• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

When scrolling through my Timeline, I only see pictures that I haven't removed. But, when I click on the "Photos" under my Cover picture, I see a bunch of removed photos and all of them show that they are viewable under my Timeline. What am I doing wrong?

So I got the new profile and published it, but I can't seem to remove any stuff I liked like movies. Are we not allowed to change this stuff after we publish?

Okay, so using FB some more the constant newsfeed on the right is actually pretty useful. Being able to see people's updates from your profile or wherever you are and being able to mouse over them to watch/listen or respond is pretty cool. It still all looks super cluttered but I'm starting to see the merits of some of teh changes

Oh and the timeline is incredibly cool! Nice idea!

Firestorm

Jzero15 said:
Doesn't work for me ;// i wanted to see all the bastards who deleted me.
Yeah it just doesn't show people I deleted. Or maybe it only shows up to a certain amount of them? I didn't count.

Vgamer

bluehat9 said:
I still don't even have the ticker on my page. That was launched totally separate and before the whole timeline conference, wasn't it?

Ya I still don't have the ticker either. It launched on Tuesday I think. It seems like all my friends on facebook were complaining about it on Tuesday and Wednesday and I still have not even seen it lol. If its taking this long to roll out the ticker I imagine it will take a really long time to roll out the Timeline so its live for all users. :(

Jake.

Jake. said:
can you still have pictures (inc thumbs) set to private for people who aren't friends with timeline?

anyone? i've tried to get timeline, but i'm guessing its only for US users at the moment.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
still no ticker for me :(

what resolution does the big pic need to be?

A00man said:
Anybody know the resolution for the cover picture on the timeline profile?
Approximately 851 x 313.

I'm having a major problem in Chrome, the timeline pages just flat out aren't showing up anymore, after working perfectly last night. Ho hum, roll on October 1st I suppose!

EDIT: Infact, scratch that, the entire site seems to be running like garbage since activating my timeline. Going to revert back if thats possible.

Holy shit timeline is fucking outstanding, I can't wait for everyone else to be able to see this.

(Though I worry abou where the wall has disappeared to)

WHOA WHEN YOU CLICK ON "ABOUT" THE WHOLE PAGE SCROLLS UP AND CHANGES OMG WHAAAT!!?!?!

RDreamer said:
This timeline is pretty cool and kind of crazy thinking about if you have all this stuff filled out and done up through your life what your kids would think looking at it. I mean I've only seen like 2 or 3 pictures of my parents when they were younger than 25 or so. It'd blow my mind to see a timeline like this of them, but I think by the time I'm having children they'll be able to read all this crap about me... weird.
I actually think this is really, really cool. I would love, LOVE beyond words to be able to have something like this for my mom and dad. To read about their lives and what adventures they went on, parties they went to, people they knew, that would be just amazing. I've been bugging my dad to write his memoirs for a while now, and like, once your parents are gone, you never get to hear any more of their stories. To have something like this new timeline for them would be so fucking welcome.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
add me to fb, im forever alone

facebook.com/dama1

glaringradio said:
Approximately 851 x 313.

I'm having a major problem in Chrome, the timeline pages just flat out aren't showing up anymore, after working perfectly last night. Ho hum, roll on October 1st I suppose!

EDIT: Infact, scratch that, the entire site seems to be running like garbage since activating my timeline. Going to revert back if thats possible.

Sounds like your computer is acting up. I'm on Chrome and it's running just fine. Timeline isn't slowing down or anything either

Eric WK

Anyone else noticeably missing stuff from their Timeline - like tons of wall posts and things? Does it take some time to populate or is there stuff that's just lost forever for whatever reason?

Firestorm

Eric WK said:
Anyone else noticeably missing stuff from their Timeline - like tons of wall posts and things? Does it take some time to populate or is there stuff that's just lost forever for whatever reason?
Click the blue [...]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I effing HATE the new Facebook feed system. I don't want a ticker, and I don't want "Top Stories". Blah.

The other recent changes are cool, though. The new profiles look snazzy, if not a little cluttered.

Eric WK

Firestorm said:
Click the blue [...]

Heh. I'm not a dunce.

