• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Codies might have had to rush the patch but to have the wrong visuals for each tyre and a rainy wet tunnel seem to be really bad oversights from their checkers, really.

Still want to buy this game but at this rate i'll just wait for some sort of sale in the future, or better yet wait for 2011.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are DESTROYING codemasters' devs over at the F1 2010 CM forum :lol:

many threads have been locked/deleted because of so many people calling for devs' heads on a stick!

Oh and I dunno if this is going to affect the rest of us with 360s and PCs, but right now, if you have a Logitech G25 or G27 wheel and you're playing the PS3 version....you may as well move on to another game, because those wheels are now BROKEN in F1 2010! Some are saying the FFB is all messed up, as is the analog steering, and some are reporting that there's NO FFB AT ALL!!! Plus people are saying their game is freezing constantly now.

Seriously CM, what are you guys smoking? If this affects my ECCI 7000 wheel when it hits the PC I'm fucking done :lol:

moojito

That's... like... oh my god, I can't even... no way. Here's what I'll do in response to this outrage against humanity. I'll fire up f1 2010 and continue playing without problems like I have done every day since it came out.

DarkJC

I'm still greatly anticipating the patch to hit the US PSN servers, and if it turns out that it causes an issue I can't deal with, I'll just remove the patch from my PS3 and continue playing like I was.

I just finished checking out the CM forums and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the norm going on over there, certainly not the supposed bloodbath described a few posts up. I couldn't even find anything on the G25/G27 issue mentioned about total loss of force feedback.

AcridMeat

Banned
Holy hell, SMH codemasters.

Anyway, thanks to Orgun, Foli and Stop It for the race earlier today, was nice to go back in after a seemingly lengthy break.

Juicy Bob

I've got a PS3 and a G27 but I haven't had the chance to test the new patch yet. I'll download it as soon as I get home and report back on the FFB issue.

Juicy Bob said:
I've got a PS3 and a G27 but I haven't had the chance to test the new patch yet. I'll download it as soon as I get home and report back on the FFB issue.

I have G25

so should I wait and not download?

MGR

isamu said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh and I dunno if this is going to affect the rest of us with 360s and PCs, but right now, if you have a Logitech G25 or G27 wheel and you're playing the PS3 version....you may as well move on to another game, because those wheels are now BROKEN in F1 2010! Some are saying the FFB is all messed up, as is the analog steering, and some are reporting that there's NO FFB AT ALL!!! Plus people are saying their game is freezing constantly now.

Cheers isamu. The bugs are irritating, but messed up FFB would definitely make the game worthless to me. Will elect not to update me thinks.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
DarkJC said:
I just finished checking out the CM forums and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the norm going on over there, certainly not the supposed bloodbath described a few posts up. I couldn't even find anything on the G25/G27 issue mentioned about total loss of force feedback.

Of course you didn't see them because they've been deleted :lol Trust me, there were more threads started earlier today about the PS3 patch and the G25/G27 issue. we'll see what happens in the next day or two.

Koshiro

I've noticed on PS3 that vibration has been nuked unless you're off the track - there's just nothing as you change gears or go over bumps in the road. Horrible, as that was one of my favourite features in the game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Omiee said:
is there a pc patch out..?
Not yet, and going by the reaction to the PS3 patch, maybe the patch needs another look before being released.

Saying that, I bet the 360 and PC patch gets released today and causes even more mayhem on the F1 2010 forum.

Foliorum Viridum said:
This is why I love my 360 controller *strokes it*

Sucks for you guys who needs to the crutch of a wheel. "Professional" my ass.

>_>
-_-

Orgun

Good god, how can one patch go so so wrong! :)
I'm going to blame the patch for my poor performance last night! It may not be on PC yet but the thought of all those poor PS3 players suffering must have upset me so much it affected my driving >_>

HeliosT10

Can confirm that the patch has indeed been released by SCEE (Sony Europe), I'll try and get confirmation asap regarding when the patch will be released by SCEA/SCEJ, along with we hope an estimated release date for Xbox 360 and PC users.

Full patch notes will also be released early this week for the PS3 with Xbox 360 and PC patch notes incoming when we hear word that the patch for those two platforms has passed submission with Microsoft.

1-D_FTW

Honestly, I think there was something weird in the FF to begin with.

As detailed by my rants earlier, when I finally snapped and installed it on XP because of the cacheing hiccup in turns, I immediately noticed the subtleties were much better for me in XP. That experiment ended quickly because I only got the FF to run properly once and the other two play sessions had completely broken and zombified steering. And after an hour and a half of head banging, I was pissed beyond belief.

Finally solved my issues by running in Windows 7 under XP - SP3 compatibility mode and setting the replay file to read only. This got rid of the hiccups and gave me the most consistent FF. Very good subtlety on the FF (almost as sensitive as XP), but with the smoother feel I was getting from 7 originally, and no defecto moments of zero feedback or wild yanks to the left or right.

