• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

PC.

There's one open slot so if you want to join, feel free. It's 100% length, full damage on and no assists other than automatic gearbox and the pitlane ones. A fairly big commitment for the next 18 weeks (a race every two weeks) but very fun!

It's nice to have a full grid, so even if you're new don't worry too much. We're friendly :) Just make sure to get out of Lucius' way or he'll ram you in to a wall.

Oh and you'd be driving in the HRT. Sorry about that. :p

Mush

I might be able to jump in. As long as there's a mod that allows me to put Mush on the side of my car rather than "Bruno". :p

Right, guys, I don't get to brag much in this thread let's be honest. I'm not the fastest and I'm not the most skilled. I know I drive the sexiest car, but that's all I could brag about.

UNTIL NOW.

100_6986hhct.jpg

100_6988zdca.jpg

F1 on a 40" 1080p TV. It's insane.

(My 360 is on, but that's my PC hooked up to the TV, obviously)

Fixed1979

Foliorum Viridum said:
PC.

There's one open slot so if you want to join, feel free. It's 100% length, full damage on and no assists other than automatic gearbox and the pitlane ones. A fairly big commitment for the next 18 weeks (a race every two weeks) but very fun!

It's nice to have a full grid, so even if you're new don't worry too much. We're friendly :) Just make sure to get out of Lucius' way or he'll ram you in to a wall.

Oh and you'd be driving in the HRT. Sorry about that. :p

If a spot opens I may be interested.

How is the car setup handled? I can probably manage a race weekend every couple weeks, but doing testing and setting up the car during the week isn't going to happen. Also why did you decide to use automatic gearbox?

Leunam

You can find setups for your car on the race department forums or ask people on here. Automatic gearbox is only for the pitlane.

Acrid and I use 360 controllers, so manual gears are just a pain. Not to mention I don't like them in any racing game.

There's still a slot open, so if you and Mush want to have a quick qualifying session to determine who gets it that would be fine.

For the setup of a car I just go on to Race Department forums and use the one they put together as it always feels good to me. Others like to tweak their own. Testing the car isn't an important thing to do, but you should definitely get yourself familiar with the next track on the schedule before race weekend.

As I said, though, we're a mixed group and newbies are certainly welcome!

Fixed1979

Foliorum Viridum said:
Acrid and I use 360 controllers, so manual gears are just a pain. Not to mention I don't like them in any racing game.

There's still a slot open, so if you and Mush want to have a quick qualifying session to determine who gets it that would be fine.

For the setup of a car I just go on to Race Department forums and use the one they put together as it always feels good to me. Others like to tweak their own. Testing the car isn't an important thing to do, but you should definitely get yourself familiar with the next track on the schedule before race weekend.

As I said, though, we're a mixed group and newbies are certainly welcome!

Mush spoke up first so if he decides to do it then I won't have a problem sitting on the sidelines or maybe even being a sub or something if someone can't make it. No need for for a qualify.

I'm pretty familiar with most of the tracks, some more than others. I certainly don't have a problem with practicing, I just don't have the patience for fine tuning the car. That's what turned me off of iRacing, once you advance at all it became really dependant on your setup.

AcridMeat

Banned
I didn't start putting in Race Department set ups until our 4th race or so. Knowing the tracks is definitely the main focus. Then once you're familiar enough with how the car handles you can make changes and feel the difference, for better or worse depending on the set up.

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Nice to see Youtube brings your failure to your attention before I do :)

Also, I just followed through on our idea to have one unified F1 account: http://www.youtube.com/user/F1NeoGAF

I'll PM you and Stop It the password, and maybe Lucius if he does an example lap of the new tracks? :)

I will do my best to do some laps for the new tracks - 2 weeks gives me flexibility so I hope I can churn some out.

slamskank

Hey guys, I'm gonna have to withdraw from the championship, thought I'd tell you so someone else can have my spot. I just finished a ~3 hour session and it dawned on me that I won't be able to do a 100% race, I don't even want to bother frankly because I know I will ragequit from screwing up and not being able to drive a heavy car. I'm just not at that level and don't have the time to bother... Have a good time with it though, good luck everybody.

