• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

kharma45

I'm itching for the next race already, the game is so much better when you're online with people who actually try to play it correctly, and you are playing for something too.

Lucius86

Banned
This is A++ entertainment.

I'm definitely recording voices in the future. Re-living the banter still brings a smile to my face.

I'm itching for the next race already, the game is so much better when you're online with people who actually try to play it correctly, and you are playing for something too.

Yep, that's why I love our league. Everyone has helped make it into a league with character and personality. It would not be the same without FV abusing me at any given oppurtunity, Acrid moaning about lag and Crumbs being our token Aussie.

I will try to keep the lobby closed next time so we don't have randoms.....

Yup we have a small but brilliant little group here. I thought we were lucky last year and somehow we've managed to find just as many cool people this year too.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yep, easily some of the best online experiences I've had were from 2010 and has continued in 2011. I'd love to get our group together on another racing game as well.

I think it's safe to say that when C.A.R.S. gets multiplayer a lot of us will be focusing on that, as well as F1 2012.

The thought of a league in C.A.R.S. is really exciting, although probably not something that would happen for a long time.

Shaneus

I think it's safe to say that when C.A.R.S. gets multiplayer a lot of us will be focusing on that, as well as F1 2012.

The thought of a league in C.A.R.S. is really exciting, although probably not something that would happen for a long time.
Are you in on that? I bought it the other day and had a tremendous amount of fun with it (although, par for the course, DX11 crashes for some weird reason).

Shaneus

Yep, bought it day 1. So have a lot of F1-GAF.
F1 2011-GAF or just F1-GAF. If it was the former, I can understand how I missed out. If it was the latter... for shame!

You have no idea how excited I was when I fired it up and the default track was Bathurst. I think I may have cried.

F1-GAF for me is the people in this thread. That other thread about the "real" sport? Way too many anti-Webber dickheads ;)

There's a list in the CARS thread of every GAFer who has bought it so far. There's quite a few of us, and people like Orgun are just waiting for MP to be added.

Lach

Damn. Monaco AND Rain?

To bad I had to miss it....
Videos look fun though. Did you forget to make the session private?

Juicy Bob

It's a shame no one will ever do a full on sim for consoles. I just don't have the money, time or patience to join the Glorious PC Master Race but rFactor2 and C.A.R.S. look amazing. The hours I spent on GP3/GP4/F1C growing up...

Lucius86

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, stop hammering that one home.

Just because you all got trounced by the rain-master.

MJREW.jpg

Kyaw

When pCARS has stable enough Multiplayer, we really should move over to that.

race-bannerfy1wg.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

qualifying-resultso8knw.png

race-results7rjak.png

current-driver-standi75jfn.png

current-constructor-s3zkn7.png

We have a REAL Ferarri vs McLaren going on here in both drivers and constructors. Exciting!

--------------
Jan 21st - Suzuka
Jan 28th - Monza (last race of season?)

Right guys: Do we want to add more races for after Suzuka and Monza? I think we have enough people and interest in the league we can add 2/3 more for a longer season. Yay/nay?

Brazil, India and Budapest were the three most popular tracks after the ones we've got on the calendar. We could do another vote, but Lucius suggested we just use those and I tend to agree. Thus it would look like:

Jan 21st - Suzuka
Jan 28th - Monza
Feb 4th - Brazil
Feb 11th - India
Feb 18th - Budapest

Can everyone PLEASE give a quick yay/nay vote on this? Cheers.

I would fucking love a league race at India!

You have bad taste in tracks!

If we change a track, we'll have to do the votes again so that it's fair. I think it's best to stick with those, and Brazil and Budapest wouldn't be anywhere near my top choices (I hate Budapest) so it's not my love for India saying that! :p

I also think it would be cool to have a new track since we've all driven the old ones so much. Gives the league one fresh track!

Mad_Ban

I'd love more races :)

Could we swap Hungary and India to make India the last round? It's the best track and it's inauguaral for the league :p

Also I'd love to race with this crowd in other racing games, do many of you lads have rFactor?

Lucius86

Banned
Jan 21st - Suzuka
Jan 28th - Monza
Feb 4th - Singapore
Feb 11th - Silverstone
Feb 18th - Brazil

My preference. Set up a poll with all the tracks we have not raced, and that decides which races.

Goddamnit, Lucius was the reason I wasn't doing a poll and now he demands one.

It's probably the sensible options. Check your PMs, I'll send out a link in a minute.

Edit: I'll steam chat a lot of you cos GAF is crawlingggg.

Edit 2: Right I got everyone either via PM or Steam chat. :)

Glad to see we're going to extend this!

Speech

Would love to see the league extended.

Don't really mind which track tbh, but have voted for..

Brazil (Obviously)
Hungary
Germany

Right, we've reached the point where the results of the top 4 can't change.

Brazil and India are top two, with Budapest and Catalunya joint third. SO:

Jan 21st - Suzuka
Jan 28th - Monza
Feb 4th - Budapest
Feb 11th - India
Feb 18th - Catalunya
Feb 25th - Brazil

Brazil is probably the right choice for the last race (also the 25th is my girlfriend's 21st so unless a miracle happens I won't be racing then).

That will have been a 10 round league then. Pretty damn good considering the state of the game for months.

And with that sorted, Suzuka practice tonight?

Orgun

Right, we've reached the point where the results of the top 4 can't change.

Brazil and India are top two, with Budapest and Catalunya joint third. SO:

Jan 21st - Suzuka
Jan 28th - Monza
Feb 4th - Budapest
Feb 11th - India
Feb 18th - Catalunya
Feb 25th - Brazil

Brazil is probably the right choice for the last race (also the 25th is my girlfriend's 21st so unless a miracle happens I won't be racing then).

That will have been a 10 round league then. Pretty damn good considering the state of the game for months.

And with that sorted, Suzuka practice tonight?

Cool.

I can't make practice today, playing tennis. :/

I haven't done any Suzuka practice yet, I'm out tomorrow night and will be hungover Saturday morning. Not good!

So, in about 10 mins I'll be hosting a Suzuka lobby for a few hours until I head out for a chinese. Hop on if you're about :)

Since the PS3 league never happened, I thought about about buying the game again on Steam now that I also have a gaming capable PC. I don't think the Codies deserve it, but I'd love to play with you guys. Keep up the good races!

Shaneus

Since the PS3 league never happened, I thought about about buying the game again on Steam now that I also have a gaming capable PC. I don't think the Codies deserve it, but I'd love to play with you guys. Keep up the good races!
Do you have Crossfire? Don't buy it. Do you have a remotely crappy (<i5) CPU? Don't buy it. Do you want to support crappy developer practises where games are released in knowingly buggy state? Don't buy it.

Orgun

Get the feeling that i'll be finishing in the middle of the pack tomorrow. Can't quite get into a rhythm on Suzuka.

My best time is only a 1:30.898

Top Bottom