• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Are you sure? I have it in my sent folder. Maybe I should send another one to Nightman to make sure he got it, then!

But yes, your votes will still count so get them in before Thursday! :D Nice to hear from you again, buddy. We were starting to think you had a deadly accident involving a hippo or something.

TylerD

Foliorum Viridum said:
We were starting to think you had a deadly accident involving a hippo or something.

Nope, no hippo incident here! :lol

OK, tracks I want to return...

Brazil
Spa
Monaco
Suzuka
Montreal

New additions...

Abu Dhabi
Hockenheimring
Malaysia
Istanbul

Team Prefs...

1) Williams
2) Mercedes GP
3) Virgin

So with the holiday season as good as over I decided to jump back into this game. I now recall why I quit playing it. Singapore.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, that track is absolute hell. It's not even that hard to drive, but out of 10 laps there may be only one or two where I don't smash into a wall or some shitty-ass crash barrier that sticks out one fucking inch but tears the wheels out of my beautiful Toro Rosso.

It's absolutely disgusting, and I'm only in Practice. Are there any tips or tricks for this track? I'd like to finish in the top 5 if possible and if I'm looking at practice right now I seriously doubt I will finish at all.

Cheers, Tyler. I did have the results all added up because I figured you weren't going to vote, but I'll re-do them now that you're back. I'll just give Nightman til Thursday to vote since I just PM'd him again.

Luigi, the only tips for that track I have is to be overly cautious. :lol At least that's what I do online and usually other people make mistakes which gives me time to get ahead of them. I'm not so sure about racing the AI. It is an absolute bastard of a track.

Sorry for the long time to reply, been busy with work. Unfortunately, I am going to have to decline the championship this time, just too busy :-( Hope you all understand, would like to do some casual races sometimes :D

Haha I nearly decapitated Orgun. :D

Right I've added Slamskank and Dweller on Steam AND sent them PMs about popping back in to this thread. Hopefully they'll come say hey and start racing with us since they're the two new guys in the league.

Lucius86

Banned
Orgun said:
A few of us had a impromptu miniature GP using all the track from the next seasons but only 3 laps per race. It was great fun and I really cannot wait for the full season to start.

Foli had some amazing crashes :D I managed to record two of them He is in the Williams.

To everyone - note how I too am always involved in these crashes (Lotus). That would be otherwise known as 'bullying'.

I'm trying to learn Malaysia and boy is that track unforgiving. If you put your foot down too quickly you either spin, or get stuck in a gravel pit.

I got my time down to 1:33.2, which felt quick, but it's still a flip of a coin whether ot not I have a clean lap.

Let's have some fun!

For everybody who raced last year, take your best time in qualifying for Melbourne (our first race last year) and make a new lap. How much have you improved?

My old time: 1:27.6
My new time: 1:23.8 on Youtube

Look at that last corner, I hit the wall I was pushing so hard. :lol It was still a fairly sloppy lap, so I could improve further, but man, four whole seconds. That's a huge leap in the world of F1.

I guess after 105 hours I've finally improved at the game. :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Let's have some fun!

For everybody who raced last year, take your best time in qualifying for Melbourne (our first race last year) and make a new lap. How much have you improved?

My old time: 1:27.6
My new time: 1:23.8 on Youtube

Look at that last corner, I hit the wall I was pushing so hard. :lol It was still a fairly sloppy lap, so I could improve further, but man, four whole seconds. That's a huge leap in the world of F1.

I guess after 105 hours I've finally improved at the game. :D
Indeed! Nice time FV! It certainly shows that Season 2 will be much closer pace wise as well all have improved.

I have to admit, as I have lost my old times (re-installing windows etc) I do not know how much I have improved exactly, but it's not a small margin! Sorry FV :)

hifvlm62.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Lucius86 said:
I have no idea what my TT time was like last year - damn leaderboard reset!

