• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

1-D_FTW

Unfortunately, I don't think the GFWL process is any quicker than the Live console certification (plus it sounds like it's waiting for all 3 and a global date). Would certainly be nice if they could expedite it and get the patch out before our next race in a 1.5 weeks.

Lets just cross our fingers and hope none of those patches has issues and needs to go back in the oven.

Lucius86 said:
Unfortunately not - I saw it on the BBC web site. I checked Darren Heath's (the photographer) web site but nothing there unfortunately.

As for a hot lap at Bahrain - maybe. It depends on time - i was going to do Monaco this week seeing as I have already learnt the track. If I get time in this hiatus, I will do more tracks - but it takes a lot of time to do the laps - not just recording the laps, but also to learn them to their fullest potential. I will see what I can do.

I can imagine how much time it takes. I've restricted myself to running Time Trial only cause I'm waiting for the patch and I've spent hours trying to perfect my runs, and I'm still far from it.

I know I don't actively post all that much on this board but I have read most (if not all) of the comments and many of them have helped me become a better driver... Not to mention your videos. Thanks for all your effort.

Hey guys, I think I am going to take the leap and buy this game this week, but two things:

-Is there some big patch coming this week? One of my Square Enix guys said a while ago this will happen, but he didnt know
-Is the main tournament on her eon PS3/How many people here are on PS3 for the tournaments? If not is the online community big on PS3?

Thanks

Lucius86

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Hey guys, I think I am going to take the leap and buy this game this week, but two things:

-Is there some big patch coming this week? One of my Square Enix guys said a while ago this will happen, but he didnt know
-Is the main tournament on her eon PS3/How many people here are on PS3 for the tournaments? If not is the online community big on PS3?

Thanks

1. There is a big patch coming, which will supposedly fix the major bugs with the game. However, it has only just gone to the authentication stage, so it could still take a few weeks before we see it.
2. The champ here is PC - but there are plenty of PS3 players out there.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Mecha_Infantry said:

Thanks

If you plan on playing a lot of single player I suggest you wait for the patch to come out and see if it actually fixes at least the major problems. Otherwise it's not worth it, believe me.
Different thing if you plan on doing just time trial to get better and always play online multi, then by all means go buy it.

deim0s

Bought a Logitech DF GT for this game... God, I didn't know what I'm missing. I started re-installing the most recent PC racing games that I have (like Grid, NFS: Shift).

Now, I need to pry my brother to go back to his PS3 racing setup, he's more of a car/sim nut than I am!

@Lucius86
Will you do a Spain hot lap?

Lucius86

Banned
deim0s said:
@Lucius86

Added to the list of "to do". I won't be making any more for about a week as I am moving house, so life will be a bit too hectic to get into the luxuries of making these vids :lol

deim0s

No worries man. We all have things to do.

@all
Anyone have recommended setup/settings for the Driving Force GT wheel on the PC?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
deim0s said:
Bought a Logitech DF GT for this game... God, I didn't know what I'm missing. I started re-installing the most recent PC racing games that I have (like Grid, NFS: Shift).

Now, I need to pry my brother to go back to his PS3 racing setup, he's more of a car/sim nut than I am!

@Lucius86
Indeed the DFGT is a revelation in F1 2010. I was using the 360 Wirless wheel (with the lovely wireless adaptor) but the PC version only had the FFB engine half working. While wheel weight was working, active feedback was not which made driving...tough.

When I bought the DFGT the improvement was immense, I now enjoy fighting the car (literally at times) and feeling every kink, bump and loss of traction, so much fun.

Lucius86 said:
Added to the list of "to do". I won't be making any more for about a week as I am moving house, so life will be a bit too hectic to get into the luxuries of making these vids :lol
Enjoy your move! :) I hope the internet at your new place is OK and you're back online ASAP.

Right lads, this is how much I love you.

It's my birthday today, but because I'm going out tomorrow I need something to entertain me. Practice session at Silverstone later for whoever can make it? Been a few days since I played and I have that itch. :D

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Right lads, this is how much I love you.

