• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
brotkasten said:

I've made a long post refining Orgun's DFGT settings for (my) G27. You can find it in this thread, just google it since I can't take the time now. Maybe page 40...
it makes it perfect to my tastes and people who tried it itt loved it, Orgun's tips were crucial, but do everything I write about in the post, especially about the device global settings of the logitech profiler since this game, like Dirt 2 before it (both Codies' games), doesn't register everything you apply in game's specific profile.
Obviously if you are not on PC you can only apply the in-game settings, but the rotation is for sure adjusted on the fly on consoles (and possibly on pc as well, but not perfectly).
If you are on consoles and don't find those settings perfectly suited, than I'd be going a tad lower on wheel's saturation than what was posted, everything else would still be good..

Dash Kappei

here:

F1 2010 -G27 settings (props to Orgun!)

F-1 wheels normally have between 200º and 340º rotation, even tho settings change per track and are obviously related to how the car handles.
In NFS: Shift you could change wheel rotation straight from in-game, you can't do that with F-1 2010.
Logitech Profiler > Global Device settings

• Degrees of rotation: 272°
  • Overall Effects Strenght: 102°
    (this is the best setting post-patch and also the one that fixes the unrealistic deadzone-like "no-ffb/resistance force" whenever you're driving on a straight line. Going over 100% doesn't mean you'll get overpowering FFB effects when at its highest, instead it'll only give more "feel" to the lowest effects (a 2% increase, but fortunately the maximum FFB effect the game will throws at you wont still go over 100% force). Hopefully I've explained myself.

• Everything else must be set at 0% (Damper etc).
  • "Spring Centering" must be CHECKED and at 0%.
  • "Allow game to make changes" must be CHECKED
In-GAME settings:

Deadzone 0%
Steering Sat: 75%
Steering Lin: 70%
Throttle Dead: 0%
Throttle Sat: 100%
Brake Dead: 0%
Brake Sat: 100%

and all the force feedback options are at 100% (yes, especially wheel weight)

Orgun

Hah thanks for the shoutout Dash but I just nicked the settings from InsideSimRacing, they deserve all the props :)

I am proper jonesing for some racing action! I've even started to look at rFactor :lol

1-D_FTW

I would change the acceleration saturation to 95 percent. I could swear there were a couple times where the calibration was slightly off and I couldn't max full throttle (based off of my ghosts occasionally out accelerating me when it defied all logic). Setting to 95 percent means you completely eliminate that potential.

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
Let's race tonight! I haven't done Hungary yet and we should do a few others. After this weekend I quite fancy some Dhabi...

Sounds good, I should get home around 7ish. So any time after that is good for me.

Orgun

Well that was a lot of fun yesterday, apart from my increasingly skittish connection, I definitely need to get more practice in on Hungary though.

It was nice to hear everyone so clearly (I used to think Acrid was a yank :lol ), that GFWL update was a mega improvement. We could even hear FVs race engineer :lol :lol :lol

edit: egads! I just had a look at the post counts, i'm creeping up the list :/

You do realise Acrid is a Yank, right? :lol And my race engineer isn't cheating because all she does is mock me and instruct you to hit me!

But yeah, it was good fun. Connection issues aside I enjoyed having a lot of pubbers in there. A few were dicks, but we met quite a few nice and talented racers. We should do that again! I like having a full grid.

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
You do realise Acrid is a Yank, right? :lol And my race engineer isn't cheating because all she does is mock me and instruct you to hit me!

But yeah, it was good fun. Connection issues aside I enjoyed having a lot of pubbers in there. A few were dicks, but we met quite a few nice and talented racers. We should do that again! I like having a full grid.

Wait what...who's the Aussie? @_@ Baldy Handlebars is confused. :lol

Full grid does make for a lot of fun, definitely up for doing Open lobby again.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Holy shit this game looks fucking BONKERS on my new Desktop!!! :lol :lol :lol

I'm serious....this is the first time I've played the game since the patch. I wanted to wait until I got my desktop back from RMA repair first. So I just fired it up and Jesus Christ what a difference the patch makes! Getting a rock fucking solid 60fps EVERYWHERE with everything on fucking ULTRA!!!!!!

But that's not all guys....I've just recently installed the new Realism Hunters Truelight v2.9 Final mod that changes the lighting in the game, and...HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. This lighting mod makes the game look literally 10 times better!

My jaw is on the floor and I can't catch my breath!!! This game looks NUTS now! :lol:

Orgun

Does look good doesnt it :) Load times are ridiculously fast...although that is annoying when online and you have to wait for everyone else!

If anyone fancies some more practice laps on Hungary or whatever just give me a shout on Steam this evening.

Oh and I just signed up for iRacing. 3 months for $12, I've paid more for less so I might as well give it a shot.

Does this game have any DX10 hooks or is it straight 9/11 ordeal only? rather annoying that my dx10 card runs games in dx9 mode so often :/

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Orgun said:
Oh and I just signed up for iRacing. 3 months for $12, I've paid more for less so I might as well give it a shot.
Let me know how you like iracing Orgun. I'm planning on signing up myself very soon :D

AcridMeat

Banned
This week is taking it's toll on me, two papers in two nights. Hopefully I'll be home to play some before you guys go to bed.

