• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Shaneus

Anybody playing this with a Logitech Driving Force GT? I'm thinking about taking the plunge on one for GT5 but if it works well with games like this, I'll be even more enthusiastic about buying one.

Leunam

Nf6UA.png

QtNSJ.png

HoBsR.png

7AMwf.png

Leunam

Sorry for the sloppy work. Crumbs, I'm not happy with how the Aussie flag looks on your banner, I'll get it fixed before the next race.

Orgun

Shaneus said:
Anybody playing this with a Logitech Driving Force GT? I'm thinking about taking the plunge on one for GT5 but if it works well with games like this, I'll be even more enthusiastic about buying one.

DFGT has been my first wheel and I'm immensely satisfied with it. The pedals are the only minor downside, no clutch and they can feel light at times.

Buying the wheel has been a bit of a gateway drug for me :lol I always used to find driving games dull and uninteresting...now I'm subscribed to iRacing and have GT5 pre-ordered. :lol

Lucius86

Banned
Orgun said:
DFGT has been my first wheel and I'm immensely satisfied with it. The pedals are the only minor downside, no clutch and they can feel light at times.

Buying the wheel has been a bit of a gateway drug for me :lol I always used to find driving games dull and uninteresting...now I'm subscribed to iRacing and have GT5 pre-ordered. :lol

Aye, I remember fretting over what wheel to get before F1 2010's release (as I found out my 360 wheel would not support FFB on PC) - but damn did Gaf recommend a fine wheel.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Silverstone: Bad tyre choice due to a severe lack of a race engineer.
Brazil: Newly hired race engineer was inexperienced, distracting, a bad influence and interfered with race.
Hungary: The team failed to provide adequate technology needed to race.

It all started out so well for Lucius. He truly is the Mark Webber of the league - starting out the strong favourite, but ultimately caving to the external pressure around him. Although we'll still love hearing his pretentious rants about car setups and enjoy crashing in to him at every available to chance to be on the recieving end of his furious anger, we'll no longer see him as the dominating leader he once was.

RIP Lucius, Melbourne - Suzuka 2010

Well I have to live up to my avatar now, don't I???

With my almost certain absence from Saturday (although I still had Internet last night for some bizarre reason when the phone line was due to be cut) there is a chance crumb could be within 3 points of me come Saturday evening with just Spa and Monza to go. Shit. I could so easily throw this all away now :lol

Peterthumpa

Damn storm cut the power down and took me out of the race last week.
Oh well, I'll be online tomorrow trying to get my first point :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
A 4 point lead on Orgun. Fuck yeahhh.

That baldy doesn't stand a chance.
Hehe.

Well, I certainly haven't got a chance this weekend. Just spent a week in Derbyshire and of course, no PC, no internet, nothing. So no practice at all. Well, I'll try to avoid too much trouble at least!

AcridMeat

Banned
Snowballo said:
What about offline?
Keeping the 20% i don't see them.

You have to have it selected on "long race weekend" rather than short. Then it will give you P1-P3 and Q1-Q3. You can then skip through the sessions when you're in the garage on the option to the right of your race engineer.

edit: I don't what it is but whenever Tyler and I practice we seem to come up with something new. This time it was racing in reverse holding look back while giving commentary.

AcridMeat

Banned
I went into TT to test out some lighting mods and this is what I got.
TZEqU.jpg

I still don't think that says anything about the race tomorrow.

Shaneus

Got my Driving Force GT wheel! But seriously, fuck F1 for being the first game I tested with it... now all the others feel cheap and tacked-on since playing with it... even Dirt 2 felt weird.

But back onto F1... playing it with a decent wheel makes it a completely different game to playing it with the 360 pad. It's not the force feedback that does it, but the accuracy of the steering with a wheel over a joystick that has a 1, maybe 2-inch radius at best.

Animal, Staab and myself have had issues and dropped out of the race too, so don't worry.

Shame, I was enjoying it and I'd definitely rather take the points for 6th than a DNF :(

Orgun

What a fantastically fun race :D I love this game and if GT5 is half as good I will be satisfied with my purchase.

The DC/crashes sucked but it was still a great time. Codemasters for 2011 - DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!

AcridMeat

Banned
Shame for you guys :( Animal and I were ready to really fight for 2nd as I was ahead only a few seconds after we both had our pit stops.

edit: What Leunam Salacious Tyler and I did at Interlagos
hDo3E.jpg

MyGhu.jpg

alkgo.jpg

GjtSD.jpg

Lucius86

Banned
So last night was a fucking nightmare....

I STILL had Internet.

BUT my motherboard blew.

I managed to get hold of a new one, and the exact model too (love living near computer shops) but didn't get my machine up and running in time for the race.

Sorry guys :(

What was the race result?

Stop It

Shaneus said:
Got my Driving Force GT wheel! But seriously, fuck F1 for being the first game I tested with it... now all the others feel cheap and tacked-on since playing with it... even Dirt 2 felt weird.

But back onto F1... playing it with a decent wheel makes it a completely different game to playing it with the 360 pad. It's not the force feedback that does it, but the accuracy of the steering with a wheel over a joystick that has a 1, maybe 2-inch radius at best.
Indeed it does. F1 2010 feels like a totally different game with a proper FFB wheel like the DFGT. As you say though, it highlights games with bad FFB implementations.