It's my birthday today, but because I'm going out tomorrow I need something to entertain me. Practice session at Silverstone later for whoever can make it? Been a few days since I played and I have that itch. :D

I am not packing away my PC until very late tonight, so why not :D

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! :D

Awesome. :) I'm gonna put in some Fallout time but when a few of us are online we can get something going! I haven't played since Sunday so this is the longest period of downtime since I got the game. :lol

Oh, and thank you. :)

Destruction Derby F1 - the best thing ever.

I think the plan is to have a race in full wet, 3 laps, full damage on after every GAF race just to unwind. Trust me - it's a blast. :lol Going for Lucius on every corner is ever so therapeutic.

1-D_FTW

Yes. That was hilarious. Especially the races with options.\

I especially loved the part where I lost all track of where I was and drove along the side of the grandstand (way off track) and somebody followed me and got a DQ.

Only got a 10 sec penalty. Maybe because I didn't have any corner cuts before?

1-D_FTW

Lucius86 said:
Next time I'm on the grid I will be in reverse gear. :-/

Believe me, after I got a blocking for spinning my tires on Monaco, I thought about doing it the next race.:lol But I was afraid I'd get a DQ.

Stop It

1-D_FTW said:
Yes. That was hilarious. Especially the races with options.\

I especially loved the part where I lost all track of where I was and drove along the side of the grandstand (way off track) and somebody followed me and got a DQ.

Only got a 10 sec penalty. Maybe because I didn't have any corner cuts before?
That would have been me. I followed your exact course for that lap of the Abu Dhabi circuit and I get DQ'ed for doing so! :lol

Anyway, that was fun, we really should do the "destruction derby" as a way of cooling down after the main races. It's very therapeutic to attack Lucius in imaginative ways.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Destruction Derby F1 - the best thing ever.

I think the plan is to have a race in full wet, 3 laps, full damage on after every GAF race just to unwind. Trust me - it's a blast. :lol Going for Lucius on every corner is ever so therapeutic.
Snap, honestly I didn't read this post before posting, which means we all agree that Lucius is fun to ram, hard.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

1-D_FTW

Stop It said:
That would have been me. I followed your exact course for that lap of the Abu Dhabi circuit and I get DQ'ed for doing so! :lol

Did we race that in the rain too? Is that the track it was on?

I know when we raced it at sunset I was following someone else way off line and he got me DQed (so did he). That track was a mess even without rain. Never raced it. And I kept getting distracted by the paint on the track and thinking that was the course.:lol

Stop It said:
Snap, honestly I didn't read this post before posting, which means we all agree that Lucius is fun to ram, hard.
:lol

A note to all of those reading this that don't race with us: we don't actually hate Lucius, he just uses some grip and speed hacks which makes him impossible to beat usually.

Lucius86

Banned
I'm glad you can all use me as therapeutic benefits.................

sad-smiley-020.gif

Guys, help, I think my game is killing itself!

I just finished a great race in Turkey where I finished 6th, a great result I think, seeing that it's my first season and I'm driving Toro Rosso.

I immediately got on with the Practice session on Montreal, the next track. I set an 1:18:469 after two laps, a time which I expected to be broken within the next two laps. Oddly enough, it didn't. Webber was second fastest but didn't get quicker than 1:19 something. This is all really strange because in my previous race weekends, I always ended up 5th or 6th at best in qualifying. It seems like the AI suddenly sprung to a lower difficulty level.

Then the second weird thing started. In the next Practice session, there was heavy rain. So I rolled out in my Toro Rosso on wet tyres, set a couple of laps and ended up on the top of the table again. In some laps after that, I entered the second to last corner, accidentally hit Barichello and used a Flashback to put me back one corner. I pushed X and my engineer happily said: "You're way too slow for qualifying right now." I was like, no I am not, but then I noticed that it said in the upper right corner that my laptime was 08:07:045.

Now I'm still in the upper levels in practice 3. What's going on?