:lol :lol Handlebar thinking I'm Australian.

Dash Kappei

"Unfortunately we cannot confirm any plans, at the moment, to release a further patch for F1 2010 on the PC.'" Codies' stance on the matter.

I'll probably never buy a Codemasters game ever again if that's how they treat their paying customers.

Dash Kappei

Orgun said:
Hah thanks for the shoutout Dash but I just nicked the settings from InsideSimRacing, they deserve all the props :)

I am proper jonesing for some racing action! I've even started to look at rFactor :lol

Well, let's say you deserve a shouthout nontheless since you were the one testing it and givin' it attention itt ;)

Also the new RDDEV tires mod finally looks awesome as well while racing and with proper blur and doesn't only look good when standing still; also the new lightmod tuner post patch is out as well :)

1-D_FTW said:
I would change the acceleration saturation to 95 percent. I could swear there were a couple times where the calibration was slightly off and I couldn't max full throttle (based off of my ghosts occasionally out accelerating me when it defied all logic). Setting to 95 percent means you completely eliminate that potential.

I had that problem as well but it has disapperead (for me at least!) post-patch.
I should point out that I use the pre-patch force feedback packs with the patched game since I hate what they've done to FF (for the G27) after the patch, they completely removed the feedback you were getting before from bumpers and tires' fatiguee (official word from CM is that it's "more realistic now", but to me it sucks ass so I just copied over the FF related packs from pre-patch and it's awesome again).
isamu said:
Holy shit this game looks fucking BONKERS on my new Desktop!!! :lol :lol :lol

Isamu said:
I'm serious....this is the first time I've played the game since the patch. I wanted to wait until I got my desktop back from RMA repair first. So I just fired it up and Jesus Christ what a difference the patch makes! Getting a rock fucking solid 60fps EVERYWHERE with everything on fucking ULTRA!!!!!!

Holy Cow, your rig must be some kind of monster... so jelous! :D
at 1080p to get rock-solid 60fps everywhere I must stay one step below, with everything on HIGH and only 2XMSAA. Grrr. I'm thinking about finally OC my GPU (HD5850 1GB) but more importantly my CPU (quad core i5 750@2.6GHz) since I've read that everybody's OCed that model easily onto a 3.4ghz... but I don't trust myself enough to do that, changing voltage and everything that goes with it, man I don't feel that confident :-/

I have a 5850 and a Phenom 955 3.2ghz, and I get 60-80fps with everything on max, too.

Maybe overclocking your CPU is the way to go since we have the same graphics card :)

Snowballo

Racing a full or long enough GP in Dubai (Yas Marina) could any of you confirm that you start the race with the sunset and you arrive to the last lap at night with lights on the track?

I cannot find any video to confirm that.
Thanks.

Orgun

The 'Equalised Cars' option in the multiplayer is supposed to be equivalent to a McClaren in custom GP right? Bullshit, I just did some practice laps on Hungary and the grip compared to our online race the other day was completely insane. I could smash my foot into the ground as soon as I hit the apex and just shoot off, if I had done that in our practice rune I would have slid into FV (not that I didn't at some point).

1-D_FTW

Dash Kappei said:
here:

F1 2010 -G27 settings (props to Orgun!)

F-1 wheels normally have between 200º and 340º rotation, even tho settings change per track and are obviously related to how the car handles.
In NFS: Shift you could change wheel rotation straight from in-game, you can't do that with F-1 2010.
Logitech Profiler > Global Device settings

• Degrees of rotation: 272°
  • Overall Effects Strenght: 102°
    (this is the best setting post-patch and also the one that fixes the unrealistic deadzone-like "no-ffb/resistance force" whenever you're driving on a straight line. Going over 100% doesn't mean you'll get overpowering FFB effects when at its highest, instead it'll only give more "feel" to the lowest effects (a 2% increase, but fortunately the maximum FFB effect the game will throws at you wont still go over 100% force). Hopefully I've explained myself.

• Everything else must be set at 0% (Damper etc).
  • "Spring Centering" must be CHECKED and at 0%.
  • "Allow game to make changes" must be CHECKED
In-GAME settings:

Deadzone 0%
Steering Sat: 75%
Steering Lin: 70%
Throttle Dead: 0%
Throttle Sat: 100%
Brake Dead: 0%
Brake Sat: 100%

and all the force feedback options are at 100% (yes, especially wheel weight)

Holy crap. First time I've played a racing game since you reposted those and I changed my settings (how did I miss these?) Downloaded the demo for GTR Evolution for the heck of it and was amazed at how fantastic the FF was. Could feel the road and correct my mistakes. Was in awe of my G27. Was wondering if it'd make that much of a difference in F1?

Yeah. Okay. This would explain why I was getting nice strong arcade effects, but it was completely worthless for giving me feeling of the road and useful feedback. Can't believe putting damper and spring setting on 0 could make such a drastic difference. Ran some laps and was my usual slow self, but fuck me, it's nice not to constantly spin because you have no idea what the car is doing. It's like a new game.

