• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

After the scanning the thread for PS3 league members, we've got 13 potential members (Including me) I've sent everyone who showed interest in the league a friends request.

If someone wants to sign up for the PS3 league, it would be a lot easier to PM me or quote me since scanning the thread takes a while.

I can't wait for this game D:

Angst

Sleeplessnights said:
After the scanning the thread for PS3 league members, we've got 13 potential members (Including me) I've sent everyone who showed interest in the league a friends request.

If someone wants to sign up for the PS3 league, it would be a lot easier to PM me or quote me since scanning the thread takes a while.

I can't wait for this game D:
It might be a good idea to start a separate PS3 thread in the community part of the forum and then make sure everyone with a PS3 and F1 knows about it. You will most likely have to send quite a few PMs...

I would definitely help out, but I'm with the PC crowd for this one.

Angst said:
It might be a good idea to start a separate PS3 thread in the community part of the forum and then make sure everyone with a PS3 and F1 knows about it. You will most likely have to send quite a few PMs...

I would definitely help out, but I'm with the PC crowd for this one.
I'm just waiting to become a full member (300 or 400 posts?) to start a new thread. I'm at the 290's right now.

Feel free to use this thread as much as you want!

I know the OPs are PC centric really, but that's just because last year it was 99% PC players. We'll be happy to follow your league as much as our own.

Foliorum Viridum said:
The pitting looks so fluid now. In some preview footage it looked quite bad, but wow, that looks awesome.

That was a good video review.
hopefully pit releases now use a lollypop man with some brains, pitting ahead of webber to having him 10 seconds ahead of you after a pit is messed up shit!

I was a big fan of the PC guys' league last year. I had the 360 version of 2010, but I'm PC-and-wheel-ready for 2011, got Steam pre-loading now :)

Please add me to the list in the OP-

GFWL:Mr Oblong
Steam:oblongschlong

AcridMeat

Banned
Honestly, we used last year's OT as our hub for the championship. Don't break off into a weird community thread, feel free to use this as your championship hub as well. I'm sure Foli would happily add into the OP anything you write up for the PS3 league so that people know.

Xun

I'm literally waiting on how each console version performs before making a decision.

If I get the PS3 version I'll happily join the league, if I get the 360 version I may very well start up a league if there's enough interest.

Angst

AcridMeat said:
Honestly, we used last year's OT as our hub for the championship. Don't break off into a weird community thread, feel free to use this as your championship hub as well. I'm sure Foli would happily add into the OP anything you write up for the PS3 league so that people know.
Sure, if it works it works :) Don't change a working concept.

I'm just used to how we had to do it with GT5 with 4 or 5 separate threads, but this thread will probably not get 1 000 posts per day :p

Lucius86

Banned
Angst said:
Sure, if it works it works :) Don't change a working concept.

I'm just used to how we had to do it with GT5 with 4 or 5 separate threads, but this thread will probably not get 1 000 posts per day :p

It won't, but it's great to see console players wanting in on the action.

DieH@rd

Banned
Logitech Driving Force EX, is it any good? I can probably find it for cheap.

logitech-driving-force-ex-wheel.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AcridMeat said:
Totally agree.

There is a core base of us PC players, but we are more than happy to get console player sof F1 2011 into the action. This is a thread for F1 fans and racing gamers alike after all and I don't want to see a split between platform.

Anyway, I just want the game in my hands now tbh. I don't care about reviews, they just taunt me for them playing it before me!

Shaneus

ATTN: PC F1 2011 GAMERS WITH ATI CARDS
To make sure your body is ready for when 2011 comes out in a few days, the latest CAP (Catalyst Application Profile) contains a very special entry for F1 2011*. In addition, I'm hoping they'll be using a newer EGO engine so fingers crossed that Crossfire scaling isn't completely shit like it was with 2010.

*Actually, it's the second-to-latest as of this post, but whatever. If you get the latest one, the CAPs are cumulative so that'll have the F1 2011 optimisation.

Omiee

Shaneus said:
To make sure your body is ready for when 2011 comes out in a few days, the latest CAP (Catalyst Application Profile) contains a very special entry for F1 2011*. In addition, I'm hoping they'll be using a newer EGO engine so fingers crossed that Crossfire scaling isn't completely shit like it was with 2010.

*Actually, it's the second-to-latest as of this post, but whatever. If you get the latest one, the CAPs are cumulative so that'll have the F1 2011 optimisation.

my two 6970's are waiting eagerly for this game

Lucius86

Banned
Shaneus said:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Shaneus

Omiee said:
my two 6970's are waiting eagerly for this game
That fix was specifically for single GPU setups, but I'm hoping that us Crossfired folk won't need to worry about specific updates to get decent performance. Was stunned when I found out that 2010 was using a version of EGO that was pre-Dirt 2 (which runs amazingly on my setup).

