• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Is there a way to eat lots of pie easily? It seems like you can only do it when you take damage in combat...

Is there a better way to change your weight quickly?

Definity

So I think I got hit with a glitch that will not allow me to proceed.

It's early on in the game at Reaver's Mansion. There are some doors that I'm supposed to go in but they never open nor do they give me the option to open them. I've reloaded the mission and restarted my box and still get the same result.

Anyone else stuck there?

Aquavelvaman said:
Is there a way to eat lots of pie easily? It seems like you can only do it when you take damage in combat...

Is there a better way to change your weight quickly?
You can eat it when you buy it instead of putting it in your inventory. So you can eat all 7 of those pies right at the stall, or whatever other food is being sold there.

fernoca

Plasma said:
I don't think so, you can
buy that fort later on and his ghost is there for the quest.
Yep.
I tried to, and at a moment he just
died automatically. But yep, his ghost appears when you buy the fort. There's an achievement and a weapon (hammer: Willmageddon) for getting 2,000 points in the mortar mini-game.

Eric WK

fernoca said:
Yep.
I tried to, and at a moment he just
died automatically. But yep, his ghost appears when you buy the fort. There's an achievement and a weapon (hammer: Willmageddon) for getting 2,000 points in the mortar mini-game.

The legendary weapons are random for each person. I got that hammer behind a demon door and a different weapon for hitting 2,000 pts.

the inventory system is so wierd.. I thought I could only get four spells, due to their being four spell gauntlet alcoves, but now that I get more, you just sort of scroll through them and sometimes they appear physically and sometimes not? All throughout this game you can see Peter Molyneux reaching for something really high and not quite getting it. But that's also kind of why I like it.

fernoca

E-Mercenary said:
the inventory system is so wierd.. I thought I could only get four spells, due to their being four spell gauntlet alcoves, but now that I get more, you just sort of scroll through them and sometimes they appear physically and sometimes not? All throughout this game you can see Peter Molyneux reaching for something really high and not quite getting it. But that's also kind of why I like it.
Same with everything. Clothes, weapons, etc. You have to scroll to see the rest.

Mr. Sam

Got it today in the UK.

Right now, I'm preferring Fable II but I think I'll probably prefer III once I get into the swing of things. After becoming pretty much a walking god in II, I feel oddly vulnerable now.

Also, I don't like how the old king is seemingly admired. I was pretty much Satan.

Dineren

Banned
Well I'm nearing the end of the game, I've enjoyed it so far for the most part, but some things are really annoying me. Apparently I accidently killed someone during
the castle assault
and now everyone I talk to calls me a murderer despite the fact that my morality gauge is maxed and I'm making everyone happy. Is there anyway to stop this or am I doomed to be a murderer forever?

Square Triangle said:
I'm sure someone has asked but what is the best way to make money? Just buy every property and do the jobs?
Yeah pretty much just wait until you unlock level 5 or something job chest, get that. Then grind some gold for a bit. That should be enough to net you a few stores (stores don't require maintenance like houses do). And then money will be rolling in as you play the game. Obviously keep re investing it in more property as you get enough.

Does anybody have a spare "Absolver Hammer and Dragon Breath Tattoo" DLC code? I'm willing to trade multiple villager import codes, Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo codes, hell Dance Central song codes if that's you thing.

Didn't get a response here the first time I mentioned it but looked elsewhere and others have the same problem: hitting start, going to the sanctuary and having no way to get out. Not playing this game any more until it's fixed.

a Master Ninja said:
Does anybody have a spare "Absolver Hammer and Dragon Breath Tattoo" DLC code? I'm willing to trade multiple villager import codes, Channeler Sword and Crystal Tattoo codes, hell Dance Central song codes if that's you thing.

You have multiple villager import codes? I didn't even end up with one and I pre-ordered from a supposedly participating retailer (Newegg) :(

HadesGigas said:
You have multiple villager import codes? I didn't even end up with one and I pre-ordered from a supposedly participating retailer (Newegg) :(
I'll PM you one. But I am looking for that Wal-Mart weapon pre-order code if anybody has it.

fernoca

Started the second playthrough as an evil female a few hours ago.
So much fun killing everyone and destroying everything. Can't wait to be an evil queen. :lol :lol

EDIT:
Darn a Master Ninja, too bad I don't have one. :/
The rare time you actually ask for something, hope someone has one laying around.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
omg... can someone PLEASE tell me where I need to go for the "Book of Mystery" quest?

The autopath thing doesn't even show up. I know its supposed to be in Mistpeak, but thats a lot of ground to cover and I've been running around for an hour already.

a Master Ninja said:
I'll PM you one. But I am looking for that Wal-Mart weapon pre-order code if anybody has it.