Orgun said:
The 'Equalised Cars' option in the multiplayer is supposed to be equivalent to a McClaren in custom GP right? Bullshit, I just did some practice laps on Hungary and the grip compared to our online race the other day was completely insane. I could smash my foot into the ground as soon as I hit the apex and just shoot off, if I had done that in our practice rune I would have slid into FV (not that I didn't at some point).

Yeah, I don't get why Helios couldn't answer this simple question. I even PM'ed him. What good's a community relations guy if he can't answer such a simple and important question. It really is ridiculous they won't let you know what the baseline is so you can develop optimized settings for the online portion while racing offline.

Juicy Bob

Snowballo said:
Racing a full or long enough GP in Dubai (Yas Marina) could any of you confirm that you start the race with the sunset and you arrive to the last lap at night with lights on the track?

I cannot find any video to confirm that.
Thanks.

You don't. It stays 'sunset' all race through.

Lucius86 said:
So my Internet is getting switched off today - gutted I'm not going to be there Saturday :-(
Silverstone: Bad tyre choice due to a severe lack of a race engineer.
Brazil: Newly hired race engineer was inexperienced, distracting, a bad influence and interfered with race.
Hungary: The team failed to provide adequate technology needed to race.

It all started out so well for Lucius. He truly is the Mark Webber of the league - starting out the strong favourite, but ultimately caving to the external pressure around him. Although we'll still love hearing his pretentious rants about car setups and enjoy crashing in to him at every available to chance to be on the recieving end of his furious anger, we'll no longer see him as the dominating leader he once was.

RIP Lucius, Melbourne - Suzuka 2010.

Also, with Stop It's recent disappearance, there are rumours around the paddock that he may be creeping around London, knocking out random internet connections in vain hope of taking Lucius' place.

Salacious Crumb

What times are people setting on Hungary in GP mode? I have no idea what I'm aiming for.

I think I'll be back in the middle of the pack again for this race.:lol

Orgun

Ah iirc my fastest time online was 1.24. I really need to get online to set some times, custom GP has far too much grip and downforce.

Oh god, I think i'm starting to get into Driving Sims in a baaaaad way :lol There's a chap on the iRacing forums who makes custom wheels...and for awhile I was seriously considering buying one :lol

wheel.jpg

Yes, those buttons and dials all do stuff! Like adjusting brake bias etc.

19Kilo

I'm finally all caught up watching real life F1, so now I can get caught up in this thread again. Did I miss anything good?

I need to try to squeeze some more performance outta my rig - only getting 40-60 fps (Q9400 @ 3.2Ghz, 2 x 4870's) on High settings with 4x AA and 1920x1200. Then I'll finally get back to career mode. Oh but GT5 comes next week, and I'm still playing around with the iRacing FW31. Time for a vacation just so I can have time for all this racing goodness :)

AcridMeat

Banned
This has been the busiest week for Uni for me so I haven't even been able to race the track at all. The week is over as is my work, so I'll be playing a lot if you guys are interested. I'll be home ~4:30pm Pacific.

1-D_FTW

I'm reinvigorated by these wheel settings. Ran Hungary for the first time and with a total of about 30 laps, only spun a couple times. It'll be interesting how fast I can get with more practice, but it's a new game. I no longer feel frustrated that other people can do things I can't and wonder WTF.

Of course it can't all be good. Crashed after the race with Orgun and took about 5 reloads to get into TT without load locking.

EDIT: And you're a very good host Orgun. Super smooth.

1-D_FTW

I guess it was because it was only 3 people.:lol I wonder how many you can host before you choke, because it was better than usual IMO.

Dash Kappei

1-D_FTW said:
I'm reinvigorated by these wheel settings.

Well I'm glad!
I've took a lot of time looking into them and having some back and forth emails tweaking those settings with guys on racing department and no grip forums, and to think that all of that started when Orgun posted the correct in-game settings he borrowed from a sim-racing website's review and Isamu's post on GT Planet :)
But yeah, it definitely changed the game for the better to me (and to be fair not only F1 2010, every other game's better now) so it's nice to see you're feeling the same atm. :)

Dash Kappei

Orgun said:
Wow, really? I'm on a crappy connection! 3mb down and 80kb up :lol

Maybe you have awesome latency :p
I have 7mb down and 3mb up and I can only play games relying on pre-calc decently online (like Mario Kart, MW2...) because I have from a min of 100ms to as high as 210ms every server I ping. :lol

Foliorum Viridum said:
I have a 5850 and a Phenom 955 3.2ghz, and I get 60-80fps with everything on max, too.

Maybe overclocking your CPU is the way to go since we have the same graphics card :)

D'Oh!
60-80fps@1080p in Direct X 11 everything at ULTRA or Direct X 9 everything at High/V.High?
Becaue if it's DX11 at Ultra the difference in performance would be oustanding... I mean I can get 60fps average with the benchmark but never with shadows and reflections on ultra at 1080p. Maybe your CPU is much much better than mine, idk honestly... but I'll look into OCing if that means a respectable boost.

Top Bottom