• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Lucius86 said:
Good man. A number of people in the champ use a controller, so don't feel like you are left out by not having a steering wheel.

If you love the game and feel like an upgrade though, get a driving force GT wheel made by Logitech - they are the nuts.

My work laptop now has Leunam's podium pic as it's wallpaper :lol
Well I def look forward to some nice chill racing, I have always raced well with a 360 controller been used to it since pgr and forza, would love to snag a wheel later though

Lucius86

Banned
For the new page as it is AWESOME

Leunam said:
rbTgH.png

zGYlu.png

P4M8C.png

Salacious Crumb

Seeing the fucking amazing job Leunam has done with that post makes me seriously bummed out that I missed the last two races.

DAMN YOU SOCIAL COMMITMENTS!

You would've loved it. We kept putting the lobby to Monza in the dry, until we had 12 people, then switched it to Monaco in heavy rain and started the race instantly. :D

We had some Austrian guy join in with us in the chaos. He was a top bloke. I should add him on GFWL, actually.

Lucius86

Banned
Well the free wireless came back just when I went back to bed last night, so I may be up for some racing this evening if people are about. It all depends on my housemate though, his method of persuasion to get me playing Fifa is....strong :lol

1-D_FTW

That's right. Fuck rain. Fuck it up the asshole!:lol

Mr Nightman said:
Yea true, just might buy at 40 I mean I have a little extra cash anyways. Sucks I have been trying to trade my nvidia game download coupon of hawx 2 for a steam copy of f1 2010, but of course that game has ubisofts bs drm crap, so nobody even wants it :lol

Since they're not starting till next month, I'd wait for the Christmas sale. It's almost guaranteed to be on sale for a big discount.

As for HAWX 2, good luck with that. There's a poster in the main Steam thread who's willing to trade his coupon code for a copy of Gary's Mod. Still available. That's only 10 dollars. The UBI soft DRM is the ultimate cooty dust.

1-D_FTW said:
That's right. Fuck rain. Fuck it up the asshole!:lol

Since they're not starting till next month, I'd wait for the Christmas sale. It's almost guaranteed to be on sale for a big discount.

As for HAWX 2, good luck with that. There's a poster in the main Steam thread who's willing to trade his coupon code for a copy of Gary's Mod. Still available. That's only 10 dollars. The UBI soft DRM is the ultimate cooty dust.
I bought it and lol I am that guy wanting a copy of garys mod in trade :lol

League 2 prep:

The 4 new tracks I want us to use:
1. Hockenheim
2. Istanbul
3. Valencia
4. Catalunya

The 5 returning tracks I want to use:
1. Monza
2. Melbourne
3. Montreal
4. Spa
5. Monaco

I would like to keep my Force India very much, but if we're forced to choose new cars my top three picks would be:
1. Force India
2. McClaren
3. Red Bull

I think if everybody does this we can count up the votes and come up with the 9 tracks fairly quickly. Like I said, I want to keep my car, but if it's a popular thought that we have to change, then so be it! Remember, 5 tracks we used in this league and 4 new ones.

My current count of people who definitely want in:
Lucius, Acrid, Salacious Crumbs, Stop It, Orgun, Myself, Staab, TylerD, Leunam. That's 9. If you want to throw your name in to the hat over the next few weeks then please let me know so we can figure out when to do qualifying, and if we have to split it in to two regional groups again.

I'm happy to organise the schedule and such, and if Leunam wants any help with new graphics then I'll happily do that too. This might seem early but I'd rather we get this stuff sorted, at least team/track wise, before Christmas so we know what we're doing.

Obviously if you're a new player and want to play a bit over Christmas and new year to get a feel for the game before deciding you want to try that's fine! :)

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
League 2 prep:

The 4 new tracks I want us to use:
1. Hockenheim
2. Istanbul
3. Valencia
4. Catalunya

The 5 returning tracks I want to use:
1. Monza
2. Melbourne
3. Montreal
4. Spa
5. Monaco

Since when was it decided we would be removing 4 tracks?

I think for season 2 we should go in calendar order like it was in 2010.