Thanks again. It says it's invalid though. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just a problem on their end because it seems like a huge mess overall.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So that weapon pack that went up for free right before launch is the same thing as the DLC code included with the game?

cause I went to redeem the code and it said I already owned the content

fernoca

HadesGigas said:
Thanks again. It says it's invalid though. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just a problem on their end because it seems like a huge mess overall.
Try changing the zeroes with letter 'o' if anything.

And keep in mind that the code is for the site and you need to be signed in before creating the villager and using the code; to avoid problems.

Snuggler said:
So that weapon pack that went up for free right before launch is the same thing as the DLC code included with the game?

cause I went to redeem the code and it said I already owned the content
Nope.
It's basically to allow people see the items in co-op.

The DLC code stuff code actually costs 160 Microsoft Points, each.

Retrofluxed

For anyone interested, this may work for you too. So I pre-ordered the Amazon version and got the Balance Hammer. Well, I really wanted Garth's Sword, so I walked into Best Buy tonight and told them my wife bought a me copy, but didn't get the card. They handed one over no questions asked nor receipt proof.

Edit: Snuggler, what is your GT? I'll add you and maybe we can swap some weapons. However, I don't have
Aurora
unlocked yet.

SpudBud

Man this Jasper bug is a bitch. I've already started the game over once but now he's mute again.

Has anyone heard of a fix for the mute Jasper issue?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DY_nasty said:
omg... can someone PLEASE tell me where I need to go for the "Book of Mystery" quest?

The autopath thing doesn't even show up. I know its supposed to be in Mistpeak, but thats a lot of ground to cover and I've been running around for an hour already.
Got it... damn i hope this shit gets patched...

So I decided to give this game another chance. The good?
The Game
was a hilarious quest and I'm glad I got to go through it. The bad? Every time I try to save a custom outfit in the sanctuary, the room empties out, Jasper disappears, and I can't escape it. Just an empty room. Hitting any of the face buttons causes usual stuff like casting magic, melee attacks, etc. Hitting A does nothing. Hitting start, select, triggers, bumpers... all do nothing.

I have to exit to the dashboard and restart the game. Sure enough when I tried it again the same thing happened. Luckily I didn't really lose much progress - maybe 10 minutes or so, but I'm really starting to sense that this game is either unfinished, unpolished, or doesn't want me to like it. Maybe its all three.

Dammit.

zlatko

Banned
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1130705p1.html

IGN editorial discussing the shortcomings of the game. Thought maybe some of you would like to debate what he argues.

Personally, after being shafted so hard with Fable 2 I'm not going anywhere near Fable 3. I feel the games are not even RPGs anymore and just a complete casual gamers romp. I could really go on and on about why I hated F2 as much as I did, but that's not here or there.

A lot of people and reviews are saying what this guy is in his editorial about the game not being a step forward or better than F1 and F2, yet it's still getting solid marks. Are people just scared to give the game a low number that it rightly deserves? Fable 2 felt like THE most over hyped game this generation to me, and reviews felt so poorly formed to address any of the issues that it was like I had played a completely different game.

What's Gafs take on F3?

zlatko said:
I feel the games are not even RPGs anymore and just a complete casual gamers romp.
141uzrp.jpg

Teknoman

So with people saying the game's combat is too easy, how fun has co-op mode for those who have tried it? Too easy, or does the game adjust?

Shanks

Every single female in this game is ugly. My king has always been single and always will be due to Albion being full of dirty beggars or women with 4 foot tall hairstyles. I should of told Elise to leave that one chump.

Skirn

I picked up my pre-order at GameStop here in Sweden yesterday, got my pre-order code for a sword and tattoo but I can't redeem it. It's only 16 digits long and the Xbox Dashboard wants me to type in a code that's 25 numbers long. What gives? Is it because I live in Euroland and the pre-order code's American?

Great game so far. I've played almost 4 hours now and no bugs yet. *knocks on wood*

Nelo Ice

Banned
im pretty addicted to this game as in in ive played like 9 hours and have only recently gotten the
dwellers
as my followers

ive also accumulated 90k+ in rent $$ :lol :D

fernoca

Skirn said:
I picked up my pre-order at GameStop here in Sweden yesterday, got my pre-order code for a sword and tattoo but I can't redeem it. It's only 16 digits long and the Xbox Dashboard wants me to type in a code that's 25 numbers long. What gives? Is it because I live in Euroland and the pre-order code's American?
Aren't codes 25 digits long across all regions? I've gotten codes from the UK and redeemed them and were 25 digits.

fernoca said:
Aren't codes 25 digits long across all regions? I've gotten codes from the UK and redeemed them and were 25 digits.

