• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

VVV Mars VG

MoGamesXNA said:
VVV Mars VG: I'm hanging out to see your F1 2011 videos mate, your racing game coverage is always of triple-A quality. Do you have an ETA on your Monza race etc?

Hey thanks, new vid up now, Monza later tonight, next vid is just a short look at India.

Considering streaming a 50% or 100% race on Sunday if peeps are interested.

Omiee

VVV Mars VG said:
Hey thanks, new vid up now, Monza later tonight, next vid is just a short look at India.

link to your vids please

Iknos

AcridMeat said:
Keep in mind it looks like there's a good amount of hype for a PS3 league as well, if that's something that interests you.
It does but I can't commit unfortunately.

Come to think of it there are more wheel users on there than on the 360...

I'm leaning towards PS3 now lol.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
VVV Mars VG said:

A 50% or 100% race would be brilliant. Great driving around Montreal btw. Such a good track. Were you playing the PS3 version?

Juicy Bob

In my experience, the majority (not all) of die-hard F1 fans are on PS3 console-wise. I think that's got a lot to do with the popularity of Bizarre Creations' and Psygnosis' F1 games on PSX and then the Studio Liverpool games and exclusive licence on PS2. People, like me, have just naturally progressed into the PS3 because of that.

mclaren777

Adamm said:
Are these actually the same weather settings? 360 looks so much wetter
The 360 version seems to have a persistent mistiness that adds atmosphere to the entire environment.

Juicy Bob said:
People, like me, have just naturally progressed into the PS3 because of that.
I think it's also because Logitech steering wheels work with Sony hardware.

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
Orgun when we were playing the other night:

"What track is this?"

Five corners later...

"Oh, Hungaroring!"

See, it wasnt until my favourite corner (corner 6) that I realised which one it was! Had never raced it in the rain.

Some amazing videos out there already and i'm like the look of the replays in offline mode.

bah 2010 is annoying me right now, game just hung while changing downforce mid race, was doing so well too :(

Trying to get the expert achievement before 2011 hits, it's annoying me.

Yoritomo

I don't understand german at all but I caught the dig at mark webber and starts during the 30 minute pc gameplay vid. HA

HenryHSH

Pre-loading... Can't wait 'til monday. My side monitors haven't been used in a few weeks. :(

dubc35 said:
FYI, there's a great deal on the game on F1's website. It's on sale for preorder! Normally
$89.63
marked down to
$76.20! lol

Oh dear god...

Steal of the century, or bust of the lifetime?

I got Logitech GT Force for $10.

ip01u.jpg

Downloaded Logitech Profiler. Let's hope everything works well! :/

EDIT: Didn't even required Profiler. Works great with Dirt 3! :D

(Though it's hard going from a 900 degree G25 to 200 degree GT Force).

Fixed1979

shagg_187 said:
Steal of the century, or bust of the lifetime?

I got Logitech GT Force for $10.

Downloaded Logitech Profiler. Let's hope everything works well! :/

EDIT: Didn't even required Profiler. Works great with Dirt 3! :D

(Though it's hard going from a 900 degree G25 to 200 degree GT Force).

Shit that brings back memories, I remember trading a shit pile of MtG cards for one of those back in the day then subsequently causing it to smoke and die when plugging it in to the wrong AC adapter.

What happened to your G25?

Staab said:
Steam pre-loading just went live for F1 2011.
10.5 Gb, seems fairly quick !

Fuuuuuu

3 days 3 hours - here we go! Where's my manual!

Don't believe so. Despite Dirt 3 being an utter whore when it comes to DLC, F1 2010 had none and so far we haven't heard that any is planned for 2011, which I'm pleased about.

The only DLC I'd be interested in is new tracks, honestly. And then only if they weren't in-your-face with it like they were in Dirt 3.

It honestly feels like two different companies made these games with the different approaches to DLC.

Shaneus

mblitek said:
Just saw this:

http://youtu.be/D1THKIPBMf8

Trying to decide what version still, any preorder bonuses?
PC one. Obviously! ;)

Foliorum Viridum said:
Don't believe so. Despite Dirt 3 being an utter whore when it comes to DLC, F1 2010 had none and so far we haven't heard that any is planned for 2011, which I'm pleased about.

