• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Leunam said:
Epic post.
Awesome as always.

However, I had 4 points from race one, I know I got a DQ in Race 2 but that shouldn't delete my results from previous races! :p

Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to Saturday.

Snowballo

Lucius86 said:
Here we go at last - Montreal hot lap!!

Set in a P3 session with 15 laps of fuel on Options. I managed to get a much faster time (1.13.8xx) but I wasn't recording at the time, and it's the lines that are important.

Very well done.

Could any of you post a fast lap in Shanghai?
I'm going crazy trying to gain seconds there...

Possibily using this view, thanks!

1287061056-clip-29kb.jpg

Ops... I've just found this. Holy sh*t!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-2Uj7AomI

AcridMeat

Banned
Snowballo said:
Very well done.

Could any of you post a fast lap in Shanghai?

Ops... I've just found this. Holy sh*t!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-2Uj7AomI

Unfortunately I don't have a good enough framerate with Fraps running to do one myself, but I wouldn't entirely trust the line in the video.

He goes in first when it isn't needed and ends up going wide or inside when it isn't needed. The build up to the back straight should be 2nd on the left hander then easy into that right and full throttle as soon as you can out of the corner. He rides the inside line and gets on the power way too late as a result.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCCnpHPv4M

Ponti

Lucius86 said:
Here we go at last - Montreal hot lap!!

Set in a P3 session with 15 laps of fuel on Options. I managed to get a much faster time (1.13.8xx) but I wasn't recording at the time, and it's the lines that are important.
These are great, specially for someone still fumbling around with setups :D

Game plays a lot better with dualshock than I thought it would. Still, can't wait for my wheel to arrive.

Lucius86

Banned
Ponti said:
These are great, specially for someone still fumbling around with setups :D

Game plays a lot better with dualshock than I thought it would. Still, can't wait for my wheel to arrive.

I am glad they reach beyond the champ - many thanks :D

I have just ordered a new desktop mic so hopefully they will be even better next time around. I just wish I could dedicate more time so I could do some more beyond each race at the championship.

AcridMeat

Banned
Lucius86 said:
I have just ordered a new desktop mic so hopefully they will be even better next time around. I just wish I could dedicate more time so I could do some more beyond each race at the championship.

Pretty soon we're going to have compiled youtube clips of the post race interviews through skype. :lol

1-D_FTW

Damn, single player is a massive embarrassment. They had to have money hatted all those reviews.

My story: got sick of trying to beat my time in TT, so I set up a Grand Prix. Running on a low tank when some jerkoff drives into my line and I get a +5 grid penalty. I'm plenty fumed because of how retarded it was. But by the time I've reached the wall of champions, my gas is totally gone. I'm not talking first stage put-put, I'm talking nothing in the tank gone. So I'm driving as fast as I can, in a straight line down the straight, and a dipshit AI pulls right behind me and starts riding my bumper. +5 penalty for blocking his path. What? Then another jerkoff comes behind me (or maybe the same one) as we're reaching the pit-chacane and I get another +5. He ghosts through me as we both head into the pits.:lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Orgun said:
Ah yeah that's what I meant, typo :) It doesn't look like we have enough interest at the moment for a second league, unless we get a bunch people interested in the next couple of days.

Awesome, glad to hear it! I haven't bothered with any of the Logitech profiler settings, what does editing wheel rotation do exactly?

It adjusts the turning º of the wheel in software (it'd be awesome to have it in hardware but you can't with the G27); adjusting that means that, even if it still won't hardware lock (obviously), at least it'll give a proper friction if you try going over the opposing force that comes into play when turning the wheel past your º settings but more importantly it'll tie with the game "wheel saturation" settings. The "saturation" % you put in-game goes together with your º rotation settings, so if you have 900º (which is 1 and half turn per side of the wheel) and 100% saturation that would mean you'd need to turn 450º on the right (or left) to get to maximum turning of your car in-game.
F-1 wheels normally have between 200º and 340º, even tho settings change per track.
In NFS: Shift you could change wheel rotation straight from in-game, you can't do that with F-1 2010.
I also set "overall ffb settings" at 102% in the profiler, since that fixes the unrealistic deadzone-like "no-ffb/centering at all" when you're driving completely straight. Going over 100% doesn't mean you'll get overpowering FFB effects when at its highest, instead it'll only give more "feel" to the lowest effects (a 2% increase, but fortunately the maximum FFB effect the game will throws at you wont still go over 100% force). Hopefully I've explained myself.
Everything else (centering, damper etc.) must be set at 0%.
P.S.
I dunno if F1 2010 automatically overrides "over" turning in game in the PC version as well (I'd have to try setting it at 900º), but since it has X360 console roots (ie X360 Wireless Wheel) I guess it could do that at around 270/300º (like it does on PS3 and X360). Nontheless, what I say above works for every racer.

