• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

nli10

Gowans007 said:
Above got a link to the coverage of this on the BBC before todays GP or a time mark for iplayer?

I recorded off the TV - pretty much 30 mins before the start of the race. I may be able to cut it out and put it on You Tube if it's not there already.

This & The Ant Hamilton (mostly the latter) make me think that if the non-sim player reviews are good (80+) then I'll probably actually buy an F1 game for the first time since buying the PS2 double disk packs pre-owned just for the season overview 2nd DVDs...

And I've had F1 races spoiled in the past for me whn I've been working or out - I have to go media blackout it's the only way. Clicking on an F1 thread during a race window is a bit risky really, but I still feel for anyone who found out the results that way. For me I'd always flip up teletext while rewinding the tape and it'd be the headline - resulting in many swears.

pmj

Slackbladder said:
Race spoiler
Thanks for ruining my weekend.

*sigh*

Anyhow. On topic, Lotus first for me. And as much as it annoys me I have a weakness for Ferrari, so that's probably what I'll end up driving later on.

nli10

FOUND THE CLIP

This is from the UK pre-race buildup and contains NO SPOILERS

It's Hamilton Vs Hamilton Vs Humphrey on the X360 version of the 2010 F1 game and playing with non-sim settings.

Didn't find it on YT until I'd already cut & exported it so now I have it on my iPod too. I love having a USB TV card - I have lots of classic races to watch on the go.

DieH@rd

Banned
nli10 said:
FOUND THE CLIP

This is from the UK pre-race buildup and contains NO SPOILERS

It's Hamilton Vs Hamilton Vs Humphrey on the X360 version of the 2010 F1 game and playing with non-sim settings.

Didn't find it on YT until I'd already cut & exported it so now I have it on my iPod too. I love having a USB TV card - I have lots of classic races to watch on the go.

Thanks for vid. They crashed around a ton, damage was turned off.

moojito

Seriously, people. If I'm working on a weekend and don't want it spoiled, I stay far away from anything to do with sport, game related or not. Anyone coming into a thread about an f1 game with full expectations of not having an F1 race that day mentioned is kidding themselves. Learn from it, or complain more, I don't suppose I care too much. But you'd save yourselves some trouble in the future if you learned.

itsgreen

If you don't have watched the race , just stay away from the internet. Thats what I do if I don't want to wake up early for a Japan GP or something...

Physics looked very arcade like btw. But that must have been for Jake...

Sent

itsgreen said:
If you don't have watched the race , just stay away from the internet. Thats what I do if I don't want to wake up early for a Japan GP or something...

Physics looked very arcade like btw. But that must have been for Jake...

Or they could just post in the proper thread. Common courtesy (at least spoiler it).

I avoided this thread before I saw the repeat of the race on iPlayer. Glad I did now. :lol

It shoulda been tagged, but also shouldn't really have been posted in this thread. If you get spoiled going in to any F1 related thread before you watch the race it's partly your fault, though, I think.

I feel for you who had it spoiled. I mean, I've learned my lesson in the past so I stay way away from anything that could have a spoiler in it these days but even that never works all the time. But still, it's pretty inconsiderate to post something like that without a spoiler tag as not everyone can be at home all day. It seems people here always have a get over it attitude and it's your fault for getting spoiled mentality. Would you really act that way if your friend in real life spoiled the race for you?

Goldrusher

VGChampion said:
It seems people here always have a get over it attitude and it's your fault for getting spoiled mentality. Would you really act that way if your friend in real life spoiled the race for you?
If it happened at the local karting track or something, of course. Which would be similar to this thread.
It's one thing getting spoiled in a Halo or StarCraft thread, but in the F1 2010 thread ? Come on. You should've known better.

"I haven't seen the race yet, but let me see what the guys in the F1 2010 thread are talking about."

Btw, Helios, is your PM box broken ? ;)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
At Gamestop (Canada) you get 50% extra credit for your trades when you purchase F1 2010. I imagine the US has a similar deal.

Sloane

Banned
Heard some first impressions and the damage model seems to be really weak -- but I guess that was already expected after the odd presentations and what-now? At least the game looks good otherwise. ;)

moojito

h3ro said:
Wish they recreated the flash of light that happens whenever we see onboard footage of a car coming out the tunnel.

That flash of light is the camera taking a while to adjust. Human eyes adjust a lot faster. If we had the flash we'd just be back endling cars in front all the time.

Just WOW.

Im super up for this, cant wait. Im sad but single player all the way on 50% distance with all assists (except manual gears) off.

FUCK YES

Sloane said:
Heard some first impressions and the damage model seems to be really weak -- but I guess that was already expected after the odd presentations and what-now? At least the game looks good otherwise. ;)
Try not to damage your car. ;)

19Kilo

DieH@rd said:
So, Nick Heidfeld just replaced Pedro de la Rosa in Sauber. I guess that we will not see Nick in this game.
Good question, same goes for other mid-season changes I guess (Chandok, Yamamoto)?

Maybe they'll release an update?

Massa

It's ironic that the game's pushing for the whole live the life of a driver thing and this year we had two that were kicked out of F1 for political reasons. Not a very good life to live if you ask me, would rather the game just focused on the driving.

Lucius86

Banned
Massa said:
It's ironic that the game's pushing for the whole live the life of a driver thing and this year we had two that were kicked out of F1 for political reasons. Not a very good life to live if you ask me, would rather the game just focused on the driving.

Felipe baby, stay cool! They have a decent simulation mode, stay cool!! Ok?

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Leunam said:
Yeah but then you could pull a Red Bull and go on to win the race.

I still find it so weird the timing of this release. I mean, we're in the points chase now... it will come out right after Singapore, right?

Top Bottom