The only DLC I'd be interested in is new tracks, honestly. And then only if they weren't in-your-face with it like they were in Dirt 3.

It honestly feels like two different companies made these games with the different approaches to DLC.
The other thing is, because it's based on a real-life sport that has a finite amount of events and features from year to year it would be really hard to justify DLC that wasn't something they omitted for a good reason in the first place. Can't really add new liveries or tracks unless they go down some kind of historical route.
There's always Vettel helmets, though...

eemijun

Neo Member
Alittle late to the thread, just bought and pre-loading. I might be interested in racing in the PC league, but don't know depending on work and the fact that I live in the US so the time difference might not be ideal for me. Ill let you guys know as soon as possible.

Shaneus said:
The other thing is, because it's based on a real-life sport that has a finite amount of events and features from year to year it would be really hard to justify DLC that wasn't something they omitted for a good reason in the first place. Can't really add new liveries or tracks unless they go down some kind of historical route.
There's always Vettel helmets, though...
Classic tracks is pretty much what I had in mind. We tend to play the same 8-12 tracks online because some of the new ones are crap, so the chance to get more variety in there? Definitely! Even if it was just for online I'd be okay with that.

But to be honest, 2010 felt like a complete package and 2011 looks to be one as well. I don't want to encourage DLC where it's not needed.

Shaneus

Any idea if there were any hacks to the PC version to allow for custom tracks to be generated/imported? I'm guessing it wouldn't be easy, but Codies games have been cracked (at least marginally) open in the past so we can't completely rule it out... I'd think.

I don't believe so.

The PC community did wonderful graphics mods though. I love my high res texture mods for cars (4000x4000px!) and of course they removed the piss filter pronto.

This year it will be up to the modders to fix the ugly HUD mostly for me.

Shaneus

The high res texture packs are really only for high-RAM cards, yes? I'm only on 2x5850s so I only have 1gb at my disposal (though I only have one screen).

I really hope they improve optimisation of Crossfire as well. Every time I come across a game I have to set a custom profile for, I weep.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
There's some PSVita F1 2011 gameplay captured: here

It looks much better in motion and I'm sure the framerate will be improved by the time it's released.

There's not much footage of the PS3 version around which has me concerned (the 360 videos look amazing). Hopefully Eurogamer will have their usual showdown comparison between the 360 and PS3 versions soon. If the PS3 version is significantly inferior, I might just stick with a copy for the PC this time around. Hopefully my concern is unjustified and there will be parity between the two.

Really hard to tell if those gifs and screenshots in the OP are real life or a game tbh.
Did this get a huge graphical upgrade or something? I thought 2010 mostly looked like ass, the lighting was terrible.

This looks like the lighting from that gta4 mod.

Put me down for 360:

GT: Fong Ghoul

I can't start racing until at least October 8 though - I'll be on my honeymoon.

Just got into F1 this season. Totally in love with this sport and haven't missed a race. Getting really hyped for this game.

What's the consensus on wheels for the 360? Are most of you using them (and which ones), or just sticking with controllers?

SneakyStephan said:
Really hard to tell if those gifs and screenshots in the OP are real life or a game tbh.
Did this get a huge graphical upgrade or something? I thought 2010 mostly looked like ass, the lighting was terrible.

This looks like the lighting from that gta4 mod.
Did you mod it? Vanilla was ugly, but modded F1 2010 was a great looking game. Especially on Ultra after the DX11 patch.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the Steam version for $45. Damn my lack of willpower. I guess I'll be rocking the PC version initially until I know that the PS3 version is reasonable :)

Foliorum Viridum said:

I've actually heard that you only get every other race with the game itself, and that you have to sign up for a paid subscription for the rest.

Staab

Yikes, that nordic guy who did the 30min HD PC gameplay footage also released an intentional SC intervention : here.

Even if he drives like an idiot and actually messes around, it demonstrates the driving limitations and some bugs/annoyances.

Omiee

we could always use kik messenger before races etc to communicate, there is an app on the windows phone, android and ios store's

Top Bottom