Alright mate, no worries. Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully you'll still race with us at times :)

I'll PM Mush and Fixed1979 to see if they're still interested now there's two slots open.

Fixed1979

Still interested, is there a schedule posted anywhere? I want to make sure the dates and times don't conflict with any out of town excursions or weekends that I may be on-call for work.

It's every fortnight, so do your dates accordingly:

Week 1 – Melbourne (this saturday)
Week 2 – Malaysia
Week 3 – Catalunya
Week 4 – Monaco
Week 5 – Montreal
Week 6 – Hockenheimring
Week 7 – Spa
Week 8 – Monza
Week 9 – Singapore

Edit: Actually, I put everything on our Steam group calendar, so you don't have to figure out the dates: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F1GAF

And just so everybody knows what car they're driving before this weekend, since I assume Leunam has been busy:

AcridMeat– Renault
Crag Dweller – Ferarri
Foliorum Viridum – Force India
Leunam – Toro Rosso
Lucius86 – Lotus
Orgun – Sauber
Salacious Crumbs – Williams
Staab – Red Bull
Stop It – Virgin
Tyler - Mercedes

Now that Slamskank has pulled out, there's a McLaren up for grabs. If you can race, it's yours. If not I'll see if another racer wants it! Or I could give you the option of being in the HRT, but I doubt you want that. :p

What's your Steam name, by the way?

Leunam

Ah it's this weekend.

Hmm. Must say I completely forgot and I thought we were starting mid-February. Oh my.

Well I guess this means I have to get to work tonight and work on my banners. :O

Well I'll be playing til quite late due to no univeristy this week, so just message me if I'm playing and we'll invite you in.

Sorry I posted the tracks/racers before you! At least it notified you that the race was this weekend though :p

Fixed1979

Foliorum Viridum said:
Now that Slamskank has pulled out, there's a McLaren up for grabs. If you can race, it's yours. If not I'll see if another racer wants it! Or I could give you the option of being in the HRT, but I doubt you want that. :p

What's your Steam name, by the way?

My first pick would have been McLaren, I'll take a back seat to it though if one of the guys from last year want it. I can't access Steam from work so my only question is the time you guys usually start. Looks like there's a good "world group" and I'm MST(-7).

I'll grab the Steam info when I get home and send you a PM. As long as the time difference isn't an issue I'm in...I would however miss the race on February 5th.

Fixed1979

Leunam said:
Webberint.jpg

HA! (where'd my emotes go?)

Just joined the group [GAF]Fixed. I don't know if I'll get on tonight or not but there will be some Melbourne laps made tomorrow evening for sure.

Leunam

Alright gents, I regret to inform you guys but I'm withdrawing from this season. I know it's a dick move on my part to back out so close to the first race but at least for now, I simply don't feel up to it. I hope you guys have fun this season, especially with a constructors championship in the mix. Foli is taking my place for previews and summaries and I'm sure you're all in good hands with him and Acrid at the helm.

Have fun, and race clean.

:'( I've said everything I can about this already to you, so I'll try to follow on with your awesome posts in style.

topbannerti12.jpg

map1-australiavm27.jpg

leaguename0ixg.jpg

For the rest you'll have to come back on Sunday when I actually have data to go with the other banners. ;)

Fixed1979

Unless GFWL completely take over all of PC gaming this will be the last GFWL game I purchase.

Maybe it's one bad experience but I'm pretty pissed about this shit right now. My credit card expired for Xbox Live and they have suspended my account as payment for the past month is required. This suspension for Xbox Live also suspends my GFWL account...this can't be right I think".

***check ToS***

Shit, there it is. Maybe I can create a new GFWL account and just use that as I don't really give two shits about achievements. So off I go and create a new account log back into F1 go to sign in to the new account and it requires a new CD key, the one I just gave them has already been used.

