• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AcridMeat said:
That was quick. <3

edit: Is everyone okay with the same time 5pm GMT, 9am Pacific?
Yep, I need to get used to me new wheel (I bought a Logitech Driving Force GT) but I'm sure I'll be ready for Saturday.

That said, I think the battle between Dilly, Lucius and Animal will be epic again this weekend, especially going off the (admittedly completely unrealistic) TT times.

Lucius86 said:
Suzuka hot lap video is now uploading. Should be available in 2-3 hours.
Sweet! :)

Leunam said:
Might have the results up tonight. Don't worry Stop It, I remember your 4 points.
:lol
Sorry to have bugged you on that, heh.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
1-D_FTW said:

The picture from the camera mods files from the RaceDepartment forums. I've settled on the middle T-Cam. I know it's not realistic, but it strikes the balance I was looking for. More of a cockpit view so I can take chicanes and U turns much easier, know when my wheels are angled too far and in spin out position, but higher than the cockpit.

Yo 1-D, there are tons of cam mods in race dep, mostly I only find T-cam ones, while i'd love to use the cockpits one in the picture. Can you link me to it? I can't seem to find the one with the picture above.

1-D_FTW

Dash Kappei said:
Yo 1-D, there are tons of cam mods in race dep, mostly I only find T-cam ones, while i'd love to use the cockpits one in the picture. Can you link me to it? I can't seem to find the one with the picture above.

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-20...ew-cameras-t-cam-head-w-higher-cockpit-3.html

That's the thread.

http://www.4shared.com/file/nWz0b1Gk/Mod.html

They mirrored the lastest folder. I think you might be able to actually download that without joining the forum.

The picture is from the download folder.

Leunam

qgfHe.png

K5113.png

HoBsR.png

st4h7.png
HJ1nW.png

7SCMI.png
lvvrV.png
pLUAm.png

sdvOC.png
w0v39.png

b3QHG.png

gIHzY.png

AIKGF.png

CMoEX.png

ZtkYm.png
ES1nT.png

TWj5v.png
ES1nT.png

SnKdd.png
ES1nT.png

N4UU5.png
ES1nT.png

DeECk.png
ES1nT.png

671pB.png

th_relgif.gif

Leunam: Your first win of the season, congratulations. How do you feel?
Dilly: It felt great. I knew the speed was there in qualifying, but luck wasn't by my side. When I did my first stint I was fast, but I wasn't fast enough for pole position. When I wanted to start my second stint it started raining. On top of that, I also received a 5 grid penalty for bumping into an HRT (1-D_FTW). My apologies for that.
Leunam: I think we all swapped a little paint. Speaking of which, do you recall any accidents that played to your benefit? I suppose being at the front meant you were out of the way of most incidents anyway.
Dilly: From my point of view, there weren't many incidents. Of course, drivers were making mistakes in the wet which was good for me, since that gave me some overtaking opportunities. I also made some mistakes, I clipped a wall and lost 3 places, but I got them back eventually.
Leunam: You missed the last race, unfortunately, but this result definitely keeps you in the running at the top. Do you think you can keep the current momentum going forward?
Dilly: Surely, it would have been easier if I scored points in Monaco, but I think the car is very competitive in both dry and wet conditions. Suzuka is the first non-street circuit on the calendar, so it's going to be different. I hope that I am going to be as fast there as I was here and in Melbourne
Leunam: Since you didn't compete in Monaco, any insight on how you think you would have done there? It's a very punishing course.
Dilly: Yes, Monaco is never easy. Overtaking is hard and I know my pace isn't that great on Monaco. I don't think I would have gotten pole, but I could definitely score some points there.

3478bbn.jpg

Leunam: You had a great qualifying run and a great result. Thoughts?
Lucius86: Yes, another great result, but not exactly where I wanted to be. I knew it was going to be close today between me, Animal and Dilly - but they both had an extra second over me on the wets. Going for a dry setup, and my team failing to put me out on drys cost me the race. But we will bounce back - 2nd is still a great result.
Leunam: You led most of the race, and performed really well in the wet. When did you make the choice to come out of a wet setup and come out on dry tires?
Lucius86: I think it was about lap 15 - I was hoping to jump the gun on Dilly by a lap or two and gamble on gaining a few seconds on the primes,but he dived into the pits the same time. However, I accidentally went back out on inters, rather than dry, so I had to come back in next lap to get the primes. Fortunately Animal made the same mistake and I was able to catch up on overtake him down the hairpin - which got a little hairy!!
Leunam: We all came into the race hoping for a dry track, but obviously that didn't happen, not entirely at least. How did you adjust your driving strategy to accommodate for the weather?
Lucius86: Well, obviously braking distances were longer, along with apex speed in the corners. But you really have to keep off the kerbs and apply the throttle much more gently - which is what cost me time because I had the wrong throttle map. And keep out of everyone else's spray!!