Lucius86 said:
Thanks for the heads-up.
No problemo! If it's of any more assistance, apparently Catalyst 11.9 will be out before the end of the month and will hopefully contain some performance improvements (and hopefully have the fix for F1 2011 built in). The beta is already showing some good results with some benchmarks and Crysis 2.

Staab

Lucius86 said:
I missed out on F1 2010's DX11 mode for pretty much the entire season with my 4870. My new 6950 is ready.
So you were the culprit for the slow loading times, payback !

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
You ladies should have it so Steam automatically downloads drivers for you.

It fucked up for me once when the feature first came out, I had to uninstall and re-install them - I prefer doing it manual now. It's more hardcore, like manual gears compared to you auto-gear wimps.

Staab said:
So you were the culprit for the slow loading times, payback !

Ha, proud of it.

Never had any issue with Steam grabbing my drivers. Must've been a blip. Try it again - it's really good!

Next month Steam are adding a feature that will wipe your ass, too. /bow

Shaneus

Lucius86 said:
It fucked up for me once when the feature first came out, I had to uninstall and re-install them - I prefer doing it manual now. It's more hardcore, like manual gears compared to you auto-gear wimps.
Although now it seems there's no way to get the individual drivers from the AMD website, you have to use their auto downloader now. Boo.

Well, okay. :p No community thread. Coming to think of it, it would be a pain trying to manage two threads.

arena08 said:
I'd be up for the PS3 league too.

My PSN ID is Arena_08

Added to the members list and sent a friends request. (Now 14, woo)

Xun said:
I'm literally waiting on how each console version performs before making a decision.

If I get the PS3 version I'll happily join the league, if I get the 360 version I may very well start up a league if there's enough interest.

You're in the potential members list, so you're one of the 14!

You should PM Kyaw to see if he'd help with graphics etc. Our league will be quite a bit of work so I'm not sure, but he can send you PSDs at the very least. :)

Shaneus

Pretty sure Codies are a bit shit with demos. At least on PC, I'm pretty sure there weren't demos for Dirt 3 or F1 2010. Might be able to get one for 360 or PS3, though... but that would only be of use if you just want to check out the gameplay.

Foliorum Viridum said:
You should PM Kyaw to see if he'd help with graphics etc. Our league will be quite a bit of work so I'm not sure, but he can send you PSDs at the very least. :)

I will PM him then, I don't want to put too much pressure on him so I might just use the PSDs or find someone to do it for me. :p

@Ark I was going to link to that! :p

Well, unless there's loads of people online who want one final race in the next day or two, I think I'm done!

f1uu44.jpg

Jesus.

My highlights:

This overtake of Stop It. Not incredibly impressive, but the way in which he kept coming back onto the track made me think about backing out, but I kept my foot down and goddamn did it feel good. So close!

The entire race at Catalunya, again mostly because of Stop It. His wheel disconnected, he got a puncture, it looked like it was all going to come down to the last few laps and then BAM, I get a puncture too robbing us of a final epic battle. It played out perfectly.

Our destruction derby. One epic night where not one serious race was had.

+ Countless hours of great banter, inside jokes and meeting random (and often angry) people on GFWL.

I do feel like now it's time for a change. Doing a few races now it definitely feels like I know the game inside out and that it's near impossible to surprise me again. Bring on the new features of 2011.

Kyaw

Sleeplessnights said:
I will PM him then, I don't want to put too much pressure on him so I might just use the PSDs or find someone to do it for me. :p

I will send you the PSD on the 22nd.

Fixed1979

Just finished making room and moving 2011 to my SSD. I still haven't figured out my headphone/mic situation, I figured I'd just use my 595's as my headphones with my cam mic but apparently I don't have a headphone jack (thanks ASUS). Now begins the search for a cheap/decent USB headphone. (1 day - 10 hours)

Staab

I need to replace my mic as well, it's pretty shitty and my headphones are falling apart.
Don't need anything fancy but if anyone has a recommendation for something decent and most of all comfy, shoot !

Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 is what I have. Cheap (£10 when I bought them), comfy and the sound quality seems pretty good.

USB, if it matters.

Fixed, how can I have it so Steam is on my big HDD but F1 2011 alone is on my SSD?

Fixed1979

Foliorum Viridum said:
Fixed, how can I have it so Steam is on my big HDD but F1 2011 alone is on my SSD?

You can do it through the DOS prompt or more preferably LinkShell. It's surprisingly easy. I used it for the short period I played Rift and ran into no issues.

EDIT:

This ones easier to follow:
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/119262-link-shell-extension-create-junctions.html

Just remembered I have a set of Razer headphones in a box somewhere...maybe I can get them working.

I'm so glad you edited in that link because I was about to say that other seemed a bit complicated. That one looks easier!

Cheers. Super fast loading F1 2011 here I come.

Top Bottom