If we are going for my ULTIMATE 9 race tracks, they will be:

1. Melbourne
2. Monaco
3. Istanbul, Turkey
4. Montreal, Canada
5. Valencia, Europe
6. Spa
7. Monza
8. Singapore
9. Sao Paulo

Perhaps people should post their 9, and the tracks with the most votes get put forward for the league.

As for cars, I have got attached to people fearing my Lotus, but my top 3 choice will be:

1. Lotus
2. Virgin
3. McLaren

Acrid and I thought that if we had 5 from the last one, and 4 we hadn't raced yet it would keep everything interesting due to unknown tracks etc.

The way I have it set up in my spreadsheet is

1st = 25pts
2nd = 20pts
etc etc etc

So by the end the 5 old tracks with the most points go through, as do the 4 new tracks with the most points.

I think it's a good way of doing it personally. Open to suggestions though!

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Acrid and I thought that if we had 5 from the last one, and 4 we hadn't raced yet it would keep everything interesting due to unknown tracks etc.

The way I have it set up in my spreadsheet is

1st = 25pts
2nd = 20pts
etc etc etc

So by the end the 5 old tracks with the most points go through, as do the 4 new tracks with the most points.

I think it's a good way of doing it personally. Open to suggestions though!

I think we shouldn't just stick to a strict number of new and old tracks - but tracks we want to race. Looking at my list, I have 3 new tracks. But if people want more than that, then gravy.

EDIT: Hmmm, thinking about it some more and I'm coming around to your idea actually....

Lucius86

Banned
Okay, returning 5 I would like (in order of preference)..

OLD TRACKS

1. Melbourne (fucking AWESOME track)
2. Spa
3. Monaco
4. Monza
5. Montreal

NEW TRACKS

1. Singapore (night race bitches)
2. Valencia
3. Istanbul
4. Abu Dhabi

And to re-iterate, my choice of cars are:

1. Lotus
2. Virgin
3. McLaren

AcridMeat

Banned
Hey whoa man I didn't say we had to introduce 4 new tracks. I just said there's 4 other good ones we didn't do IMO. :lol

Silly Foli & Lucius, if we pick new teams that means you can't be in your own from S1. Foli automatically can't get the McLaren because he can't spell it (kidding).

I also think we can come up with the schedule first, but wait on teams until we know who wants to participate.

If we really are sticking to 9 tracks this season with 4 new ones, though I'm open to a 10 race season or something, here's my list.

New: Malaysia, Catalunya, Turkey and China.
Old: Suzuka, Spa, Interlagos, Montreal, Melbourne

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Lucius86 said:
Okay, returning 5 I would like (in order of preference)..

OLD TRACKS

1. Melbourne (fucking AWESOME track)
2. Spa
3. Monaco
4. Monza
5. Montreal

NEW TRACKS

1. Singapore (night race bitches)
2. Valencia
3. Istanbul
4. Abu Dhabi

And to re-iterate, my choice of cars are:

1. Lotus
2. Virgin
3. McLaren

Ok, I'll add my views to this, I would like to see the following.

OLD TRACKS

1: Spa
2: Monza
3: Silverstone
4: Montreal
5: Suzuka (Finale)

NEW TRACKS

1: Sepang
2: Singapore
3: Hockenheimring
4: Catalunya

As for the cars, my 3 choices are simple

1: Virgin Racing
2: Virgin Racing
3: Virgin Racing
2: McLaren Mercedes
3: Red Bull Racing

Anyway, as FV stated earlier, while I want to see new people, I firmly believe that everyone who participated in the season finale at Monza (I.e the dedicated few) should be offered a "free" entry into Season 2 if they wish. I will however, go with the majority decision on how to proceed with entries into the upcoming season.

Still, this end of season gap will be so dull without F1 to think of. Christmas and New year always gets in the way of everything! :lol

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
If only Lucius and I pick FI and Lotus as our first picks, I don't see why we can't keep them again.

I'll add your two choices to my little track spreadsheet :)

Edit: Lucius and I had some great fun tonight. Awesome racing!
:lol :lol

Anyway, I'm sure the newer people will want the "better" cars, so the chances of us lot losing our cars would be pretty slim anyway.