Orgun

Hey guyses,

Regarding the Schumacher champ, would Sunday be a better day for everyone? Less hungover driving etc :)

Cheers

Decided to take a brake from F1 2010 yesterday, I was starting to have trouble getting to sleep because I was thinking about it too much! :lol

Lucius86

Banned
Orgun said:
Hey guyses,

Regarding the Schumacher champ, would Sunday be a better day for everyone? Less hungover driving etc :)

Cheers

Decided to take a brake from F1 2010 yesterday, I was starting to have trouble getting to sleep because I was thinking about it too much! :lol

Heh, Sunday is my hangover day so I am glad Senna champ is on a Sat :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
what time do you guys get together for this league and on what system?

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
Heh, Sunday is my hangover day so I am glad Senna champ is on a Sat :lol
:lol :lol

Anyway, Argos failed at stock availability. I now have to wait until Wednesday for my Driving Force GT. On a better note, it has had a nice price reduction so I'll be paying £71.99 instead of £79.99.

I'm really worried about tomorrow, everything hinges on the start for me. if I can get into a groove and avoid accidents, I will be happy, but there's always the potential for me to chuck it all away.

isamu said:
what time do you guys get together for this league and on what system?
We're getting together for 5PM BST tomorrow. We play on PC.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
jamaniek said:
I don't wonna be a spoilsport but I was quite dissapointed about how this game works with a racing wheel. I mean it's a LOT better with a wheel but I was expecting more. The only way to feel the car behavior at all is setting FF options at 100%.

Have fun anyway.

You have the settings wrong.
Try Orgun's and what I wrote above. It took me a while to get it perfect and maybe without Orgun's help it would have been a search for the Holy Grail, but now the game is completely different and friggin awesome with the wheel... you should take my word and at least try to fiddle with those settings, since I would have agreed with you before :)
Good luck :)

Leunam, where can I get the circuits' jpegs you're posting with all the data (the gears etc.) on them? I'd love to have 'em all without waiting for you guys to do all the remaining races :p

Jinjo

Dash Kappei said:
Leunam, where can I get the circuits' jpegs you're posting with all the data (the gears etc.) on them? I'd love to have 'em all without waiting for you guys to do all the remaining races :p

You can find similar information on the official F1 site. Just click on the circuit you want to see in the bar above the news.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:

Anyway, Argos failed at stock availability. I now have to wait until Wednesday for my Driving Force GT. On a better note, it has had a nice price reduction so I'll be paying £71.99 instead of £79.99.

I'm really worried about tomorrow, everything hinges on the start for me. if I can get into a groove and avoid accidents, I will be happy, but there's always the potential for me to chuck it all away.

Qualifying is going to be key I feel - it will dictate the feel of the race. Unless of course there's the usual opening lap pile up :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Stop It said:

Are you actually being serious or are you screwing with me? Because I'm on the PC version literally everyday and I never see any of you. Send me a friends request on GamesForWindowsLive to prove it. My name is GroovyGhouliez. I'm currently number one on the online multiplayer leaderboards, and I guarantee I will smoke all of you in a race. :D

Lucius86

Banned
You should join the Steam group. Everything we have done so far has been through steam. I've clocked in like 57hrs of game time :-/

Lucius86

Banned
Dexa said:
can someone give me some pc / ps3 online impressions? many races going on?

Well we have a weekly championship for the PC going, but we also have many other races during the week for shits and giggles.

Check out Leunam's posts post-race (a page back) to get a feel for how we do things.

Lucius86

Banned
Salacious Crumb said:
Any chance of a test run tonight, or does everyone else have a life? I haven't actually had an online session on Montreal yet :lol

I'm having a life tonight - mate has come back from Mexico so I will be drinking a hefty amount of tequila; I am going to have hangover Saturday and Sunday. Sorry!

I am really starting to get into this game. I love the fact that my years of racing experience is finally paying off. This game is the first time I have raced Shanghai and just clicking on that pole lap of Seb. Vettel and realizing my racing line I have adapted is pretty much spot on to his makes me :D

Anyone on PS3 want to get some online racing going tonight (EST)? I played online last night a bit but was racing mostly people in Spain.

