• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Leunam said:
Holy shit replay saves.
Yeah, me and Lucius were just discussing the possibilities of a post race highlight reel with colour commentary.

I must say after all the excuse making about the EGO engine I expected that we wouldn't see replays in F1 2010, but I am more than glad to be proved wrong.

Edit: This is for Acrid, a Renault skin in the guise of the old Williams Renault, looks hot: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2010-game-89/just-for-fun-fictitious-renault-3398/

1-D_FTW

Stop It said:
Yeah, me and Lucius were just discussing the possibilities of a post race highlight reel with colour commentary.

I must say after all the excuse making about the EGO engine I expected that we wouldn't see replays in F1 2010, but I am more than glad to be proved wrong.

Edit: This is for Acrid, a Renault skin in the guise of the old Williams Renault, looks hot: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2010-game-89/just-for-fun-fictitious-renault-3398/

Dirt 3 is going to let you publish directly to youtube. Maybe they're implementing some of the advancements made with that.

Orgun

Lucius86 said:
0.005 seconds of Dilly in TT on Suzuka = RAGE.

Haha nice! You know that corner, yeah that corner where you were 5 pixels off the apex - i bet you could gain that amount of time there :lol

Just got my first podium in SP :D Felt great.
Spa with 47% chance of rain - 7/9 laps and I was in third (started third but dropped due to a spin). I had just missed my designated pit lap on laps 6 because I didnt know where the pit entry was! I like to be lazy in practice and just do start - return to garage. So I pitted on lap 7, went in 3rd and came out 3rd! The grin of my face must have been huuuuuge :D Started lap 9/9 and it started to rain but luckily I made it around the track before it settled.
They need more fan fare for the podium finishes, not just the quiet and dark interview session.

I think next season I am going to raise the difficulty and race length.

jamaniek

Dash Kappei said:
You have the settings wrong.
Try Orgun's and what I wrote above. It took me a while to get it perfect and maybe without Orgun's help it would have been a search for the Holy Grail, but now the game is completely different and friggin awesome with the wheel... you should take my word and at least try to fiddle with those settings, since I would have agreed with you before :)
Good luck :)
I tried the setup today and it's fantastic! Thanks mate! :)

Nice patch. Too bad there's no replay saving for PS3 :(

Lucius86

Banned
Orgun said:
Haha nice! You know that corner, yeah that corner where you were 5 pixels off the apex - i bet you could gain that amount of time there :lol

Done it - beaten him by 0.081 :D

I'm sure Dilly will raise his game and knock a few more tenths tomorrow :lol

19Kilo

Haven't touched the game in a couple weeks, but looking forward to the patch. Looks like most of the bigger issues are being addressed.

So what's the deal with the huge gap in performance between career mode and TT? Surely it can't be due to just fuel weight? My Lotus in career mode with everything set to hardest difficulty is about where I would expect a Lotus to perform - haven't been even close to getting a pole or win yet (then again I've only managed 2 or 3 races so far). But in TT, suddenly I have enormous amounts of grip and am several seconds quicker. If my car performed like that in qualy during career I would easily take pole.

Dunno, just weird - the inconsistencies in this game are a big reason why I haven't put too much into it yet. Then again, I only play when I have a good chunk of time to devote to it and I haven't had much of that lately.

19Kilo said:
Haven't touched the game in a couple weeks, but looking forward to the patch. Looks like most of the bigger issues are being addressed.

So what's the deal with the huge gap in performance between career mode and TT? Surely it can't be due to just fuel weight? My Lotus in career mode with everything set to hardest difficulty is about where I would expect a Lotus to perform - haven't been even close to getting a pole or win yet (then again I've only managed 2 or 3 races so far). But in TT, suddenly I have enormous amounts of grip and am several seconds quicker. If my car performed like that in qualy during career I would easily take pole.

Dunno, just weird - the inconsistencies in this game are a big reason why I haven't put too much into it yet. Then again, I only play when I have a good chunk of time to devote to it and I haven't had much of that lately.

R&D and fully rubbered tracks, among other things I assume.

DarkJC

19Kilo said:

TT is the car with optimal upgrades, a fully rubbered track, perfect tire temps, engine temps, etc. It's more than just fuel.