Clearly a lot of people were having no issues on the PC, but I'm just saying: something about that code is weird and glitchy. It's possible this patch just turned those problems on for the PS3 crowd.

DarkJC

Seems like the weakened FF response isn't a bug, or at least, they expected it to be a little weaker overall.

From a post in the Logitech G27 thread on the CM forums:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2010.

The patch for F1 2010 did aim to improve force feedback for supported devices, to make the feedback more realistic. Unfortunately, if you had got used to the old feeling or prefer stronger forces, then you may not welcome this change.

We have no plans to revert the forces to their old settings at this stage I'm afraid.

I still have yet to play with the new patch, and I play with a G25, so I'm not sure if this is an issue for me yet.

Lucius86

Banned
So no Internet until Wednesday for me - boooo!!

I am likely to be redoing my Silverstone lap - I have had a few comments from people saying my car setup is wrong - it needs more DF and people can get laps in the 29's.

Stop It, you are a chump.

1-D_FTW

DarkJC said:
Seems like the weakened FF response isn't a bug, or at least, they expected it to be a little weaker overall.

From a post in the Logitech G27 thread on the CM forums:

I still have yet to play with the new patch, and I play with a G25, so I'm not sure if this is an issue for me yet.

I don't know. From my brief glimpse at the forums, there are people complaining that running over rumble strips on a G27 was giving no reaction at all.

In various configs on the PC, this is an issue I've had. That's why I was so startled when I briefly made the switch to XP and felt them properly for the first time.

I'm sure there's a lot of truth in Codemaster's statements, but the code is also very buggy and I'm sure some of the complaints are completely valid. Those huge dents in the road on the corners of Silverstone should be rough. On stock Windows 7 settings I get nothing. Running in XP compatibility mode fixes it, but it's clearly a BS solution. And not something PS3 owners have the option of doing.

Stop It

Lucius86 said:

I am likely to be redoing my Silverstone lap - I have had a few comments from people saying my car setup is wrong - it needs more DF and people can get laps in the 29's.

*waves*

Well, enjoy not having ze internet until Wednesday. We'll be waiting for you...

Helios_CM said:
Can confirm that the patch has indeed been released by SCEE (Sony Europe), I'll try and get confirmation asap regarding when the patch will be released by SCEA/SCEJ, along with we hope an estimated release date for Xbox 360 and PC users.

Full patch notes will also be released early next week for the PS3 with Xbox 360 and PC patch notes incoming when we hear word that the patch for those two platforms has passed submission with Microsoft.
Wait, the PS3 patch notes (Which should be an interesting baseline for the PC one) will be with us next week, or this week like you said on the official forums?

Honestly it's like Sony Europe/Japan didn't even tell you guys they had green-lighted the patch or something. That being said why can't you release the full patch notes considering the patch is already in the wild? This is getting quite farcical.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Wait, the PS3 patch notes (Which should be an interesting baseline for the PC one) will be with us next week, or this week like you said on the official forums?

Honestly it's like Sony Europe/Japan didn't even tell you guys they had green-lighted the patch or something. That being said why can't you release the full patch notes considering the patch is already in the wild? This is getting quite farcical.

Yeah, this is very odd. A company surely does not need to get authorisation to release patch notes to the general public once the platform has unleashed said patch???

This is a most bizarre scenario.

I'm sure there's a lot of truth in Codemaster's statements, but the code is also very buggy and I'm sure some of the complaints are completely valid. Those huge dents in the road on the corners of Silverstone should be rough. On stock Windows 7 settings I get nothing. Running in XP compatibility mode fixes it, but it's clearly a BS solution. And not something PS3 owners have the option of doing.

Ha, I can just imagine PS3 owners running XP now :lol

HeliosT10

Stop It said:

Sorry, meant to say early this week not next!

Here is another bit of news I've just recently posted. If any of you have an AMD 6-core system and have experienced game crashes whilst loading up a race, we've just released a hot-fix for the PC that fixes the problem.

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...u-hot-fix-game-crashes-when-loading-race.html

woeds

Just did a 30% race at Interlagos, such a great circuit. You really need to find a flow and rhytm in sector two. And when you do, it's so rewarding :D Started 8th with a Torro Rosso, and finished 13th due to three spins. Still, a fun race.

Stop It

Orgun said:
RDDev are really turning out the mods now.

edit: You have to be registered to see these, as Leunam has so elegantly reminded me :lol
If you're playing on PC you should definitely register!

Realistic Tyres

Car and Track menus

True Light effect - This comes with an app for adjusting light settings

PSSG Tool 3.0 (I have no idea what that is but I guess its for modding!) :)

High Res Mclaren texture

High Res RedBull texture
Yikes, nearly all of them have been updated (With sparkly new effects) since I last installed them.

*frantically downloads*

1-D_FTW

Leunam said:
Bah, have to be registered to see anything.

I registered for the cockpit mod, but I'm bah because all those screenshots are DX11.

When DX11 is officially supported with the patch, that better be the end of my loads stalling in DX11 mode.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hey Hi, we should schedule our next race eh?