15yyoh5.gif

Leunam: Congratulations on third, but the big story here is your jump from 8th on the grid up to podium. How did you manage that?
Animal: Well we got caught out by the changing weather in quali. I had made mistakes in my first attempts and then the rain hit so I couldn't do anything about it. In all the chaos I was also given a penalty for speeding in the pit lane. Lost 5 positions right there. When it came to the race, I knew we had pretty much the perfect setup rain or dry and it became immediately apparent in the first couple of corners. I made a very clean start and jumped 3 cars before the first corner. Then it was simply a matter of avoiding all the other cars struggling for grip. After a couple of laps I was running second but made a mistake and lost a position. My pit window was approaching half way through the race and I noticed the skies were clearing up so I decided to stay 2 extra laps out to see if it was possible to switch to prime tires. It was the right call because it was dry by the time I entered the pits. Unfortunately my mechanics fitted me with intermediate tires again. I'm not sure what happened but we'll have a talk with the team to figure it out. It was a huge mistake to say the least. The tires barely lasted 7 laps but I was able to still regain my position in 3rd. I was losing a huge amount of time because the tires were degrading rapidly in the dry so I was forced to pit. Put some Options on and then I was flying. I managed to regain my position in 3rd 2 laps before the end.
Leunam: I saw that. Where did you pass Salacious Crumb? It seemed like you got a substantial lead after you passed him.
Animal: I passed him two or three times during the race. I guess you're referring to the last one before the end?
Leunam: Yeah.
Animal: He was only a couple of seconds behind me while my intermediates were falling apart. I was forced to pit and he got 3rd from me. I put on Options and I was putting in very fast lap times, in the 1:13s, and I managed to catch up to him in the straight leading up to the hair pin. We were side by side in the braking zone, me on the outside, him on the inside. I knew I had more grip than him because of my options so I wasn't aggressive and he overshot his apex which let me sneak up on the inside and take the position on the exit.
Leunam: So it seems that most of the top teams are decided, a third of the way through the season. Any predictions for what the middle of the standings might look like at after another three races?
Animal: We are a very competitive bunch at the top of the field. It looks like it's going to come down to who is going to make less mistakes and be the most consistent. So far I'm losing that battle. We'll try and change that as quick as possible.

Leunam: Suzuka is our next race. It's my personal favorite track but what are your thoughts on it?
Dilly: Suzuka is a beautiful circuit, it has some great but tricky corners. I also suspect that the weather will play a big role. Definitely looking forward to that race.
Lucius86: It is a great track, no doubt, but I don't think it's one of my fastest. Again, a podium I will be very happy with, but let's see how it all plays out
Animal: Suzuka is probably the most popular track among drivers. Very technical and different from other tracks. The Senna curves, the spoon curve and the 130R are all famous for challenging car setup and the drivers as well. It is a track I and the team are very familiar with and I expect to be strong there.

Leunam

I have a bad feeling that I fucked something up. If I did, kindly let me know in a PM.

Also, I hope I stay at 1 pt. all season just because I think it would be funny as hell.

AcridMeat

Banned
Leunam said:
I have a bad feeling that I fucked something up. If I did, kindly let me know in a PM.

Also, I hope I stay at 1 pt. all season just because I think it would be funny as hell.

Funny, that. :lol

1-D_FTW

jordyn11 said:
It looks like it is related to the caching of replays to the hard drive, rather than the graphics setting.

Below is a fix that worked for me from the official forums:

Windows 7:

1. Delete original "yourcomputername" folder (and therefore replay folder and file) by exploring to ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\

2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges (search 'cmd' and right click on cmd.exe and select 'Run as Adminsitrator')

3. Use mklink to create the symbolic link. This is what I typed, but you must edit this with your own file directories:

mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yourcomputersname\ H:\Games\F12010\replay

4. When launching the game, the 2GB replay.pbf file will be written to the file location you have specified. If you write this file to another hard drive, resources are freed up for your OS and game performance should increase.

Any performance increases this has given me are within the margins of error.

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...egarding-frame-skips-low-fps-lags-game-3.html

Hope that helps

Can anyone change that into idiot proof directions.

1.) I've deleted the folder.

