• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Lucius86 said:
23syi3r.jpg
I missed the pit wall, my computer however, decided otherwise.

How to give up a lead in F1 2010, watch a fantastically timed blue screen! Typical timing really :(

leaguename9igb.jpg

topbanner6hzx.jpg

qualifyingpggz.jpg

019ijt.jpg

02niu4.jpg

03zebr.jpg

04rh9w.jpg

05pfva.jpg

06phvh.jpg

07gfjz.jpg

08ai60.jpg

resultswrzl.jpg

015qs4.jpg

02ir1a.jpg

038shi.jpg

045qk9.jpg

05jp7b.jpg

06jsxy.jpg

07stqo.jpg

08bstx.jpg

interviewshpr5.jpg

33b05d5.jpg

FoliorumViridum: First race of the season and you're back on top. How does it feel?
Lucius86: Ecstatic, but exhausted. It was a long race and there were a few too many errors in there for my liking, but the car made it to the end and it was great to be racing again.
FoliorumViridum: Are you feeling confident about the next 8 races? What do you need to work on?
Lucius86: Mental focus. I drifted off a few times and it cost me a lot of time. I know I have the pace - I just need to capitalise on it with less unforced errors. Being last out of turn 5 is not the best way to start either! So I think I need to be more bold in my opening laps. Definitely room for improvement in a few key areas.
FoliorumViridum: Finally, a conversation you had with your team engineer was overheard on our broadcast. Care to enlighten us on how that strategy turned out for you?
Lucius86: Yeah, there was definitely something wrong with the radio equipment today. I kept hearing people listening in on to my pit strategy - I hope the FIA takes serious action over the culprits. I had an engineer who was more interested in the pool party after the race, and he wanted to sort out the finer details about it - not ideal when going 180Mph! Come join us, the Lotus girls are a real handful ;-) and by handful, i mean they are not fat.....
FoliorumViridum: I'm afraid I can't compromise the BBC's integrity like that. Thank you very much for your time.
Lucius86: Thank you - CANNNNONBALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qyTIR.gif

FoliorumViridum: It was a scrappy race for you, but you managed to get on the podium. What are your thoughts on the race?
AcridMeat: Yeah we were a bit lucky today with other team's misfortunes so can't complain with the result. Unforunately the decoy we planted on the track didn't work as well as we hoped. I need to smack some sense into whoever set up the car too.
FoliorumViridum: You fooled one racer, at least. Are you feeling confident about the next 8 races? What do you need to work on?
AcridMeat: We weren't too far off the pace today so I think we just needed to shake off some cobwebs after the break. The extra time to prepare should help. So long as we keep getting shipments of faulty engines to the other teams we should be in a good position.
FoliorumViridum: Thanks for your time, and I hope the FIA doesn't hear about your Dick Dasterdly antics.
AcridMeat: we have insiders protecting us (FABIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

63m3D.gif

FoliorumViridum: How do you feel about your performance in your first race of the season?
Salacious Crumb: It went a lot better than I could have ever hoped for, going into melbourne I knew it was one of the worst tracks on the calender for me so the priority was damage limitation, finishing second was an outstanding result, and puts me in a very good position in the championship standings. Also I am sleepy.
FoliorumViridum: There were a few close calls for you throughout the race. Did you ever think you were going to DNF?
Salacious Crumb: No not really, any mistakes I made were fairly moderate and nothing close to terminal, the pit crew did an amazing job correcting any mistakes I did make, but of course finishing last is just as bad as a DNF and there was a few to many close calls towards the end as my tyres had completely gone at that point
FoliorumViridum: Looking ahead to the rest of the season, what do you need to work on?
Salacious Crumb: Getting the teams communications system in place, it's frustrating not having people hear my screams when I stuff up, also that sleepy thing I mentioned earlier, something definitely needs to be done about that, maybe an ice bath before the race.
FoliorumViridum: Hopefully your team radio and living quarters will be more suitable in Malaysia. Thanks for your time.

highlightvideostqc3.jpg

Orgun's various qualifying clips.

Orgun's highlights of the race.
"Clips from the first race in F1 2010 NeoGAF season 2. Turns out that losing Force Feedback mid race is quite devestating to your control of the car :) Not to metion having the wheel reset and think that the center position is having the wheel turn to the right."

Foliorum Viridum's fastest qualifying lap.
"I'm really pleased with this lap. I set it on my second hot lap and it wasn't beaten until the last minute!"

Foliorum Viridum's race highlights.
"I'll admit this isn't the most interesting video I've ever made. A lot of the video is overtaking, lapping and being lapped. There's a few bumps in there, though, but it seemed like every incident happened nowhere near me."

currentdriverstandingsjo7e.jpg

01ftir.jpg

021si6.jpg

03iqih.jpg

04lrz6.jpg

05pt7v.jpg

064pdc.jpg

075op7.jpg

stopitbp7m.jpg

currentconstructorsstatqmj.jpg

Yes, that's right - we have a constructor's championship this time. Obviously, if we just did it the normal way then it would mirror the driver standings exactly, so Leunam came up with something different.

It's simple - just set a time trial lap for Malaysia. You can use whatever car you want in time trial, but the points will count for your main team (so if I used a McLaren, which I do in TT, my Force India would get the points). You can do as many laps as you want and all entries until the start of the Malaysian grand prix in two weeks time count. Fastest time is 25, second fastest is 18, etc etc. We'll be using time trial to practice and we always get competitive anyway, so why not have it count towards something!