Lucius86

Banned
rogue_pigeon said:
R&D and fully rubbered tracks, among other things I assume.

Aye, a fully rubbered in track gives plenty of time. Perfect tyre conditions, no marbles on the track, perfect track temp.....all adds up to a lot of time.

TylerD

Wow at the patch fixes and additions! Can't wait to have proper replays and actually start playing career mode and knowing how I am doing compared to other cars. What a novel concept! :lol

TylerD said:
Wow at the patch fixes and additions! Can't wait to have proper replays and actually start playing career mode and knowing how I am doing compared to other cars. What a novel concept! :lol

Yeah there's some surprising additions in there (eg: split times - their absence was so odd that I could only assume that it was either a fundamental design decision or bizarre limitation of the their code that they weren't included in the first place), but sadly also some unsurprising omissions (the contract mechanic in season mode is just plain broken, and there's no mention of that being addressed by the patch).

Stop It

TylerD said:
Yeah, I am going to hold off Career mode until the patch, I have enough to be getting on with to begin with!

Anyway, me, Lucius and Orgun have devised a new meta-game for online play: Safety cars!
Basically at a designated point in a race, we declare a safety car period, back all the cars up to each other (without hitting each other and causing penalties, mwhahah) and after backing the pack up, declaring the track green again.

Of course full F1 rules will apply; no overtaking, when the track is green you have to wait until the SC line to resume the race. We think it'll make for some very fun re-starts, especially with lots of players!

Sounds like role play to me. Weird, devious role play. Are their whips and chains involved?

I've forwarded some ports so after I finish my pizza I'll hop online and see what's what. I've tried nearly everything else on the Codemasters forum, including deleting and saving my replay somewhere else, so if this doesn't work I don't know what I'll do. My motivation to play the game is so low right now just because the experience has turned shit. Online was the entire fun of the game for me!

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
Sounds like role play to me. Weird, devious role play. Are their whips and chains involved?

I've forwarded some ports so after I finish my pizza I'll hop online and see what's what. I've tried nearly everything else on the Codemasters forum, including deleting and saving my replay somewhere else, so if this doesn't work I don't know what I'll do. My motivation to play the game is so low right now just because the experience has turned shit. Online was the entire fun of the game for me!
AcridMeat wasn't playing, so there was no S&M, although I was being an utter bastard and got +40 seconds for my antics!

Anyway, I hope you get your online issues sorted, because you're my main rival in the championship and I want you here racing, rather than lagging.

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
After my DNF this weekend we might not be so close :p
AcridMeat said:
Uhh Stop It, Foli and I both DNF'd this weekend, I think it's clear who the real rivals are.
Actually, I am only on 12 points because I DNF'ed in Monaco, so you're both still ahead of me.

Of course this weekend is going to be...interesting, so I think we may still end up fighting in the mid-field.

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
So even after not participating in this weeks race I still beat you.

It's like you're an alien ass and I'm Duke Nukem with my foot up you. B)
:lol :lol

Well, you need to get that Boot sorted ASAP or we wont be seeing you at Suzuka! As for Acrid, he just needs to set his alarm clock correctly. 10am PST = 5PM BST eh Acrid? :lol :lol

1-D_FTW

The picture from the camera mods files from the RaceDepartment forums. I've settled on the middle T-Cam. I know it's not realistic, but it strikes the balance I was looking for. More of a cockpit view so I can take chicanes and U turns much easier, know when my wheels are angled too far and in spin out position, but higher than the cockpit.

AcridMeat

Banned
Right, I downloaded the Renault skin Stop It linked and I wanted to fuck around in a quick race to show it off. Rather than explain it, here's what happened in pictures.

M8QBql.jpg

m1VKwl.jpg

FHC8Vl.jpg

BUZt6l.jpg

zcjMXl.jpg

MwAcTl.jpg

LQsQll.jpg

ngpC7l.jpg

Ol5ofl.jpg

r5dm6l.jpg

Orgun

Stop It said:
Yeah, I am going to hold off Career mode until the patch, I have enough to be getting on with to begin with!