2.) I've opened command prompt with admin rights.

3.) I've copied and pasted: mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yourcomputersname\ H:\Games\F12010\replay, changing it to: mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\Paul\ F:\Games\F12010\replay

It tells me the system cannot find the path specified. Paul is my computer name and F is the drive folder I want to place it on. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm late to the party -- I've had the game since launch and also bought a G25 wheel in advance, but I've been traveling and busy with work. I think I'm finally going to get a chance to play for the first time tonight.

What's the best way to get started? Just turn a bunch of laps in time trials to get used to the handling? Any recommendations on settings? (I have it for PS3.)

Thanks.

Peterthumpa

Sorry for quiting guys, my connection was lagging so bad that there was no other option.
Probably because started raining outside (in real life).

But I'm up for the next race as a replacement again! :D

I don't know if I like Suzuka. Somtimes I fly around it (1:29.8 is my best) and other times I get lost in the first sector and blank on which corner is next. :lol I've only put an hour in to it today though because I've had a busy week and with Fallout out on Friday if I didn't now I wouldn't at all!

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm having extreme trouble setting up the car. If I use the ones from racedepartment there is a ridiculous amount of understeer. Lucius' is a little better, but there is still too much understeer for my liking (could be because of being on a controller).

Now that I hear Stop It got his new wheel and has been transformed into driving god, I'll be lucky if I snatch a 5th-6th place.

I was struggling with understeer. Some corners I really have to ease off because my car doesn't want to get around it. The hairpin is especially troublesome, as is the last chicane.

We're joypad peasants.

Lucius86

Banned
Leunam said:
Tonight. Don't worry, your hot lap is the star of the show. :)

Gravy baby :D

Foliorum Viridum said:
I was struggling with understeer. Some corners I really have to ease off because my car doesn't want to get around it. The hairpin is especially troublesome, as is the last chicane.

We're joypad peasants.

This circuit is tough - I have already put more effort into this track than any other to get used to it, and I'm still not consistent enough for my liking.

Stop It

AcridMeat said:
I'm having extreme trouble setting up the car. If I use the ones from racedepartment there is a ridiculous amount of understeer. Lucius' is a little better, but there is still too much understeer for my liking (could be because of being on a controller).

Now that I hear Stop It got his new wheel and has been transformed into driving god, I'll be lucky if I snatch a 5th-6th place.
Heh, not quite a driving god, but I'm certainly 100% more comfortable with the car now I have bought a proper PC wheel.

This weekend should be interesting. I want to compete with the likes of you and Folorium, so don't worry too much, yet.

AcridMeat said:
Yup we're screwed. Love the circuit though.
Not at Suzuka, I still think that I am nowhere near consistent enough, but I am getting better. And yes, the track is awesome.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Heh, not quite a driving god, but I'm certainly 100% more comfortable with the car now I have bought a proper PC wheel.

This weekend should be interesting. I want to compete with the likes of you and Folorium, so don't worry too much, yet.

Not at Suzuka, I still think that I am nowhere near consistent enough, but I am getting better. And yes, the track is awesome.

I want to race you tonight with your fancy wheel :D

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
I want to race you tonight with your fancy wheel :D
Well, I am off to watch the football down the local, so will be back after that, so about 9:45pm ish. Feel free to challenge me after then! :)

The same applies to Acrid and Folorium, haven't played with you much this week as yet so get online and get racing!

Edit: I only bought the wheel because you said it was awesome. You were of course, completely correct.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Edit: I only bought the wheel because you said it was awesome. You were of course, completely correct.

Hehe, I didn't realise my words carry such weight....

You should also rob a bank and give the money to me - you know it makes sense.

I'll play tonight. :) If I get lag I'm dropping out of this weekend, though. I'll let one of the reserve drivers step in cos it's not fair I take up a space then drop out 5 mins in to quali!

Also Stop It you beat my pace by a lot already. You lap consistently faster than me, you've just had bad luck! You definitely have more skill than me, it's just circumstantial that I have more points than you.

Also, wheels are for knobs. Learn to use an analog stick you women!

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
Hehe, I didn't realise my words carry such weight....

You should also rob a bank and give the money to me - you know it makes sense.
:lol :lol To be honest, I bank with Lloyds, they'll probably end up asking me for money!

If I'm honest, I was considering a "proper" wheel for a while, you just convinced me that the Driving Force GT was worth it. One funny thing though. I bought the wheel for £72, today it is back up to £80 from Argos!
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'll play tonight. :) If I get lag I'm dropping out of this weekend, though. I'll let one of the reserve drivers step in cos it's not fair I take up a space then drop out 5 mins in to quali!