AcridMeat

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm a bit of a state today, so I'm grateful we're not racing, but at the same time my weekend feels a bit bare. :lol

I'm not exactly sure when I went to bed last night. I know it was at least 4:30 :lol

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm a bit of a state today, so I'm grateful we're not racing, but at the same time my weekend feels a bit bare. :lol
:lol I know what you mean. I just got home from Santa Pod and I still think that I have missed something today :(

AcridMeat said:
I'm not exactly sure when I went to bed last night. I know it was at least 4:30 :lol
Heh. Honestly I think even if today could have gone ahead, it would have been a bit of a non-event. I think we'll all be re-charged (and hopefully patched and with replays) next week.

Of course I'll still be up for a few fun races this weekend if anyone is about.

Stop It

Bah, double post, but hey.

I am not even sure how the hell I just produced this, but still, the ball is in your court Lucius86! :p

waitwat.jpg

Caramello

So just updated to 1.01 on PSN.. Is this the update we've been waiting for or something minor?

Edit: It's 35MB.. I'll see if I notice any changes..

Edit 2: Seems like the pit bug has been fixed and it's now a lot harder to get a warning or penalty for causing a collision :D

1-D_FTW

According to the Codemaster forums, seems like it's been released for PS3 in non-US territories.

Wonder how long MS' process will hold up the other platforms.

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:

QFT! God damn I haven't drunk that much in a long time. :lol

Caramello said:
So just updated to 1.01 on PSN.. Is this the update we've been waiting for or something minor?

Edit: It's 35MB.. I'll see if I notice any changes..

Edit 2: Seems like the pit bug has been fixed and it's now a lot harder to get a warning or penalty for causing a collision :D

have they fixed the ai?

Caramello

Wax Free Vanilla said:
have they fixed the ai?

Rob.png

Depends which AI you want fixed :lol :lol :lol

The AI still have certain areas where they have to much grip and areas where they brake way too early/are just slow in general..

Main fixes I've noticed are the pit bug and collision penalty.. I'm also not passed so damn easily by the AI with fuel sim on it seems.. Might also be me knowing my break points better in the first couple of corners (tested on Yas Marina as that's where I was up to in my career) but seems better..

Having a quick glance at the CM forums reveals that there's a few embarrassing errors in the patch. Most notably, prime tyres now have the green stripes instead of options, and the Monaco tunnel now gets wet.

Bravo, Codemasters.

Foliorum Viridum said:
:lol

Good thing this hasn't hit the PC yet, then. Hopefully they won't put it out in that condition.

They put the game out in this condition, and the patch has already been let loose on some PS3s, so I wouldn't have thought these 'little' details would stop them in any way.

1-D_FTW

Wonderful. If this isn't related solely to PS3, we almost have to hope for a miracle and that MS catches this issue (though I doubt that's what they're testing for).

Not only are Live patches slow to get certified, but MS severely limits the number of patches you can issue (If Gabe Newell's rants are to be believed).

1-D_FTW

I'm sure it won't. And to be honest, the positives far outweigh the negatives. It wouldn't be worth not upgrading. The tire thing seems purely cosmetic.

I'm just worried about burning patches when MS is so stingy about the number they allow.

Oh no, I agree those are small things, but I'm not confident those will be the only issues. Those are two very obvious things, I wouldn't be surprised if more issues get found over the next day or so.

It's hard to be critical of game developers in a lot of cases, but it can't be too hard to patch a game, surely? :lol No wonder Helios has gone silent since the release of the game.

Edit: results may vary with the patch, it would seem.

Peterthumpa

Foliorum Viridum said:
I assume if we set Steam not to auto-update the game we won't be able to play online if it does get through? :(
Hm... AFAIK the update will be performed by the GFWL client, not Steam... am I wrong?

Ah, that's true. I've never really had a GFWL game updated via Steam, so I was thinking it would auto-download like with any other Steam game.

Hopefully we'll get lucky and no other issues will arise :)

Top Bottom