Anyway, me, Lucius and Orgun have devised a new meta-game for online play: Safety cars!
Basically at a designated point in a race, we declare a safety car period, back all the cars up to each other (without hitting each other and causing penalties, mwhahah) and after backing the pack up, declaring the track green again.

Of course full F1 rules will apply; no overtaking, when the track is green you have to wait until the SC line to resume the race. We think it'll make for some very fun re-starts, especially with lots of players!

Hah that was hilarious, I had no idea what was going on because I can never hear Lucius (or Acrid/Animal) over the sound of my engine. You guys come through really quietl

I only figured it out when I came up behind you chaps and slowed down. Might have been a fun little start if I hadn't fucked up my braking and spun Lucius out RIGHT at the safety car line :D Man I was having a bad race in that session.

Stop It

AcridMeat said:
Right, I downloaded the Renault skin Stop It linked and I wanted to fuck around in a quick race to show it off. Rather than explain it, here's what happened in pictures.
Holy shit.

Is this going to descend into a competition of who can make the most funny crashes? The replays in the upcoming patch cannot come soon enough.

I had no lag last night, so hopefully if I hop in a game with you guys tonight it will be all fine and dandy. :)

I hope so, anyway, because it's been too long since I've wrecked a race for Acrid.

Though there are rumours I tampered with his alarm on Saturday.

olimpia84

AcridMeat said:
The guy who made that Renault skin is currently working on a McLaren Marlboro skin. Can't wait to use it. :D

Are you playing the game on PC? (I'm asking because I see the 360s button layouts in the replay). Is it possible in any way to use those 'retro' skins on the PS3?

Dilly said:
Guys, I think the saving replays feature is for Single Player only. Multiplayer has no replays afaik.
Just as I was getting excited :/

I was going to ask if replay saving also meant that we could toggle between cars in the race now, but I guess not.

A shame because I want to buy this game and the small things like that turn me away :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
jamaniek said:
Dash Kappei said:
You have the settings wrong.
Try Orgun's and what I wrote above. It took me a while to get it perfect and maybe without Orgun's help it would have been a search for the Holy Grail, but now the game is completely different and friggin awesome with the wheel... you should take my word and at least try to fiddle with those settings, since I would have agreed with you before :)
Good luck :)
I tried the setup today and it's fantastic! Thanks mate! :)

Nice patch. Too bad there's no replay saving for PS3 :(

Oh wow, you're welcome, I'm really glad about that! :D

So guys, any word on when the patch's coming out?

1-D_FTW

A month? They've mentioned it'll take a couple weeks or so for certification after it's been submitted. And they're still not finished yet. So that seems like something to shoot for. Definitely not happening tomorrow.

Lucius86

Banned
Righty, doing the Suzuka hot lap tonight and if I get a fast and clean enough lap I may even be able to start uploading so its ready for everyone in the morning.

The difference in grip levels are INSANE between TT and Practice. I hit a 1.28.5xx (by memory) yesterday in TT, but in Practice today I just squeezed a 1.33.9xx. Don't waste your time practicing in TT, the speed difference in corners is staggering.

I was also a LOT more confident on the green stripes, registering a time 1.4 secs faster. This could be tactically a very interesting race, it MAY be worth 2 stopping for some people.

1-D_FTW

Lucius86 said:
Righty, doing the Suzuka hot lap tonight and if I get a fast and clean enough lap I may even be able to start uploading so its ready for everyone in the morning.

The difference in grip levels are INSANE between TT and Practice. I hit a 1.28.5xx (by memory) yesterday in TT, but in Practice today I just squeezed a 1.33.9xx. Don't waste your time practicing in TT, the speed difference in corners is staggering.

I was also a LOT more confident on the green stripes, registering a time 1.4 secs faster. This could be tactically a very interesting race, it MAY be worth 2 stopping for some people.

This assumes it won't rain.:lol We've had rain on 2 out of 3 weeks.

Orgun

Just won my first GP, yay. I didnt encounter any AI back markers though, don't tell me they have them turned off or something.

AcridMeat

Banned
olimpia84 said:
Are you playing the game on PC? (I'm asking because I see the 360s button layouts in the replay). Is it possible in any way to use those 'retro' skins on the PS3?

I'm using a 360 controller on the PC. I don't think any mods are possible on console versions.

Top Bottom