What does everyone feel like? Continue doing Saturday?

edit: Just tried that true light effect mod on Silverstone. It could be that I'm not on DX11, but it looked like ass. Went back to the mod I had before and it looked much nicer/more natural. There was a weird orange tint to the new one.

If we don't do it this Saturday I'll have withdrawal symptoms. Saturday!

Edit: Also, any chance of a link to the lighting mod without having to register? :lol

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
If we don't do it this Saturday I'll have withdrawal symptoms. Saturday!

Edit: Also, any chance of a link to the lighting mod without having to register? :lol

Just register ya lazy bum!

Saturday is good for me.

edit: Lols - I was just practising on Abu Dhabi and had a bit of a bumpy experience when I went into a corner a bit hot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qyfgCb_U6E

NHale

Diablohead said:
Codies might have had to rush the patch but to have the wrong visuals for each tyre and a rainy wet tunnel seem to be really bad oversights from their checkers, really.

Still want to buy this game but at this rate i'll just wait for some sort of sale in the future, or better yet wait for 2011.

I tried the game after the patch (PS3) and the tyres visuals are correct. I don't know who started that rumor but that's not true.

From what I played the patch fixed the pit stop bug, split times are shown in the HUD instead of lap times and the AI cars in qualifying let you pass if they aren't in a fast lap.

Lucius86 said:
Yeah, this is very odd. A company surely does not need to get authorisation to release patch notes to the general public once the platform has unleashed said patch???

This is a most bizarre scenario.

Sounds suspiciously to me like they're just using the public to test the patch - see what actually got fixed in real world conditions, then write up the notes.

Usually I'd laugh in someone's face for suggesting such a thing, but, you know, this is Codemasters.

1-D_FTW

Lucius86 said:

Yeah. I upped the downforce and it makes quite a difference in my ability to take corners now.:lol I was thinking I was going to half to write off being competitive with the middle pack on Silverstone, but being able to take corners under control makes a world of difference.

Shaneus

Anyone game enough to test? I've disabled updates for F1 in Steam until I can be sure :lol

Edit: Anyone get to the Codies forums? I keep getting "page not found"-type errors.

amar212

Shaneus said:
Edit: Anyone get to the Codies forums? I keep getting "page not found"-type errors.

Forum is closed :D

It was up an hour ago, I was there reading all beautiful posts regarding clustefuck with FFB in new patch.

I played few races yesterday (G25/PS3) and I have to admit it felt somewhere different, but I thought it was because I didn't play for few days when playing Prologue.

Will have to investigate further later today.

isamu

OMFG....news of the PC patch being released has crashed the F1 2010 CM forums!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shaneus

Looks like the patch might be okay, but apparently it patches through GFWL and not Steam. Does that mean if I want to play unpatched I need to not sign in to GFWL or something?

Anyway, the one post on the patch is positive. Thank fuck.

Edit: Does seem to have crashed it... can hardly get in :lol

1-D_FTW

A preliminary huge thumbs up.

Being able to run the game in DX11, the game loads super quick (i.e. like most people were able to do before). If it reveals load crashes later on, I'm going to cry.

Able to crank everything on max in the graphical settings and my GTX 460 is now in the low 90s for utilization (not temps) percent. Used to hover in the low 60s to lows 70s for utilization percentage.

As for FF. Actually seems stronger overall. Might actually turn it down some (or maybe it's just because I have strong downforce on my Silverstone setup and I'm not used to it). Noticing more subtleties than normal, but as I drove on the rumble chicanes wasn't getting a response. So I went into the Logitech Profiler for my G27 and unchecked "allow game to change settings." For some reason, this gets those rumble strips to actually rumble.

All in all, if there are no surprises, and if the game has eliminated my DX 11 loading crashes, a huge fucking upgrade that I can work with.

HeliosT10

Right then,

As some of you might have realised the patch is now out via GFWL on PC and the game should automatically update when you boot it up. We'll be putting out a standalone version of the PC patch soon.

We're still waiting on an update for the Xbox patch, but can now also confirm the PS3 patch is available worldwide.

Full patch notes for all platforms are also in the works and will go up soon.

With regards the CM forums our online team are working to resolve the problem right now!

Stop It

Helios_CM said:
Right then,

As some of you might have realised the patch is now out via GFWL on PC and the game should automatically update when you boot it up. We'll be putting out a standalone version of the PC patch soon.

We're still waiting on an update for the Xbox patch, but can now also confirm the PS3 patch is available worldwide.

Full patch notes for all platforms are also in the works and will go up soon.

With regards the CM forums our online team are working to resolve the problem right now!
Yes yes it is. I just got home and lunch and updated the game

First impression: Holy FPS boost batman! GPU usage up to near 100% and I can set everything to Ultra and still enjoy a frame rate that ranged from 65-75 in TT mode, YEY!

Will test the patch more when I get home but the game is of course a heck of a lot smoother already. Other changes aside the patch is worth it for this alone.

Top Bottom