I think that might actually be a villager maker code then? Or some other code you enter somewhere other than Xbox.com.

fernoca

HadesGigas said:
I think that might actually be a villager maker code then? Or some other code you enter somewhere other than Xbox.com.
That might be it.
Just checked my villager code and it is 16 digits long.
So yep Skirn. Go to xbox.com/fable3 and create your villager....it seems. :D

Skirn

fernoca said:

I have no idea, but I guess the pre-order code I got is an American one... or that the card's misprinted. Seems weird that GameStop Sweden would hand out American codes though.

Anyway, I've tried redeeming it several times to no avail. If anyone from the States wants the code, just quote this post and I'll PM it.

Fake Turbo Edit: I'll try the Fable webpage before I'll hand out the code. :lol

fernoca

Skirn said:
I have no idea, but I guess the pre-order code I got is an American one... or that the card's misprinted. Seems weird that GameStop Sweden would hand out American codes though.

Anyway, I've tried redeeming it several times to no avail. If anyone from the States wants the code, just quote this post and I'll PM it.

Fake Turbo Edit: I'll try the Fable webpage before I'll hand out the code. :lol
Though american codes are also 25 digits, so even if you gave it out it won't be DLC for the game.

So it seems is the village maker code for xbox.com.
The site has been giving problems to some, so good luck. Try to be signed in with your Live account before creating the villager and using the code there just in case.

Skirn

It's a code for "The Inquisitor" weapon and a tattoo, so it probably wont work for Villager Maker... maybe I should've mentioned that earlier.

There are instruction on the voucher. It says to press Xbox Guide button, go to the Marketplace tab and then Redeem Code. I've tried that, doesn't work, and the Fable webpage doesn't seem to have any other places to redeem codes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm just a little bit in but I really like it so far. That big decision was tough, specially since I was getting ready to bash the game for making every choice good vs. evil.

although I suppose I'm easy to please, I'm a big fan of the series so far that's why I wanted this thread but still, I'm enjoying it very much

once I progress my lady a bit more I'll be ready for one of you to put a babby in me

FHIZ

Shanks said:
I should of told Elise to leave that one chump.

Was that the quest where you had to rescue the chick from the sewer? If so, man... I don't know, she had a major double chin going.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
hold on a bit

so is there no way I can give money to the poor people? The best I can do is shake their hands?

.... : /

fernoca

Skirn said:
It's a code for "The Inquisitor" weapon and a tattoo, so it probably wont work for Villager Maker... maybe I should've mentioned that earlier.

There are instruction on the voucher. It says to press Xbox Guide button, go to the Marketplace tab and then Redeem Code. I've tried that, doesn't work, and the Fable webpage doesn't seem to have any other places to redeem codes.

Edit: Just quote and ask for the code and I'll PM it... if anyone's still interested of a seemingly broken code, that is.
Go here, change it to your region though:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Fable-III/VillagerMaker
And try the code there.

It seems to be a mistake or something, since all codes from all regions I've tried around are 25 digits. Try calling them back just in case.

Snuggler said:
hold on a bit

so is there no way I can give money to the poor people? The best I can do is shake their hands?

.... : /
Pressing RB (Right Bumper) gives them money. 10 coins.
Only to people that ask for money and only if you have money.

FHIZ said:
Was that the quest where you had to rescue the chick from the sewer? If so, man... I don't know, she had a major double chin going.
Depends though.
If you play as a woman, is Elliot actually (a guy).
The mission also depends on if you
chose to kill him/her at the beginning or not. Killing him/her only changes that character you rescue to a generic one. Also changes the dialog to more basic exchanges, instead of "one with history".

Is it me or is the lighting in this game nonexistent? I usually don't get hung up on technical stuff like this, but everything seems so washed out and a little World of Warcrafty if you know what I mean. I kinda have the feeling they had to cut down on some stuff to make the game run better. I'm kinda with the guy with the Dr. Manhattan avatar right now. Maybe it's nostalgia glasses, but Fable 2 gripped me a lot more quickly than three. F3 just seems kind of less polished. Like the dog thing. That was a huge part of Fable 2. In 3, he's just kind of there. Fetch doesn't even fucking work. The holding hands touch thing Peter raved about is half broken and buggy. The expression system lacks any choice. The frame rate can be pretty bad too. I've had jobs fuck up constantly because the game just freezes for a split second during time sensitive button presses. I kind of feel they went a tad to far with the ease of use gameplay. Fable 2 just seemed like the perfect balance between action and RPG. The set up story wise is kind of weak compared to F2. I know that sounds harsh, it's just I loved F2 so much. I'm still liking the game, it's just a tad less than what I was expecting at this point.

Top Bottom