Let me know if anyone on PS3 is interested in getting some solid races going tonight.

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone interested in racing in a championship on PC should talk to Orgun. There are plenty of spots left on the second grid, as the main one is full.

You chuckleheads from Senna should stop giving false hope by giving out the times we are scheduled for.

With that said, if you are just looking for dudes to race with anytime we play a shitload when it isn't the race weekend. :lol

Stop It

isamu said:
Are you actually being serious or are you screwing with me? Because I'm on the PC version literally everyday and I never see any of you. Send me a friends request on GamesForWindowsLive to prove it. My name is GroovyGhouliez. I'm currently number one on the online multiplayer leaderboards, and I guarantee I will smoke all of you in a race. :D
That's because we all (Well, The likes of Myself, Acrid, Lucius Folorium etc) play private races, playing with pubbers isn't exactly my cup of tea. So yes, you wont see us "online" but we can assure you that we all play on PC.
Also, we're all members of the F1 2010 GAF group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F1GAF So feel free to join and say hello when we're in the group chat.

Lucius86 said:
I'm having a life tonight - mate has come back from Mexico so I will be drinking a hefty amount of tequila; I am going to have hangover Saturday and Sunday. Sorry!
That's totally unacceptable. lives are not allowed on GAF, hand over your membership please.

:p

1-D_FTW

AcridMeat said:
I can see it now, a big headline pre-race by Leunam with Lucius86 banned from Montreal!

Screw that. I read hungover and immediately thought: now invite Animal, Dilly, and Salcious Crumbs. We could get all four operating under impaired conditions and I'm suddenly in contention.

EDIT: Unless TylerD was missing from last week's race. If so, they can gladly invite him too.

Dilly

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Screw that. I read hungover and immediately thought: now invite Animal, Dilly, and Salcious Crumbs. We could get all four operating under impaired conditions and I'm suddenly in contention.

EDIT: Unless TylerD was missing from last week's race. If so, they can gladly invite him too.

Sorry mate, I don't drink alcohol. :p

Stop It

AcridMeat said:
Spoken like a determined racing driver.
We're fucked.
Indeed, truly bummed.

On that note, you take your Renault anyway near my Virgin and I'm crying rape!

Leunam said:
new banner

lucius86

banned

pre-race

Got it.
:lol

Orgun

Havent really had any response on the Sunday idea for the Schumi league so let's forget that idea.

Schumi league

Saturday
5 PM GMT = 1 PM Eastern = 10 AM Pacific

Let's see how many can turn up and go from there.

Stop It

Animal said:
Montreal is my hometown race guys! :D
Sorry, but this must be done:
15yyoh5.gif

Anyway, I wish everyone luck for tomorrow. I think we all know this may be the most fiercely contested race of our season due to the track, so I hope it is a hard but fairly fought race out there.

TylerD

I am going to be doing a full weekend GP to prep for the race tomorrow. I am determined to be consistent and finish better than P6!

Animal has one of my favorite avatars on Gaf. :D

AcridMeat

Banned
TylerD said:
I am going to be doing a full weekend GP to prep for the race tomorrow. I am determined to be consistent and finish better than P6!

Animal has one of my favorite avatars on Gaf. :D

You better be on tonight so we can practice!

edit:
Orgun said:
Havent really had any response on the Sunday idea for the Schumi league so let's forget that idea.

Schumi league

Saturday
5 PM GMT = 1 PM Eastern = 10 AM Pacific

Let's see how many can turn up and go from there.

I'm scheduling the event on the steam group. :)

tHoMNZ

Dash Kappei said:
You have the settings wrong.
Try Orgun's and what I wrote above. It took me a while to get it perfect and maybe without Orgun's help it would have been a search for the Holy Grail, but now the game is completely different and friggin awesome with the wheel... you should take my word and at least try to fiddle with those settings, since I would have agreed with you before :)
Good luck :)

Got my wheel, it's perfect. Cutting half a second off my Montreal time, and unofficially i went into the 1:11's but i clip'd a wall so it didn't count. So, Schumi Champ meeting in 12 hours? That's 6am my time...... i'll be there :lol

Oh btw, i've got an xfi xtreme gamer sound card, everything is fine except i can't hear voice chat in MP 0_o any tips?

Top Bottom