Despite the leaderboards being reset, it still kept my original time when I booted up the circuit. I assume it's the same for everyone. I had I believe a 1:24.9 which is now a 1:23.130 or so.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm trying to learn Malaysia and boy is that track unforgiving. If you put your foot down too quickly you either spin, or get stuck in a gravel pit.

I got my time down to 1:33.2, which felt quick, but it's still a flip of a coin whether ot not I have a clean lap.
jesus christ... that track.. i've been practising days there. And for some stupid reason i always fuck up once in a race.

You should get this game for PC, Always-honest, you seem to play as much as us!

So we're all about the 1:23 mark for Melbourne, then. This will be a close race, especially with the danger element of damage, and fatigue due to full length!

Lucius86

Banned
I just got a 1.22.5xx - there was definitely another 3-4 tenths in there as I made some minor mistakes in two corners - but you really must push hard and attack the track!

TT just confirmed to me how much I love Melbourne. So rewarding!

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
I just got a 1.22.5xx - there was definitely another 3-4 tenths in there as I made some minor mistakes in two corners - but you really must push hard and attack the track!

TT just confirmed to me how much I love Melbourne. So rewarding!
hilucius35fj.jpg

My hands are actually red and sore after that, I have caused a rather nasty rub burn on my palm thanks to the vibrations/FFB of this wheel on the track.

I really, really, do not like this track in the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a legendary track, but it's so easy to end up in gravel, and to get decent times you have to dial so much understeer into the car it's not even funny.

Anyway, still, ball is in your court Lucius! :)

Lucius86

Banned
Very impressive Stop It - very impressive.

I will have another go tonight as I only spent 20 mins yesterday doing TT - but tomorrow is my last time I will be on TT.

It's awesome that we are all so close now. I don't think these races are going to be easy to predict at all!

That is a pretty mental time.

I don't see myself improving on my time much to be honest. At least I'm within two seconds of you guys this time, though! I'm consistent on the track, too, which means I can capitalise on any mistakes.

Lucius86

Banned
jambo said:
Any concrete details on F1 2011 yet?

I think we all know it's in development, and they are focussing more on career mode - but other than that, nothing yet. They would be wise to start unveiling info after the first couple of races this season when fans interest in the sport will rise again.

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
Exactly, I mean Stop It could be the fastest by 10 secs a lap, but he's going to crash into a pit wall come Saturday....
Hey, give it 20 laps at the very least!

Seriously though, I need to get more consistent with race pace otherwise I am boned. At the moment I am faster with Prime tyres than Options, a sure-fire sign that I am not doing well in race conditions using the options. Still, I have a week to correct this, I just wanted to set a good marker in TT because last year I was seriously off the pace as well as being completely crash happy at Melbourne.

This coming weekend should be very interesting, season 2 is going to be so much different due to the changes in the rules! :)

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
The first race may be next Saturday, but we both know the season starts when Leunam posts his first mega-post!
Very true, bby that times the excitement will be unbearable. It'll be great to see everyone back out there pushing hard to try to avaenge last year, or make their mark early.

Personally, I need to atone for a a very bad start in season 1, and I can only do this if I really get some consistency in this week. Let's just say that this new upgraded rig is going to see a lot of F1 2010 this coming week!

slamskank

Stoked on this starting up again. As poorly as I did in the first not even qualifying, this is the most fun I've had in a racing game.

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
1.21.8xx

Sorry Stop It
I said to FV yesterday that I expected you to hit 1:21.9 after seeing my post. Didn't take long! heh. This coming weekend will be fun.

Orgun

Uh if you guys got any weird messages off me via Steam, that wasnt me, I was hacked.

I've changed my password now so hopefully that won't happen again.

Lucius86

Banned
Orgun said:
Uh if you guys got any weird messages off me via Steam, that wasnt me, I was hacked.

I've changed my password now so hopefully that won't happen again.

Ah ok - I respectfully declined your offer for an orgy

Top Bottom