For example, for 2005 I have one Wall post from January, nothing from February through August and then a whole bunch for the rest of the year. There's a whole chunk missing.

artist

Banned
lol ... tried to update my Timeline with a Place/event and ..

XXX was with YYY at Sentence fragment added after a user's name, as in Mark Zuckerberg was with Chris Cox and 3 other people at Palo Alto Sol Restaurant.

Tried again and same result. Anybody else getting this error?

saelz8

saelz8 said:
I don't like how it has recommended subscriptions within each persons Timeline. They likened the new profile to being your house online, yet they are injecting people recommendations. It seems to contradict that philosophy. The recommended users should be a Homepage only deal.
They removed this. Good stuff.

It seems like my timeline doesn't show any updates for things I've made after I got it...If I click Recent Activity it's all there but my timeline just stops at the last thing I did before I got it. Wtf...Now I'm afraid to click "Publish Now"

woodchuck

Eric WK said:
Heh. I'm not a dunce.

For example, for 2005 I have one Wall post from January, nothing from February through August and then a whole bunch for the rest of the year. There's a whole chunk missing.

They got rid of the old wall where there was a huge space for anybody to write stuff in fall 2005. and it didn't transition well from comments on that wall to the regular wall that we know where each wall post has a separate box.

Dabanton

A few days with this now and i love it even more the constant ticker update in the corner and the Spotify integration is so simple.

I can have my close friends feed back and everyone else can go into the other ones easy peasy.

edgefusion

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
This means less than even "make it pop."

Go into any thread about any redesign ever and it will be littered with people calling it "cluttered", seriously it's like the go-to word for contrarians and those who quake in their boots at the first sign of change. Give it a couple of weeks when people realise they actually do have the brain capacity to learn a slightly altered layout and the complaints of "cluttered" will vanish.

Korey

saelz8 said:
Hmm ok I guess none of my friends are using it yet.

I'm hearing you need the spotify client to listen to music though right? In the F8 presentation, I thought you could listen to songs in browser?

saelz8

Korey said:
Hmm ok I guess none of my friends are using it yet.

I'm hearing you need the spotify client to listen to music though right? In the F8 presentation, I thought you could listen to songs in browser?
You still need the Spotify client. If you don't have it installed, clicking to play a track will download the software.

That's how it worked for me anyway.

artist

Banned
irfan said:
lol ... tried to update my Timeline with a Place/event and ..

XXX was with YYY at Sentence fragment added after a user's name, as in Mark Zuckerberg was with Chris Cox and 3 other people at Palo Alto Sol Restaurant.

Tried again and same result. Anybody else getting this error?
Anyone else getting this error?

I have a problem. Whenever I tag people in my photos it makes the photo visable to their friend and lets them comment on it. Is there anyway to prevent this? I only want my pictures to be visable to my friends yet I still want to tag them.

I tried changing the privacy to just friends but it still says its visable to me and their friends.

kehs

Banned
edgefusion said:
Go into any thread about any redesign ever and it will be littered with people calling it "cluttered", seriously it's like the go-to word for contrarians and those who quake in their boots at the first sign of change. Give it a couple of weeks when people realise they actually do have the brain capacity to learn a slightly altered layout and the complaints of "cluttered" will vanish.

It's pretty obvious they dumped a bunch of new features into a layout that didn't have those features in mind(that's like the definition of cluttered). This is them testing the backend of those features.

No one will be saying shit about it not being cluttered in a few weeks, because it'll be in a different layout in a few weeks.

Radec

I have activated Timeline on my profile yesterday, but I can only see upto yesterday's update.

Is that how supposed to work?

:/

wrowa

fbfbgrs6.png

Timeline get °__°

It's interesting. Feels very cluttered, but it's fun to experiment with it. Would like to see other profiles in the new design too, but, well, I'm apparently the only one in my friends list who uses the new profile already.

artist

Banned
Radec said:
I have activated Timeline on my profile yesterday, but I can only see upto yesterday's update.

Is that how supposed to work?

:/
Click on the years, expand them.

Also anyone else getting the error I posted above? (while updating your Timeline)

Top Bottom