Also Stop It you beat my pace by a lot already. You lap consistently faster than me, you've just had bad luck! You definitely have more skill than me, it's just circumstantial that I have more points than you.
I really hope you get your lag issues sorted. I really do not understand why it has started so suddenly. If you're about when I get home I'll try to help you if you like?

Also, "skill" means nothing if I cannot convert that pace into points. Until I step up and actually use my pace without falling off the track you'll still be ahead of my in this championship.

I'll be about til late tonight :) Not got uni until 2 tomorrow afternoon, so I can be a bad ass and stay up late!

Also, I may almost certainly need to drop out next weekend regardless of lag, because I turn 20 on the Thursday and will be out Friday night. I might wake up just in time for a race at 5pm on Saturday.... :lol

But yeah, I hope it's not an arse tonight with lag. I really don't want to miss any races.

Finally got my first win in career. Having my Lotus to take the win with Button breathing down my neck the last two laps had my hands sweating. I don't remember a game where lap by lap my car would handle so differently. The grip levels from prime to option are a worlds apart for me.

1-D_FTW

Wow. Changed to the settings in Lucious' video and what a difference. Can consistently run my TT time (didn't beat it because I kept getting pyched out by that fool). But night and day. Radically different from the balance/suspension/alignments I was using. So much easier and stable.

1-D_FTW said:
Can anyone change that into idiot proof directions.

1.) I've deleted the folder.

2.) I've opened command prompt with admin rights.

3.) I've copied and pasted: mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yourcomputersname\ H:\Games\F12010\replay, changing it to: mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\Paul\ F:\Games\F12010\replay

It tells me the system cannot find the path specified. Paul is my computer name and F is the drive folder I want to place it on. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

No one put their replays on a second drive? No one can see what I'm doing wrong with my steps?

Lucius86

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Wow. Changed to the settings in Lucious' video and what a difference. Can consistently run my TT time (didn't beat it because I kept getting pyched out by that fool). But night and day. Radically different from the balance/suspension/alignments I was using. So much easier and stable.

To be honest I can't take much credit - it's from the Race Department forums, and I tweaked the aero slightly because I did not like it in race conditions - but TT it's blazingly fast.

1-D_FTW

I ran about 20 minutes of practice yesterday on my old settings and was horrible under those conditions. So I'll definitely be sticking with the extra stability yours provides over Racedepartment. I probably won't even run any more TT.

Lucius86

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
I ran about 20 minutes of practice yesterday on my old settings and was horrible under those conditions. So I'll definitely be sticking with the extra stability yours provides over Racedepartment. I probably won't even run any more TT.

You shouldn't. Get into GP mode - you literally have to drop a gear for every corner!!

Dash Kappei

1-D_FTW said:
No one put their replays on a second drive? No one can see what I'm doing wrong with my steps?

I did. I'm trying to see what you're doing wrong.
it told me the same thing "can't find path" because I forgot to create a replay folder before doing command line, but then I went and saw that it did it anyway.
In fact when tried again it said "can't mklink to a path that is already linked" (in command words obviously, I'm just paraphrasing :lol
Did you try to have a look if it created the path and file nontheless?

EDIT

Are you sure the installed replay data cache is in C:\ProgramFiles etc.?
Because it's not finding it, and mine wasn't there as well (I too folowed istructions).
I found the right path searching for "replay" on my computer, once I found it I put in that one instead.

Dash Kappei

Guys I'm looking for a driver cam mod with the default FOV of the game but with more HEIGHT.
The one 1-D posted had too low of a FOV for me :-/

HALP! :)

1-D_FTW

Dash Kappei said:
I did. I'm trying to see what you're doing wrong.
it told me the same thing "can't find path" because I forgot to create a replay folder before doing command line, but then I went and saw that it did it anyway.
In fact when tried again it said "can't mklink to a path that is already linked" (in command words obviously, I'm just paraphrasing :lol
Did you try to have a look if it created the path and file nontheless?

EDIT

Are you sure the installed replay data cache is in C:\ProgramFiles etc.?
Because it's not finding it, and mine wasn't there as well (I too folowed istructions).
I found the right path searching for "replay" on my computer, once I found it I put in that one instead.

Mine was exactly where that link said it would be. Programs data/... You have to enable hidden files for it to show up, but that's where it's being put.

I don't know what else to do. I've tried pretty much every combo I can think of.

Top Bottom