So not only did they continue to provide a service to an account they knew didn't have a current payment option. Once they got to a month in they suspended both accounts waiting for their fucking 10 bucks. The to top it off they let me register a game (that can only be registered to one account) to an account that's suspended...well fuck me.

I guess I don't have any choice to pay as I have a shit pile of games that are being held ransom for a measly $10, something magnificent will have to happen to give them money for Xbox Live or a GFWL game again.

Fixed1979

jambo said:
Why didn't you update your credit card details on Live?

I guess 'cause I'm a dumbass. I didn't realize that they will keep your gold account open without having a payment method and then back bill you. I assumed that once they tried to bill an expired card they'd just close the account. My bad, I'm a little pissed by it but in the end I can see that I should have probably known better.

I'm more shocked that only one GFWL account can be used with the game.

Fixed1979 said:
Unless GFWL completely take over all of PC gaming this will be the last GFWL game I purchase.

Maybe it's one bad experience but I'm pretty pissed about this shit right now. My credit card expired for Xbox Live and they have suspended my account as payment for the past month is required. This suspension for Xbox Live also suspends my GFWL account...this can't be right I think".

***check ToS***

Shit, there it is. Maybe I can create a new GFWL account and just use that as I don't really give two shits about achievements. So off I go and create a new account log back into F1 go to sign in to the new account and it requires a new CD key, the one I just gave them has already been used.

So not only did they continue to provide a service to an account they knew didn't have a current payment option. Once they got to a month in they suspended both accounts waiting for their fucking 10 bucks. The to top it off they let me register a game (that can only be registered to one account) to an account that's suspended...well fuck me.

I guess I don't have any choice to pay as I have a shit pile of games that are being held ransom for a measly $10, something magnificent will have to happen to give them money for Xbox Live or a GFWL game again.
It's surprisingly not too bad outside of your unfortunate experience with it. Voice chat sounds very good in-game, for example.

By the way, just let us know what assists you want on. Since you've never played the game before we'll let you use whatever you want :)

Lucius86

Banned
Just to re-iterate what FV has said, please help yourself to any assists you want - it's only fair you get a helping hand for the first few races.

Here is a hotlap I made for last season for the first race, Australia. I hope it helps you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKnAOCdlrwg

Leunam, you will be SORELY missed. You were the beating heart of our championship, it will not be the same without you.

Fixed1979

Appreciate it. I do hate assists but if they're required for a couple races then I'll take you up on the offer. I'll call Microsoft to get my account up to date today then spend the night in the racing chair and go from there.

fuckyeahzhyx.jpg

Fuck yeahhhhhhh.

Honestly, I think that's my maximum. I can't see myself improving 0.1 on that. I'm well chuffed I managed to get that quick with a joypad + automatic gears.

AcridMeat

Banned
That same shit happened to me before Fixed, real pain in the ass. Luckily you can get off of auto renewal and remove credit cards much easier on their website now to avoid it happening again.

Fixed1979

AcridMeat said:
That same shit happened to me before Fixed, real pain in the ass. Luckily you can get off of auto renewal and remove credit cards much easier on their website now to avoid it happening again.

2 phone calls totalling 27 minutes and I think I'm done. Learned my lesson on that one. I'm still surprised about GFWL letting me register a game to a suspended account and letting me only register one account for the game but at least it's taken care of now.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Lucius86 said:
Hahahaha

*cries*

Just you wait Lucius, I'll find new and inventive ways of binning it tomorrow, just you wait!

Leunam said:
Alright gents, I regret to inform you guys but I'm withdrawing from this season. I know it's a dick move on my part to back out so close to the first race but at least for now, I simply don't feel up to it. I hope you guys have fun this season, especially with a constructors championship in the mix. Foli is taking my place for previews and summaries and I'm sure you're all in good hands with him and Acrid at the helm.

Have fun, and race clean.
It wont be the same without you :(

Feel free to drop in whenever you like though, you're always welcome to come mess about with us, even if you can't make the "main events".

Leunam

Thanks for the open invitation everyone. I mat jump in halfway but we'll see.

Lucius, is that signed by Christian Klien?

Top Bottom