is veerrryy forgiving.

Edit: ok just spun into the wall after hitting the rumble strips wrong. Lost the front Wing :lol

1-D_FTW

I don't have the standards of "hardcore racing sim" gaf, but hot damn I love it. Codemasters aces another game.

Played about 30 minutes. Japan and Monte Carlo. G27 wheel. With everything maxed (either high/ultra), 1600*1200, 4X AA the game was running at what seemed like a locked 65fps. Butter smooth. Even Monte Carlo in the rain (insanely gorgeous) was butter. GPU was only clocking around 55-60 percent load (D3D v-sync enabled) too. Running a quad core Q9400 (still at stock 2.66) and a 460GTX at stock settings. So hardly cutting edge.

I have a feeling I'm going to love, love, love it.

Stop It

1-D_FTW said:
I don't have the standards of "hardcore racing sim" gaf, but hot damn I love it. Codemasters aces another game.

Played about 30 minutes. Japan and Monte Carlo. G27 wheel. With everything maxed (either high/ultra), 1600*1200, 4X AA the game was running at what seemed like a locked 65fps. Butter smooth. Even Monte Carlo in the rain (insanely gorgeous) was butter. GPU was only clocking around 55-60 percent load (D3D v-sync enabled) too. Running a quad core Q9400 (still at stock 2.66) and a 460GTX at stock settings. So hardly cutting edge.

I have a feeling I'm going to love, love, love it.

Well, that fills me with confidence. I have a Q9400, but clocked at 3.6Ghz coupled to a GTX275 (Itself OC'ed a bit too). Using that as a guide I hope to see 60fps in the game at 1920 x 1080 using 4x AA.

Anyway, screencaps, get making them.

woeds

Warez version is out for PC. Guess I won't play that for the next two days while I wait for my Steam copy to unlock. That'd be superduperterrible.

Stop It

bloodforge said:
I can't seem to get the game to run at anything over 36fps, doesn't matter what resolution I have it in. Using a Radeon 5770.
It could be the 128bit memory bus causing issues here, or maybe even your CPU (Usually CPU limiting causes the game not to gain FPS by reducing settings/res). What are the rest of your specs?

woeds said:
Warez version is out for PC. Guess I wait for my Steam copy to unlock.....
Holy crap, account suicide, I'd edit that right now if I were you.

woeds

Stop It said:
It could be the 128bit memory bus causing issues here, or maybe even your CPU (Usually CPU limiting causes the game not to gain FPS by reducing settings/res). What are the rest of your specs?

Holy crap, account suicide, I'd edit that right now if I were you.
How is that a bannable offence? I've already paid for my copy, and I'm not giving out downloadlinks. If it wasn't for Steams weird release dates, I'd be playing my legal copy right now.

vehn

woeds said:
How is that a bannable offence? I've already paid for my copy, and I'm not giving out downloadlinks. If it wasn't for Steams weird release dates, I'd be playing my legal copy right now.

you are still uploading it as you download the game

Stop It said:

It was the Vsync. Was locking me at 36fps, without it I get a steady 50fps. 36 seems an odd number for vsync.

Stop It

woeds said:
I have already paid for my copy, yet it hasn't quote got to my door yet, it doesn't mean I'm going to download the game while I wait. It's not the done thing here, it's not legal and frankly, it's a bit foolish to say.

bloodforge said:
It was the Vsync. Was locking me at 36fps, without it I get a steady 50fps. 36 seems an odd number for vsync.
Possibly a weird pseudo triple buffering system or the game internally runs at 36fps in some way? Weird. Glad you've got the issue narrowed down though.

woeds said:
Warez version is out for PC. Guess I won't play that for the next two days while I wait for my Steam copy to unlock. That'd be superduperterrible.

:lol

Now I hope you get banned.

On a different note, I've been following this thread loosely for a bit now. How much of a learning curve would an F1 game be for someone who has only played games like GT, Forza, GTR2, Grid, Dirt, etc?

The hype in this thread has got me really interested now.

Steering has a aimbot even on hard, that pit stop slow release is FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

protip: when they say come on, dont wait at least 2-3 laps more, near empty pit lane.
I have also discovered that if you start on the PRIME, pit on lap 2 for options, you are in a good chance for points, the primes are like anchors.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Getting really excited for this.

SCREENSHOTS ANYONE? :p

Edit: Explain that steering has aimbots comment please.

Stop It

chespace said:
Getting really excited for this.

SCREENSHOTS ANYONE? :p
You would have thought someone would have fired up Fraps now, the selfish bastards.

Screenshots pretty please? I know I'll have the game tomorrow (hopefully) but I want to see this game in action on actual peoples computers.

Templar Wizard said:
Steering has a aimbot even on hard, that pit stop slow release is FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

protip: when they say come on, dont wait at least 2-3 laps more, near empty pit lane.
I have also discovered that if you start on the PRIME, pit on lap 2 for options, you are in a good chance for points, the primes are like anchors.
Steering Aimbot, que?

its not too difficult to work out:
you turn into a corner and the back end straightens itself for you.

like on ..a......

pivot

oh clownmasters...

The pitlane antics are something else. the cars are ghosts, so why wait to release from the box? and then when you are released with the last car you are driving IN him.
zeriously needs a patch.

vehn

so... I can't figure out how to start the career -_- When I go inside I just see practice and outside is grand prix (which I think is just select any team and any course to race on). How do you start the career and get points etc...

Top Bottom