• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Foliorum Viridum said:
I can't use behind the car views anymore. Makes it too hard to judge corners and you get no sense of speed.

The corners are the main problem. But it's not too bad once you've taken each one so many times. You get into a rhythm.

mocoworm said:
I am pretty gutted about this. I am sure the gameplay will make up for the visuals though. Gameplay is what it's all about right ? :)

this is a dirty attempt to cash in with modified f1 2009 psp code. f1 vita will have the same awful handling and codies patented fake ai present... stay well clear.

codemasters and sumo digital are a joke.

Lucius86

Banned
Just got word the 4th dev diary should be going live tomorrow. Plus the F1 2011 launch trailer will be added very soon too.

Will update the |OT| when I have the info.

Iknos

OK PS3 or 360?

Building a new PC later this Fall and so I want to start with a console version. Going from console to PC will seem like a pleasant upgrade hopefully.

Got the P911TS that works on both and G27 which is PS3 only.

If I had a friend that could bring his PS3 copy of F1 over I could do 2 wheels head to head over LAN. That is a big pro for the PS3 version.

360 probably has better graphics just like how Dirt 3 looked clearly better on the Xbox. I value a steady framerate and better detail. My cousin also loves F1 games and he only has an Xbox so I can give it to him when I get the PC version which is nice.

Can't commit to any leagues but am willing to race competitively and clean but I can't commit to any schedule I think I'll join the GT5 GAF races this Fall instead.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Iknos said:
OK PS3 or 360?

Building a new PC later this Fall and so I want to start with a console version. Going from console to PC will seem like a pleasant upgrade hopefully.

If I had a friend that could bring his PS3 copy of F1 over I could do 2 wheels head to head over LAN. That is a big pro for the PS3 version.

360 probably has better graphics just like how Dirt 3 looked clearly better on the Xbox. I value a steady framerate and better detail. My cousin also loves F1 games and he only has an Xbox so I can give it to him when I get the PC version which is nice.

Can't commit to any leagues but am willing to race competitively and clean but I can't commit to any schedule I think I'll join the GT5 GAF races this Fall instead.

I decided to go for the PS3 over the 360 version. The 360 typically has slightly higher texture resolution (at times) and better anti-aliasing. Although I prefer the FF wheel compatibility and free online multiplayer on the PS3 over the graphical advantages the 360 version has.

People's situations will vary though. I have a decent wheel (G27) & racing rig set-up (VR3) so it makes sense to use the PS3. If you're just planning on playing with a controller and already have XBL Gold, the 360 version would be the way to go IMO.

Iknos

MoGamesXNA said:
I decided to go for the PS3 over the 360 version. The 360 typically has slightly higher texture resolution (at times) and better anti-aliasing. Although I prefer the FF wheel compatibility and free online multiplayer on the PS3 over the graphical advantages the 360 version has.

People's situations will vary though. I have a decent wheel (G27) & racing rig set-up (VR3) so it makes sense to use the PS3. If you're just planning on playing with a controller and already have XBL Gold, the 360 version would be the way to go IMO.

I can't decide whether to commit to the GAF league either :p I'd like to, I'm just more of a single player gamer. Playing PGR2 'cleanly' with a decent group of players is one of my fondest gaming memories though. It sounds like the GAF league respects racing etiquette, so the interest in joining is definitely there!

Got gold and I have a very good wheel...so it looks like its the 360 version then.

I really like the idea of using both of my wheels for the PS3 for LAN play but that isn't going to happen too often. I'll be looking at the graphics all the time. So in that respect I guess the 360 version should be a no brainer.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Iknos said:
OK PS3 or 360?

I'm presuming that the P911TS is the uber Fanatec wheel? That wheel looks mint. I'd definitely go for the 360 version then. The buttons look like they'd be nicely positioned for KERS and DRS as well.

AcridMeat

Banned
Iknos said:
Got gold and I have a very good wheel...so it looks like its the 360 version then.

I really like the idea of using both of my wheels for the PS3 for LAN play but that isn't going to happen too often. I'll be looking at the graphics all the time. So in that respect I guess the 360 version should be a no brainer.

Keep in mind it looks like there's a good amount of hype for a PS3 league as well, if that's something that interests you.

Gav

For whatever reason, i never got round to picking up F1 2010. I blame work.

Anyway. Im getting a bit over excited for this game, and will be there day 1, and cant wait to get stuck in.

XBL: Norfolkandgood

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think that the safety car and F1 sounds have been dubbed been over in the dev diary for cinematic effect... or is that the actual in-game audio? If that is the actual game audio, it sounds a lot better than F1 2010

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dang, man. I really want this. Can't be buying games for more than $25 tho. Hope you guys stick with it for a long time like you say you will.

ibyl1wM1PKcwel.gif

Juicy Bob

Trust me, if F1 2011 is really the improvement that it looks like it will be, people will be playing this game right up until F1 2012's released, I promise you.

EDIT:

SunhiLegend
GAF-1's GIF God
(Today, 10:23 AM)
Reply | Quote

Lucius86

Banned
Juicy Bob said:
Another brand-new, unique and very dramatic preview video just went up at Formula1.com

Aye, was nice. I like how off the start you can actually see the rear wheels spin up.

Any more vids you peeps find (I can't go hunting thanks to work!) then post them here and will add to the |OT|.

Dilly

Banned
I love how you can see the bodywork flexing and the suspension working.

They also got the McLaren livery colour right this time.

Lucius86

Banned
I just been asked to do overtime for next weekend. YEAH RIGHT.

I actually have a legit reason as I am moving house Saturday - but nothing would have got in the way of F1 2011

Shaneus

Will the voice chat for the comp be done via Steam or is it done in game? Just thinking of where I should buy it from...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh god.

Those pictures, GIFs and especially that German video...I want this game in my PC right now!

Angst

Shaneus said:
Will the voice chat for the comp be done via Steam or is it done in game? Just thinking of where I should buy it from...
From the OP:

"Just like last year, the game uses Games for Windows Live to manage friends, messaging and voice chat. Though some people have issues with GFWL, last year we found it very good for inviting friends and voice chat, so other third party software such as Mumble will not be required to play with GAFers. "

Top Bottom