• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Monocle

Azure Phoenix said:
Yes, you can mix and match individual parts. What they've shown is just a way for you to quickly select and wear a set of clothing, by walking up to a preset mannequin and selecting to wear what is displayed on it.

For example if you've got two favourite sets of clothing you want to change between frequently, you can set them to two mannequins in the clothing room and then when you want to change between them you just walk up to the set you want to wear and select it.

There are only a few dyes now, but instead of having 15 types of green you just have one bottle of green and you can adjust the hue of it.
Wicked! Thanks for the reply.

Azure Phoenix said:
Co-op is fully fleshed out. You use your own hero and your actions affect your moral standing in their world, I believe they said loot you obtain is kept and you can marry your co-op partner (which joins both of your finances together) and have children with them. The camera is also no longer shared.

There is also offline co-op which is basically the same, but the camera is linked ala. Fable II.

Awesome, me and my buddy are going to play the shit out of this.

Zeal

Banned
The Dutch Slayer said:
Just got an amazon e-mail .............

WHAT????? THE FUCK?????

Ordered on the 14th of august 2010

this better only be for the limited edition and not the actual game.

This sounds like a bigger pain than the dolls in Fable 2, but potentially more useful in that they are probably can be equipped and used.
dEEH4.png

We'll have to work out some trading, GAF.

~Kinggi~

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
This sounds like a bigger pain than the dolls in Fable 2, but potentially more useful in that they are probably can be equipped and used.
dEEH4.png

We'll have to work out some trading, GAF.
The legendary weapons are probably created from your play style, since the weapons morph.

~Kinggi~ said:
The legendary weapons are probably created from your play style, since the weapons morph.

What?

I was serious about the ice skating comment a page back... Killed Fable 2 for me. Has anyone played it at any length to know if this horrific rendition of "momentum" based gameplay has been removed.

~Kinggi~ said:
You create legendary weapons based on what you do., If you kill a specific enemy it starts to look like that enemy and get stats. If you are good and evil same thing happens. It actually sounded really cool.

Aaaaannnnnd ice skating doesn't sound so bad anymore.

~Kinggi~

Banned
FrostuTheNinja said:

What?

I was serious about the ice skating comment a page back... Killed Fable 2 for me. Has anyone played it at any length to know if this horrific rendition of "momentum" based gameplay has been removed.
You create legendary weapons based on what you do., If you kill a specific enemy it starts to look like that enemy and get stats. If you are good and evil same thing happens. It actually sounded really cool.

Nelo Ice

Banned
FrostuTheNinja said:

What?

from the lionhead forums

# At the start of the game you will choose from four starting weapons (Sword, Hammer, Rifle, Pistol) that will morph throughout your play through. Your weapon will morph depending on how you use it, if you kill innocents it drips blood if you only kill enemies it will glow. It may curve depending on how you use it. Your Gamer score also effects the weapon. Legendary weapons are also included and may or may not morph.

1st ive heard of gamerscore affect wpns though

Shaka

FrostuTheNinja said:

What?

Aaaaannnnnd ice skating doesn't sound so bad anymore.
Ice skating made Fable 2 unplayable for me. Fix this shit!

fernoca

~Kinggi~ said:
As far as I know, Legendary Weapons are separate, and like in the previous games only obtained doing specific tasks (like the one for donating at the Temple of Light, or finishing th Crucible with all perfect rounds; in Fable II)

EDIT:
Yep.
Your weapon will morph depending on how you use it, if you kill innocents it drips blood if you only kill enemies it will glow. It may curve depending on how you use it. Your Gamer score also effects the weapon. Legendary weapons are also included and may or may not morph.

MisterAnderson said:
So did they sort out the goddawful co-op from Fable 2 this time around?
Check the OP.
Yep. ;)

I think the lower level of hype will lead to...

A) lower review scores in general (8's instead of 9's)

B) more positive impressions from people here ("pleasantly surprised")

I think this will ultimately be a more satisfying and polished experience than Fable 2 was. It has a certain quiet confidence about it that I like. We'll see soon enough!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Poimandres said:
I think the lower level of hype will lead to...

A) lower review scores in general (8's instead of 9's)

B) more positive impressions from people here ("pleasantly surprised")

I think this will ultimately be a more satisfying and polished experience than Fable 2 was. It has a certain quiet confidence about it that I like. We'll see soon enough!

Sounds like the truth. The hype is muted, but I think it's close to a guarantee to be the best Fable game yet. I think the Molyneux hype machine is dead, most people are over it by now. We know not to expect some revolutionary, amazing game - we just expect another Fable. Still, for a fan of the series, like myself, that's not a bad thing. What we know of this sounds good and if they really do improve like they did from Fable 1 -> 2 it'll be a damn good game.