Just OT games with good FFB include the Simbin racers (Get Race On if you're in the UK/Europe, it's £6from Zavvi and is well worth it) and amazingly, NFS: Shift.

Lucius86 said:
So last night was a fucking nightmare....

I STILL had Internet.

BUT my motherboard blew.

I managed to get hold of a new one, and the exact model too (love living near computer shops) but didn't get my machine up and running in time for the race.

Sorry guys :(

What was the race result?
Bugger, not good timing.

As for the result, well, Crumbs won. Acrid 2nd, Orgun 3rd, me 4th, Tyler 5th, Leunam 6th but counted as DNF :p

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
So only 5 finished?

Man, we had a pretty shitty weekend. Haha. For Spa we need a full grid and no disconnects!

That's not cool :(

Well next weekend I am certain to be around, as long as Internet does not randomly get cut off.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yes we blame you Lucius because 3 people were disconnected on Stop It's connection. :lol

Also yeah, Spa for the next race, Monza is the final.

Orgun

Yo Crumbs! What's your best Online time (not TT) around Spa then?

That mini championship was a lot of fun, we should do that again...but race properly :lol

Stop It

AcridMeat said:
Yes we blame you Lucius because 3 people were disconnected on Stop It's connection. :lol

Also yeah, Spa for the next race, Monza is the final.
My connection is cursed! :(

Anyway, off to Swindon for a week so no practice again this week, Orgun is going to destroy me again!

Shaneus

Dash Kappei said:
here:

F1 2010 -G27 settings (props to Orgun!)

F-1 wheels normally have between 200º and 340º rotation, even tho settings change per track and are obviously related to how the car handles.
In NFS: Shift you could change wheel rotation straight from in-game, you can't do that with F-1 2010.
Logitech Profiler > Global Device settings

• Degrees of rotation: 272°
  • Overall Effects Strenght: 102°
    (this is the best setting post-patch and also the one that fixes the unrealistic deadzone-like "no-ffb/resistance force" whenever you're driving on a straight line. Going over 100% doesn't mean you'll get overpowering FFB effects when at its highest, instead it'll only give more "feel" to the lowest effects (a 2% increase, but fortunately the maximum FFB effect the game will throws at you wont still go over 100% force). Hopefully I've explained myself.

• Everything else must be set at 0% (Damper etc).
  • "Spring Centering" must be CHECKED and at 0%.
  • "Allow game to make changes" must be CHECKED
In-GAME settings:

Deadzone 0%
Steering Sat: 75%
Steering Lin: 70%
Throttle Dead: 0%
Throttle Sat: 100%
Brake Dead: 0%
Brake Sat: 100%

and all the force feedback options are at 100% (yes, especially wheel weight)
Two quick questions:
These settings would also be optimum for the DFGT, yeah?
and... the global settings would be *fairly* good for most half-realistic driving sims? I'm actually really disappointed with the FF in DIRT 2, it feels nowhere near as refined as F1 2010 :(

Orgun

Shaneus said:
Two quick questions:
These settings would also be optimum for the DFGT, yeah?
and... the global settings would be *fairly* good for most half-realistic driving sims? I'm actually really disappointed with the FF in DIRT 2, it feels nowhere near as refined as F1 2010 :(
Yup those are the settings I use for my DFGT

Yup. I was wanting a race last night but nobody was on.

Our little community seems to be fading a bit. :( Lucius needs to sort his life out and Stop It needs to stop wandering all over the country.

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:

Our little community seems to be fading a bit. :( Lucius needs to sort his life out and Stop It needs to stop wandering all over the country.

Ah, I was on my PS3 playing GT5. I'm using my PC monitor so I logged out of Steam.

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:

Sorry FV, I promise that I'll be done not having my pc by the end of the week. Well, until December anyway :D

Edit: Lucius needs to stop having a life it seems and Orgun has been mesmerized by GT5, heh.

Lucius86

Banned
Well. I have no internet AGAIN. On a 3G connection atm, and Virigin Media is getting installed on the 2nd December.

I went to see 3 people nearby and they all said I couldn't use their Internet for a single week - fuckers.

I don't know what to do but apologise guys :-(

AcridMeat

Banned
Sad to hear it Lucius. :/

This has been one hell of a commitment, I think the next time we do something like this should be maybe every 3 weeks.

Or maybe just have events and whoever is a available can join in, maybe a split with just open races every once in a while and a championship.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Shaneus said:
Two quick questions:
the global settings would be *fairly* good for most half-realistic driving sims? I'm actually really disappointed with the FF in DIRT 2, it feels nowhere near as refined as F1 2010 :(

Yep, although with other Codemasters' games (like Dirt 2) you'd need to change the degrees of rotation to something more apt, like 720 (I find Dirt 2 to be unplayable with the whole 900° honestly, but if you can more power to you!). For non-Codemasters games, changing the ° in the game-specific profile will suffice since it'll override that of Global Options.
NFS: Shift has very good FFB.
Dirt 2 is pretty awful, but it gets more than a tad better if you mess up with the in-game settings.

Top Bottom