----------

Right well guys I hope you don't think this post is too shit after Leunam set the standard last year.

Fixed1979

Congrats to Lucius for the win, and thanks for everyone for going easy on the new guy!

Question, I was hoping after the race I could look at the lap times and sector times but I didn't see an option for it. Is there anywhere after a race to view those times or are they not really tracked by the game?

AcridMeat

Banned
Fixed1979 said:
Congrats to Lucius for the win, and thanks for everyone for going easy on the new guy!

Question, I was hoping after the race I could look at the lap times and sector times but I didn't see an option for it. Is there anywhere after a race to view those times or are they not really tracked by the game?

Unfortunately they aren't tracked. Only times set in time trial are saved on leaderboards. You can look at the sector times when you're in the pit garage in game by looking on the monitor. There's a bug where it will only show the 3rd sector time for a little while.

Salacious Crumb

Fantastic work FV, this championship is going to be awesome.

I just did 30 minutes of Malaysia in TT and managed to poop out a 29.7 with an easy extra .5-1 second to wring out, hopefully I'll be able to annoy Lucius next race :)

Lucius86

Banned
Yay, season 2 is on!

Once again Fixed, well done for yesterday. The fact you survived the full race after only starting to play 24 hours earlier is bloody impressive. My driver of the day easily.

Thanks buddy, edited it in!

Haha, I love how you all went off on that first lap. Stop It and I were the only two to take that corner right I think!

Your video was much more interesting than mine, even if it was because you couldn't stay on the road. :p

Salacious Crumb

Wow, I really did pull a schumacher on Staab at the start, The funny thing is I'm positive he was actually behind me from my perspective, but sorry anyway, though it didn't seem to have hindered you much.

Fixed1979

I thought we were on a formation lap until people went off in turn 3. I remember thinking "Everyone's going really fast for a formation lap."

Orgun

The one good thing I will say about Malaysia so far - I can't see myself losing any wings against walls :)

1:34 is my best time so far in time trial, after 5 laps. There's almost nothing to use as a braking point landmark!

1-D_FTW

What the hell, man. My HRT is sitting idle this season? Someone could at least have the decency to run it half a season before raging at their lack of skill.

1-D_FTW

Nah. Not unless you guys suddenly decide to run Monaco every week.

I don't think I'll be playing F1 again until Nvidia decides to make a driver that isn't borked with my GTX 460 and HDTV. Only the original driver isn't fubared. And the performance stinks with that version.

Lucius86

Banned
Salacious Crumb said:
I made a video just to try out this whole fraps thing so I did a few hot laps and got this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXCM_x1S8zo

A bit sloppy but it still puts me 22nd on the leader boards :D

I'll be running fraps during the races as well now.

DAMN - 22nd on the leaderboards is the highest anyone has been I think out of our group. Good work!

Apart from a couple of minor apex misses, that looked pretty much spot on for every corner. I especially like how on a couple of exits and entries you were using up tonnes of the kerb, but never too much to maximise the entry angle and exit speed.

I not touched the track yet - this weekend I will be!

Lucius86

Banned
Right, there are 3-4 corners where I am faster than you by about 3-4 tenths - but the first and last sector you just blow me away. Fuck.

TylerD

DRAT!!! Nobody told me the season was starting last week. :C

I have been caught up in job interviews and thought surely it would kick off in February. Sorry guys!

AcridMeat

Banned
TylerD said:

I have been caught up in job interviews and thought surely it would kick off in February. Sorry guys!
You and your pimping career. Quit rubbing it in!!!

Orgun

TylerD said:

You've only missed one race, still going to join us for the rest?

Stop It

TylerD said:

*slap* Check Steam next time biatch. Anyway, The next race is next Saturday, so you're in the know now, no excuses!

Anyway, need to get some practice in. This race will really be one of attrition, and a few mistakes will probably swing it. I think Crumbs and Lucius are going to make the rest of us look very bad though.

Lucius86

Banned
Holy fuck SC. 14th in the world.

What setup are you using? And how the fuck are you always 3 tenths faster than me in S1!!!

EDIT: Well, normally I would be happy with 70th in the world with a 1.29.7xx - if I can hook up all my best corners then I think I can manage a 1.29.2xx - but a 1.28? No way.

Wow SC, you really have destroyed me here!

Stop It

Salacious Crumb said:
Another 1.5 tenths

c2oyn.png

1 tenth more and I think I'll be at my absolute maximum.
you're just not even funny any more.

I think I could get a 1:29.7xx ish, but so far my best is a 1:30.2xx and 170 in the world. This track just wants you to push, then kills you. That said, the little wide moments that kill your time in TT will not really harm you in the actual racing, so I don't think I'm that badly off.

I don't think that I'll be competing for the top 2/3 (Acrid will be up there too I reckon) but I am not hilariously slow either.

arena08

I am jealous of you guys! I want to join your league but I only have the PS3 version. Is anyone interested in having a few races?

Lucius86

Banned
Right, 41st now with a 1.29.4xx. I can get another 2 tenths out of that I think, but not much more. Going to have to concede first place in the constructors :(

AcridMeat

Banned
web01 said:
What are the best mods for the pc version?

Head to the racedepartment forums, there's a big lighting mod that is great. There are also a bunch of redone high res skins of the cars to make the game look even better.

Also a lot of other car skins that are fun to play around with.

Top Bottom