(I'm sold. Unfortunately I'll have to wait a few days after release for my copy. :*

TheOddOne

LEVEL review scores
Fallout New Vegas: 8/10
Civilization V: 7/10
Fable III: 8/10
Vanquish: 8/10
Prof. Layton and the Lost Future: 8/10
NBA Jam: 5/10
Sonic 4: Ep 1: 7/10
Medal of Honor: 6/10
Quantum Theory: 3/10
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011: 7/10
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: 7/10
Amnesia: The Dark Descent: 8/10
F1 2010: 8/10
Final Fantasy XIV: 4/10
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes: 6/10
EA Sports MMA: 7/10

Rad-

From Lionhead forums, here are LEVEL's pros and cons:

+Albion has a grand, and almost epic feel in Fable 3. The size of Albion is gigantic, compared to that of Fable 2.

+The menu system, is very ambitious, but takes getting used to

+Story, and voice acting is much improved, and the game has seemed to have take a more "cinematic" route

-Graphics are worse than that of Fable 2, and feature alot of graphical texture pop-ins, and other annoying issues as well

-Game last half is much worse than 1st half, and ending feels to broad.

-Feels very Fable 2.5 for them (not much improvements, regardless of the menu system, or touch system)

Pretty much what's expected though graphics being worse than Fable 2 sounds a bit strange.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Most of those points are 'bleh' to me, but I'm most curious about the graphics. Fable 2 was a very pretty game at times, but all the tech issues shat all over it. Hopefully they can deliver similar graphics without all the slow down and tearing and vaseline screen.

Jb

+Albion has a grand, and almost epic feel in Fable 3. The size of Albion is gigantic, compared to that of Fable 2.
Now that's good to hear :D . I'm also glad the writing also seems to have been improved, I didn't care much for any of the dialogues in 2 (and yet I usually love british humour).

-Game last half is much worse than 1st half, and ending feels to broad.
So basically the whole governing part is disappointing? That's a shame.

Hixx

Rad- said:
From Lionhead forums, here are LEVEL's pros and cons:

Pretty much what's expected though graphics being worse than Fable 2 sounds a bit strange.

From the videos it looks like they've gone for a different visual style... I thought they (the videos) looked quite nice too. Opinions though, eh?

Albion being 'gigantic' this time is great. One of the problems I've had with the Fable games is that the world seemed a bit small. Arrrrrgh should have the game in my hands in exactly one week, barring the postie being rubbish.

Rad- said:
I'm not surprised, the character models certainly have looked like a step down from Fable II in all the videos and there has been evidence of pop-in. The environments are far more expansive though and I'd rather sacrifice visual quality if it means having more to explore without having a loading screen slapped in your face.

eshwaaz

Jay-B said:
So basically the whole governing part is disappointing? That's a shame.
That's always been my biggest concern ever since I'd read about the governing aspect. A major shift in gameplay focus like that sounded very risky.

derFeef said:
What is the "king" part about anyway? I have not read/heard anything about it - can anyone lighten me up?

Half way through the game, you topple your brother and become king. Here on out you control Albion, and have to decide if you want to make good on the promises you made, in order to get the people of Albion to help you topple your brother, or you just become a dick.

2San

Honestly never really cared for Fable, since it wasn't story driven. Proper co-op does makes it pretty tempting, regardless of story. So how is co-op(online) setup? Each of us has a charater and he joins my game(or vice versa)? What did LEVEL's review mean with broad ending?

2San said:
So how is co-op(online) setup? Each of us has a charater and he joins my game(or vice versa)?
Yes. You both have your own character in your own version of Albion during the single player, but in co-op the second player joins the hosts version of Albion with their character - like in Fable II but without the henchman nonsense.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
2San said:
Honestly never really cared for Fable, since it wasn't story driven. Proper co-op does makes it pretty tempting, regardless of story. So how is co-op(online) setup? Each of us has a charater and he joins my game(or vice versa)? What did LEVEL's review mean with broad ending?

:lol

All Fables are heavily storydriven. The player has a very limited freedom within that story.

2San

Azure Phoenix said:
Yes. You both have your own character in your own version of Albion during the single player, but in co-op the second player joins the hosts version of Albion with their character - like in Fable II but without the henchman nonsense.
Sounds good. Been w8ing for a good co-op RPG, it's been a while since the last one.

neorej said:
:lol

All Fables are heavily storydriven. The player has a very limited freedom within that story.
Should have said didn't have compelling stories. It's been a while since I read the reviews, never played the games mind you.

derFeef

Vinterbird said:
Half way through the game, you topple your brother and become king. Here on out you control Albion, and have to decide if you want to make good on the promises you made, in order to get the people of Albion to help you topple your brother, or you just become a dick.
Okay thanks, that was what I read already. Does the gameplay also change or do you still run around Fable-style?

Top Bottom