Well got her installed, and damn this game looks and runs great, definitely going to need some practice races to fine tune my driving, still all over the place, and doing donuts through turns :lol. But practice makes perfect

Orgun said:
My car picks:

1) Williams
2) BMW Sauber
3) Red Bull

Tracks:

Anything but fucking Singapore.
Well that impacts the votes a lot. :lol You sure you don't want to specify? With the numbers at the moment a vote or two could make all of the difference.

Nightman, what's your Steam name? :)

Also, Stop It, you listed Singapore twice. I need a new pick from you to replace your fourth choice please!

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
Well that impacts the votes a lot. :lol You sure you don't want to specify? With the numbers at the moment a vote or two could make all of the difference.

Also, Stop It, you listed Singapore twice. I need a new pick from you to replace your fourth choice please!

Ok.

OLD TRACKS

1. Spa
2. Brazil
3. Melbourne
4. Monza
5. Montreal

NEW TRACKS

1. Valencia
2. Istanbul
3. Abu Dhabi
4. Catalunya (I guess)

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:

No I didn't!

*runs*

AcridMeat

Banned
slamskank said:
When does the new tournament start? I'm gonna make damn sure I qualify for this one.

It'll be after the new year. We're just really antsy and excited about it. :lol

By the way, how come no one likes Malaysia? :(

edit: I still think we should refrain from team picking until we know who wants to participate. Mr Nightman what's your steam name?

Well after I get the 9 votes from people definitely in the league about tracks I'll make a schedule so that we know what to practice etc etc. Anybody new won't have raced with us before so they won't really mind what we do there.

But with cars I'm happy to wait until we have the final 12. Unless somebody picks the Force India, in which case they go find the nearest cliff and...

I mean, all newcomers welcome!

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
It doesn't matter to me what tracks we race at. They all have their charm in a way. Also, I've been driving a Williams car in single player, but will drive for any team really. Maybe a time trial to decide who gets first dibs would be fair.

If you want. I was going to do what Lucius said, take all of the tracks we chose, and go through the order of the 2010 season and schedule them that way.

So Melbourne would be first, etc etc.

I don't really mind though. That just seemed like the most simple way of doing it.

Crag Dweller, what's your Steam name too? :D We need to get you guys in to races!

slamskank

My car preference is lotus, mcclaren or renault in that order.

Track picks from the old list:
Melbourne
Monaco
Montreal
Spa
Silverstone

If you're definitely throwing your name in to the hat for the league feel free to make track votes too! :)

The 9 from this year you have to pick from are Melbourne, Montreal, Brazil, Hungary, Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco and Suzuka. So pick 5 of those, and another 4 that aren't listed.

Same goes for Dweller and Nightman :)

Lucius86

Banned
Salacious Crumb said:
Car picks: Red Bull, Mclaren, Williams.

Old Tracks:
Melbourne
Monaco
Montreal
Monza
São Paulo

Brazil lowest on the piority list? Thought it would be your favourite after your performance there last season!

AcridMeat said:
Oh god at this rate Singapore is going to be one of the new tracks. PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck yeah, bring it biatches :lol :lol :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
Just finished race 12 of my first season in career mode, something has to be screwed up with the driver AI. I think Petrov and Kubica were switched because right now Petrov is in 7th with 58 points and Kubica is in 13th with 24.

edit: This is bumming me out. Q1 in Spa in the wet and Button and Kubica are in 21st and 22nd respectively. Meanwhile Vettel is in 17th and ahead of him in 16th is Lucas Di Grassi. Petrov is up in 10th, he was 4th earlier in the session.

edit 2: Just finished Spa, what the hell man I thought the patch fixed this?

qydDg.jpg

How did Kovalainen and Button get there?? Especially since Rosberg managed to lose only those positions.

AcridMeat

Banned
Since Staab can't post in the thread here are his picks from the steam group comments.
Staab posted on December 12, 2010 @ 1:56pm

Car picks:
Red Bull,
Renault,
Torro Rosso.

Old Tracks:
Melbourne
Monaco
Montreal
Monza
SPA

New Tracks: